GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

i got the email from NVC this morning along with case # and invoice # , i was able to log in and see the case, paid the fess and waiting the process once its paid so i can submit all the documentation
i have 1 question when i was in summary page i saw on top right it says priority date september 28 2022
is that priority interview date for my mother or just the processing date from ceac ?
thank you again
Something sounds wrong, the priority date is the date the file was accepted at uscis. It shouldn’t be a future date. Are you sure it’s not 2021?

Something sounds wrong, the priority date is the date the file was accepted at uscis. It shouldn’t be a future date. Are you sure it’s not 2021?
Apologize you are correct , its 2021 i just checked again Thank you for the kind help

Priority date: 12/03/2007
Approval Date: 03/27/2018
Date of Birth: 05/20/1996

2 months ago we received an email from NVC about our F4 visa with our case number and instructions for paying fees and submitting documents. When I logged in CEAC
I was missing from the list. Contacted NVC their answer was that I don't qualify for CSPA. But with my calculations it's 16 years and not 21.
Am I doing something wrong with my calculations or I am missing something?

Priority date: 12/03/2007
Approval Date: 03/27/2018
Date of Birth: 05/20/1996

2 months ago we received an email from NVC about our F4 visa with our case number and instructions for paying fees and submitting documents. When I logged in CEAC
I was missing from the list. Contacted NVC their answer was that I don't qualify for CSPA. But with my calculations it's 16 years and not 21.
Am I doing something wrong with my calculations or I am missing something?
If the dates above are accurate then so is your calculation. Ask NVC to reinstate the derivative on the case. This happens fairly often.

This forum helped me a lot before - it all started with DV2016. And then I received my GC and my citizenship after that. Finally, I am here one more time to get help, this time it is for my mother - I started GC process for her with I-130 on 07/21/21. I received approval on 09/13/22. Now, I am waiting for NVC to send me a case number to start the second round.

Thanks for the links, but when I click on these, the pages cannot be found. They might be expired or I did not see the updated links. However, I would greatly appreciate your kind help.

Many thanks…

Last edited:
Hello,

My I-130 petition for my mother is approved. USCIS directed the petition to NVC.

Now, I have to submit I-864 for my mother. I lost my job after the pandemic started. Yet, I have savings in the bank. What is the minimum saving amount for me to support my mother? Do I need a joint supporter no matter how much I have in the bank? Does that person have to live in the same house? I would appreciate your kind help.
Thank you so much.

Hello,

My I-130 petition for my mother is approved. USCIS directed the petition to NVC.

Now, I have to submit I-864 for my mother. I lost my job after the pandemic started. Yet, I have savings in the bank. What is the minimum saving amount for me to support my mother? Do I need a joint supporter no matter how much I have in the bank? Does that person have to live in the same house? I would appreciate your kind help.
Thank you so much.
The instructions for i864 detail these factors, see https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr.pdf especially page 9 and page 12. I have seen cases reported where a joint sponsor has been asked for even if the assets meet the guidelines.

Joint sponsor does not have to live in the same house, or even be related.

Hi,
I just need an advice regarding DNA testing:

When I submitted I-130 for my mother, USCIS asked me to provide additional documents including medical records in order to prove that she is my mother. So I prepared many documents and I also applied for DNA testing just in case. However, US embassy was moving at that time and they could not schedule appointment for us on time. I submitted all the documents without DNA test results. USCIS approved the case anyway and sent it to the NVC.

Few days ago, we received an email from US embassy - they said they completed their moving process and scheduled an appointment for my mother for DNA testing. We wanted to proceed with it anyways as I already paid for testing. They won’t refund it as my sample was sent to the lab and the kit for my mother was also sent to the US embassy.

The US Embassy will mail the DNA samples back to the laboratory in the US. Yet, they also want to know who will have to see the results. At first, it was USCIS but now I do not know. What should I say?

NVC says that we should not mail any documents to them. I want the results to be included in the same file - my mother will be interviewed in the same US Embassy in the future (consular processing).

I would appreciate your help regarding this matter.

Thank you so much…

P.S. I apologize for a long letter - I did not mean to take much of your time. I greatly appreciate all your help.

Hi,
I just need an advice regarding DNA testing:

When I submitted I-130 for my mother, USCIS asked me to provide additional documents including medical records in order to prove that she is my mother. So I prepared many documents and I also applied for DNA testing just in case. However, US embassy was moving at that time and they could not schedule appointment for us on time. I submitted all the documents without DNA test results. USCIS approved the case anyway and sent it to the NVC.

Few days ago, we received an email from US embassy - they said they completed their moving process and scheduled an appointment for my mother for DNA testing. We wanted to proceed with it anyways as I already paid for testing. They won’t refund it as my sample was sent to the lab and the kit for my mother was also sent to the US embassy.

The US Embassy will mail the DNA samples back to the laboratory in the US. Yet, they also want to know who will have to see the results. At first, it was USCIS but now I do not know. What should I say?

NVC says that we should not mail any documents to them. I want the results to be included in the same file - my mother will be interviewed in the same US Embassy in the future (consular processing).

I would appreciate your help regarding this matter.

Thank you so much…

P.S. I apologize for a long letter - I did not mean to take much of your time. I greatly appreciate all your help.
Greetings to all!
We took care of this question - so please ignore it. I just wanted to share the result in case it might help anyone in the future.

US Embassy did not ask anything other than my mother’s address - they already knew where to send it as the lab from here in the US mailed them all the information including the DNA kit. They were very helpful said my mother.
Thank you!

I am processing my mother's I-130. She is 82 year old and I am trying to find out if she would be exempt from biometric and Medical examination? She had received GC in 2010 which has lapsed since her last trip to US was in 2012.

I am processing my mother's I-130. She is 82 year old and I am trying to find out if she would be exempt from biometric and Medical examination? She had received GC in 2010 which has lapsed since her last trip to US was in 2012.
There are no exemptions by age for these immigrant visa requirements. She may have certain exemptions for specific parts of the medical such as some vaccinations.

There are no exemptions by age for these immigrant visa requirements. She may have certain exemptions for specific parts of the medical such as some vaccinations.
Thank you SusieQQQ. Follow up question, what is the next step after I-130 if going through CP. Most information online points to i-485 which is AOS. However, I would like to prepare ahead for the next step, but i am not aware what form needs to be filled for CP processing once i-130 is approved.

Thank you SusieQQQ. Follow up question, what is the next step after I-130 if going through CP. Most information online points to i-485 which is AOS. However, I would like to prepare ahead for the next step, but i am not aware what form needs to be filled for CP processing once i-130 is approved.
once i130 is approved it goes to NVC, they create a case, and then you will get a request to submit documents (DS260 and copies of required documents such as affidavit of support and civil documents) and pay fees. Once all that is done and approved the case is considered documentarily qualified (DQ in internet shorthand), and it then goes into the queue for an interview at the consulate.
You can see this as part of the immigrant visa process here and subsequent pages on what is to be submitted to them https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...t-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

NVC processing at present is about a month to create a case and about 6 weeks to review submitted documents. They update these timelines regularly here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Those links are immensely helpful. Far as I can tell, the "interview waiver" announced in recent years for 80+ applicants is only applicable for non-immigrant visas, and hence for IV my mom will have to travel to the consulate and appear for in-person interview. Are you familiar with this topic?