GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Hi,
on December 9 we applied online for my father but we haven't received any mail since then, although on case status it says they have mailed us a receipt notice which describes how they will process our case.

how long it takes to get that firs mail? Please help, T
hank you so much

Hi,
on December 9 we applied online for my father but we haven't received any mail since then, although on case status it says they have mailed us a receipt notice which describes how they will process our case.

how long it takes to get that firs mail? Please help, T
hank you so much

check the case and documents tabs for the case on myuscis, it has more information than the case status website
nothing is fast in immigration, especially over holiday season.

Hi,
I am a US Citizen and have just started to look at applying I-130 for parents. The part that is confusing to me is about parents birth certificates and marriage certificates.
a) Do we really need birth certificates of parents? If we cannot get the BC, do we need a non-availability cert or supporting affidavits will do?
b) For parents marriage certificate, same question? Would supporting affidavits work or we definitely need non-availability certificate?

If there is a post/forum that can help answer my questions please point me to it. It seems getting certificates in these pandemic times is almost impossible, so trying to see what are my options.

Thank you

Hi
I am a US citizen and am looking to help my parents get GC (permanent residency) in the US. As I understand this requires both I-130 and I-485 . They will be visiting the US soon, so hopefully I will be able to file both simultaneously
For I-130, looks like I have to get the following affidavits:
1. Birth date affidavit from parents/ close family members
2. Marriage date affidavit
3. If no birth certificate is available - an affidavit that states from a sub-registrar office in India that there is no such birth certificate

These are covid times across the world and India as well. For my parents to travel to the far out locations where they were born and spend days to try and get #3 above seems to be a major challenge. What can they do to avoid this. They will be travelling shortly to the USA on 10-year visitor visa

Please let me know

Thanks

Hi
I am a US citizen and am looking to help my parents get GC (permanent residency) in the US. As I understand this requires both I-130 and I-485 . They will be visiting the US soon, so hopefully I will be able to file both simultaneously
3. If no birth certificate is available - an affidavit that states from a sub-registrar office in India that there is no such birth certificate

These are covid times across the world and India as well. For my parents to travel to the far out locations where they were born and spend days to try and get #3 above seems to be a major challenge. What can they do to avoid this. They will be travelling shortly to the USA on 10-year visitor visa

Please let me know

Thanks
Look at yourmaninindia.com . I have used them to get marksheets attested from Indian Universities etc. in the past. Just ping them, open a case and they will tell you what the price is for various chores.

Hi

Please let me know

Thanks
Planning for your parents to come into the US on a NIV and you subsequently filing AOS for them is frowned upon, it is considered a fraudulent use of a NIV.

Planning for your parents to come into the US on a NIV and you subsequently filing AOS for them is frowned upon, it is considered a fraudulent use of a NIV.
Thanks Sm1smom. I am not aware of what the procedure is and only now realize that you have to come in on IR5 and then file AOS, correct?

Thanks Sm1smom. I am not aware of what the procedure is and only now realize that you have to come in on IR5 and then file AOS, correct?
No. No AOS is required if you enter on an immigrant visa. Ir5 is an immigrant visa. Your parents will be LPRs as soon as they enter the US on their immigrant visas.

No. No AOS is required if you enter on an immigrant visa. Ir5 is an immigrant visa. Your parents will be LPRs as soon as they enter the US on their immigrant visas.
Thanks SusieQQQ for your tireless help! When I said "you have to come in on IR5 and then file AOS, correct?" I meant that Ir5 for entry and then file the AOS to become citizens. I dont know though if they do not file for AOS, how long is the IR5 visa valid?

Thanks SusieQQQ for your tireless help! When I said "you have to come in on IR5 and then file AOS, correct?" I meant that Ir5 for entry and then file the AOS to become citizens. I dont know though if they do not file for AOS, how long is the IR5 visa valid?
No, your understanding is very misplaced.
1. File i130 petition for them
2. When petition is processed and they have interview, assuming all ok, they will be issued immigrant visas (the particular category of visa is IR5). These visas will be valid for usually 6 months after issuance, that is they have up to 6 months to use them
3. When they enter the US on these visas they immediately become LPRs/green card holders. The visa expiry no longer matters at this point as it has been used, and they are permanent residents.
4. After 5 years of being LPRs they can apply to become citizens, via N400 application for naturalization.

adjustment of status has nothing to do with this process at any stage. It is not relevant to them at all.

i think you meant entering in non-immigrant visa (and do AOS later ) in your post?

No, I don’t. I mean getting an immigrant visa and entering as a LPR. It is considered fraudulent to use a non-immigrant visa with intent to adjust status.
I saw a comma after No in your original statement when there was none! "No AOS is required if you enter on an immigrant visa".

Hello,
I did a concurrent AOS filing for my mom. However, I received RFE which asked for applicant and petitioner birth certificates, which I can resend them. I have few confusion with RFE on i-864, which says amount is sufficient but need additional evidence.
"Submit evidence of the petitioning sponsor's current income. Such evidence should include:
- Pay stubs or other documentation of pay for the previous 6 months.
- evidence of other income, such as Tax-Exempt Interest, Qualified Dividends, etc

Letter of employment containing the following:
- Dates of employment
- Nature of the job
- Yearly salary earned
- Number of hours per week worked
- Prospects for future employment and advancement"

Do I need to submit all of this or last year w2 and 6 months pay stub is fine? Because I changed my employer and my new job will start next week. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I filed AOS I-485 along with I-131 (travel Parole) and I-765 (employment Authorization) on March 29th and received receipts for them all. My question is what to expect in terms on timeline for each application
1. AOS
2. Travel Authorization
3. Work Authorization

I filed AOS I-485 along with I-131 (travel Parole) and I-765 (employment Authorization) on March 29th and received receipts for them all. My question is what to expect in terms on timeline for each application
1. AOS
2. Travel Authorization
3. Work Authorization

1 check uscis processing times for i485 for your field office https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ ; average so far this fiscal year is 13.4 months but can vary widely by FO
2 & 3 will usually come together in a “combo card”. many people are reporting around 6 months, some longer

1 check uscis processing times for i485 for your field office https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ ; average so far this fiscal year is 13.4 months but can vary widely by FO
2 & 3 will usually come together in a “combo card”. many people are reporting around 6 months, some longer
Thank you.
1. Is the field office is wherever I reside?
is 2&3 regardless the where I applied and regardless where it is being processed? I applied to Chicago lock box

Thank you.
1. Is the field office is wherever I reside?
is 2&3 regardless the where I applied and regardless where it is being processed? I applied to Chicago lock box
1. You can check your FO by zip code, Google uscis office locator
2&3 It will vary according to which service center it’s assigned to, it should say on your receipt notice which it is.