• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Look, it’s good to sound kind, be all-inclusive, talk about the equality of opportunity etc etc .. and it’s probably even more easy when you are already “on the other side of the ocean”. Why would not you? All I say is that this case is almost done due to the way Curtis accepted plaintiffs. And I don’t care if I sound harsh and my opinion is not popular here - at least several thousand could get visas (if the judge ruled so), in comparison to 24k who drowned it. Anyways, these discussions will not change anything and it’s ok to agree to disagree.

Guys I have been trying to login into the ceac website for the past few weeks, I keep getting the same error. At first I ignored it thinking its too many people checking at the same time and it may be server issues. But It has been happening every time I check for the past several weeks.CEAC.png

Look, it’s good to sound kind, be all-inclusive, talk about the equality of opportunity etc etc .. and it’s probably even more easy when you are already “on the other side of the ocean”. Why would not you? All I say is that this case is almost done due to the way Curtis accepted plaintiffs. And I don’t care if I sound harsh and my opinion is not popular here - at least several thousand could get visas (if the judge ruled so), in comparison to 24k who drowned it. Anyways, these discussions will not change anything and it’s ok to agree to disagree.
I hear you.

It is just unfortunate that we paid $2000 just to get a fighting chance. Then came Curtis with his lawsuit. Now people who paid $0 and others who paid $2000 have the same fighting chance.
Actually, someone who paid nothing might get scheduled before a Goh plaintiff who paid 2 grand. (Assuming we get a positive result and assuming cases get consolidated)

Thats what’s going on Goh plaintiffs’ minds right now. And as Erika said, it’s not just the money but the affected opportunity that makes us frustrated. Personally, even if the lawyers have asked for $5000 I would still sign up because Diversity Visa is the cheapest and fastest route to get a Greencard. Other routes cost much more money and time. Just saying it’s not only the money that is making us frustrated as Goh plaintiffs..

However, all of that doesn’t change anything and we will have to wait anyway :)

Guys I have been trying to login into the ceac website for the past few weeks, I keep getting the same error. At first I ignored it thinking its too many people checking at the same time and it may be server issues. But It has been happening every time I check for the past several weeks.View attachment 2647
Try again. This happened with me several times in the past. I tried again after some hours and it worked.

I have a small typo with my father’s name on the already submitted DS260. (Ex. I typed Kith instead of Kit). Should I contact KKC to unlock the form and correct it? Or could I just correct it at the interview? Thank you.

I have a small typo with my father’s name on the already submitted DS260. (Ex. I typed Kith instead of Kit). Should I contact KKC to unlock the form and correct it? Or could I just correct it at the interview? Thank you.
If that is the only error you have, you can correct it at the interview. No need unlocking the DS260 form.

Try again. This happened with me several times in the past. I tried again after some hours and it worked.
Guys I have been trying to login into the ceac website for the past few weeks, I keep getting the same error. At first I ignored it thinking its too many people checking at the same time and it may be server issues. But It has been happening every time I check for the past several weeks.View attachment 2647

NO - do NOT keep randomly trying! If you do that you could block your DS260.

It is very important that you figure out whether you have a mistake in any of your details.

Watch this video (completely) before you do anything else!

Was there ever any representation made that the amount of plaintiffs would be limited, or did you just (initially) assume that the cost involved would make that happen?

As a reminder - inclusivity is the raison d’etre of the DV program in the first place. And the American dream is all about equality of opportunity. If you don’t like these ideals, maybe the US is not for you?

I hear you.

It is just unfortunate that we paid $2000 just to get a fighting chance. Then came Curtis with his lawsuit. Now people who paid $0 and others who paid $2000 have the same fighting chance.
Actually, someone who paid nothing might get scheduled before a Goh plaintiff who paid 2 grand. (Assuming we get a positive result and assuming cases get consolidated)
Guys, what are you complaining about exactly? You did sign up for Goh even though you were well aware that Curtis was planning another lawsuit (he mentioned it many times) and now you are all feeling somewhat deceived because you paid $1.5K and not $500? Well, this is America.

nft.png

Hello everybody, another day to stay positive despite the stress and anxiety.

I have a couple questions:

Current status: my case is 2021SA26XX. I received the email “ready for interview” back in September 2020. DS was sent back in July 2020. Plaintiff on Goodluck.

1. I just noticed on my DS that I missed listing my high school education. I have a bachelors in law, I have indicated it on my DS and I have my degree available for the interview. However, I would like to know if missing the high school information could be a major mistake. I don’t want to unlock DS considering the tight deadline and how sensitive the topic is at this moment. Please advise recommendations on how to proceed.

2. I selected the SDO - Santo Domingo Embassy as my interview location. Data shows that this embassy doesn’t typically process DVs (my assumption is because the country isn’t elegible) and in the past 3 years they only had one case. As of this moment, my interview hasn’t been scheduled but the Embassy is open and it’s processing immigrant visas. What confuses me is, can an embassy decide if they want to process DVs or not? What could be the reason for not scheduling my case (potentially the only case they might have)?

I appreciate your time.

Special thanks to Mom, QQQ and Brit for being so active here. Brit, I hope I can catch one of your YouTube live sessions.

Have a wonderful day!

NO - do NOT keep randomly trying! If you do that you could block your DS260.

It is very important that you figure out whether you have a mistake in any of your details.

Watch this video (completely) before you do anything else!

Thanks, I actually did it the same exact way as I always do when I login. I gave it another try and I got the same message. Then I decided to Enter the characters manually, rather than copy and paste from a text file that I saved on the computer and Voilà, it worked. I'm not sure what the exact problem was I made sure I wasn't copying any extra spaces. I guess we have to enter the information manually.

I don’t get why Curtis decided to include the whole Africa without any payment at the beginning.. it was clear there would be tens of thousands of applicants. Anyways, I am not upset about the money, but I am reallyyyy unhappy by the fact that this “charity” destroyed the chances to get the visa.
Which continent do u come frome?

Was there ever any representation made that the amount of plaintiffs would be limited, or did you just (initially) assume that the cost involved would make that happen?

As a reminder - inclusivity is the raison d’etre of the DV program in the first place. And the American dream is all about equality of opportunity. If you don’t like these ideals, maybe the US is not for you?
Tell them susie

I personally don't blame Curtis for anything. He is a great lawyer and a clever businessman.
Although he kinda destroyed our chance of being adjudicated as Goh plaintiffs before deadline because of the imminent consolidation. These are just facts and things like this happen all the time in all areas of life, not just litigation.
And again his strategy of onboarding the African selectees without initial fee proved to be successful for him and his firm. We are talking about millions of $$$ either paid or soon to be :)

I personally don't blame Curtis for anything. He is a great lawyer and a clever businessman.
Although he kinda destroyed our chance of being adjudicated as Goh plaintiffs before deadline because of the imminent consolidation. These are just facts and things like this happen all the time in all areas of life, not just litigation.
And again his strategy of onboarding the African selectees without initial fee proved to be successful for him and his firm. We are talking about millions of $$$ either paid or soon to be :)
Yup, fancy new car this year for sure!

I don't understand why people is getting upset about Curtis's case. Just because a new case has been filed does not necessarily mean it will harm Goh plaintiffs. They are separate cases with separate lists of plaintiffs. If you think logically, were they to prioritize any of the plaintiffs between the lawsuits, it would likely be from Goh as they already have their list and it is considered the lead case.

If you also think logically - they are unlikely to track 20k plaintiffs from a spreadsheet as closely as they would with Goh, it's just not going to happen. They are also not going to just copy and paste Goh plaintiffs to a spreadsheet with Goodluck and have a mix and match party all of a sudden.

But what’s even more important - don’t be upset that other people decides to jump on a lifeline if they couldn’t afford the first one. Everyone here would do the same thing so let’s not be hypocrites, I doubt those are the types of people that America wants. Yes, winning the lottery is a once in a life time opportunity, but no ones application is more important than the other - regardless of where we live or was born. Lastly, being part of the whole process is still a privilege and not a right.

Susie, seriously ? Please don’t lump everything together - you have to look at each variable separately.
Those comments were all directly addressing points you made in the same paragraph ...but you’re welcome to look at each variable separately. Not gonna make a shred of difference.

Hello everybody, another day to stay positive despite the stress and anxiety.

I have a couple questions:

Current status: my case is 2021SA26XX. I received the email “ready for interview” back in September 2020. DS was sent back in July 2020. Plaintiff on Goodluck.

1. I just noticed on my DS that I missed listing my high school education. I have a bachelors in law, I have indicated it on my DS and I have my degree available for the interview. However, I would like to know if missing the high school information could be a major mistake. I don’t want to unlock DS considering the tight deadline and how sensitive the topic is at this moment. Please advise recommendations on how to proceed.

2. I selected the SDO - Santo Domingo Embassy as my interview location. Data shows that this embassy doesn’t typically process DVs (my assumption is because the country isn’t elegible) and in the past 3 years they only had one case. As of this moment, my interview hasn’t been scheduled but the Embassy is open and it’s processing immigrant visas. What confuses me is, can an embassy decide if they want to process DVs or not? What could be the reason for not scheduling my case (potentially the only case they might have)?

I appreciate your time.

Special thanks to Mom, QQQ and Brit for being so active here. Brit, I hope I can catch one of your YouTube live sessions.

Have a wonderful day!
1. You can update in interview
2. My understanding is that yes each consuiate can prioritize in accordance with the broad guidelines (which unfortunately currently have DV in the lowest tier). I am not sure how responsive SDO is but you can try emailing or calling the website contact for immigrant visa queries and ask them directly if they plan to schedule DV cases.