GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

2&3
my receipt start with MSC, I'm assuming that this is National Benefits Center, correct?
When I check based on the center (National Benefits Center) and type of form (I-765), it indicate 7.5 to 11 month based on AOS. For Travel Document (I-131) it indicates 3-5 month. If they will provide "combo card as you indicated, which time period it will be?

2&3
my receipt start with MSC, I'm assuming that this is National Benefits Center, correct?
When I check based on the center (National Benefits Center) and type of form (I-765), it indicate 7.5 to 11 month based on AOS. For Travel Document (I-131) it indicates 3-5 month. If they will provide "combo card as you indicated, which time period it will be?
Don’t know, but i haven’t heard of anyone getting AP in 3 months since before covid. Plan for the later date and be pleasantly surprised if it’s earlier.

OK thanks. Regarding travelling in USA with my foreign passport, is there any issues since my B-2 visa expired and I'm waiting for adjustment of status - I applied before my visa expired. What I'm saying is: if I'm travelling to New York from Houston, can I get in trouble with the immigration officer?

OK thanks. Regarding travelling in USA with my foreign passport, is there any issues since my B-2 visa expired and I'm waiting for adjustment of status - I applied before my visa expired. What I'm saying is: if I'm travelling to New York from Houston, can I get in trouble with the immigration officer?

Unlikely. Bring a copy of your NOA just in case.

Greetings, I received a letter from USCIS titled "I-693 Deficiency Notice". I submitted I-485 but didn't submit completed I-693 as I'm not sure how long it will take for I-485 to be reviewed/approved. Is this typical? do I need to do anything.

Hello members. I am planning to apply GC to my parents from India and presently in USA. They have a marriage certificate issued recently (late registration). They doesn't have birth certificates and they have "non availability of records" certificates. Both of them have School (X class) certificates with date of birth. What affidavits do I need to submit along with I-130? Can I get model affidavits in this forum.

Thanks

Greetings, I received a letter from USCIS titled "I-693 Deficiency Notice". I submitted I-485 but didn't submit completed I-693 as I'm not sure how long it will take for I-485 to be reviewed/approved. Is this typical? do I need to do anything.
need response please

Hi
I am a US citizen and am looking to help my parents get GC (permanent residency) in the US. As I understand this requires both I-130 and I-485 . They will be visiting the US soon, so hopefully I will be able to file both simultaneously
For I-130, looks like I have to get the following affidavits:
1. Birth date affidavit from parents/ close family members
2. Marriage date affidavit
3. If no birth certificate is available - an affidavit that states from a sub-registrar office in India that there is no such birth certificate

These are covid times across the world and India as well. For my parents to travel to the far out locations where they were born and spend days to try and get #3 above seems to be a major challenge. What can they do to avoid this. They will be travelling shortly to the USA on 10-year visitor visa

Please let me know

Thanks
Hi,

I am in the same boat. We have marriage certificate registered recently and no birth certificates. We have obtained non availability certificate. I too seriously searching for the affidavit formats for these two. Are you successful in getting these affidavits? For #3 non availability of records certificate is not issued by sub registrar. It is from the municipality or panchayat where your parents were born. It is easy to get this certificate and depending upon which part of India you parents were born. Registering marriage is also not difficult. This is issued by sub registrar office where your parents presently living. Please let me know if you get the affidavits.

Thanks

Sample Birth and Marriage Affidavits

I have added Sample Birth and Marriage affidavits for anyone looking for content/format. Please see attachments for these word documents.
Hi,

Do you have the samples still, by chance? If yes, can you please attach them again.

Thanks.

need response please

Get immigration medicals done and submit in response to I-693 deficiency notice. Its not in your hand to know when I-485 will be approved. If time lapses for I-693 USCIS might in few circumstances get immigration medicals redone. Normally submitted I-693 is good for 1 year.

Thank you. However, they mentioned in the letter not to submit anything and just bring it to the interview when it is time for it. I was wondering whether I did something wrong completing AOS without submitting I-693 as it wasn't mandatory as indicated on the 485 application

There’s nothing else to the deficiency letter outside of what it says, it is basically acknowledging the fact that you did not submit a medical report with your AOS package. That is all. You take the medical report with you to your interview just like the letter says.

Greetings,

I applied for I-130 almost a year ago and the plan was to do the interview is the embassy in Bahrain. However things changed and I came to USA for a visit and applied for AOS (I 485) about 4 month ago. My question is : Should I advise USCIS that I applied for AOS and that they shouldn't send my paper to the embassy? How can I advise them?

Greetings,

I applied for I-130 almost a year ago and the plan was to do the interview is the embassy in Bahrain. However things changed and I came to USA for a visit and applied for AOS (I 485) about 4 month ago. My question is : Should I advise USCIS that I applied for AOS and that they shouldn't send my paper to the embassy? How can I advise them?

Hello everyone. I have a question about sponsoring my parents and brother who is a minor. When I petition for my parents, will my brothers' application be processed together with my parents since he is a minor (13 y). I would appreciate if you can give me any information about websites that I can know more about this process. Thank you!!

Hello everyone. I have a question about sponsoring my parents and brother who is a minor. When I petition for my parents, will my brothers' application be processed together with my parents since he is a minor (13 y). I would appreciate if you can give me any information about websites that I can know more about this process. Thank you!!
Parent petitions are immediate relative categories. They cannot have derivatives, so your brother cannot be listed to join either of them. This means that you would have to put in a separate petition for your brother as a sibling. There is no distinction made for age, etc for sibling visas so that would be 15-20 years before he can get a visa. Clearly this is not workable for your situation. What most people do for this type of situation is petition the parents, then once they have green cards one of them petitions their minor child (approx 2 years process, maybe longer now) and then one or both parents gets a re-entry permit to allow them to stay at home with the child awaiting his visa, without losing their own green cards. Another way to do it is to petition one parent, who then petitions the spouse with child as derivative (this is allowed for spouse of LPR category) once the first parent gets a green card. There is no way to bring them all together to the US at the same time your parents get their green cards.