• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Did you ask KCC when the file was requested?
I did 3 times.. there are going round the bush without answering the question - last they emailed telling i have 2 applicant and i have only paid for 1 - which makes sense because other one is doing consular processing. On the email i stated it clearly and also i have ds260 already submitted for the other as consular processing and they still ask stupid question :) - also it takes 2 weeks for a reply

What additional documents do you need to send? You need to be a bit more specific, provide more details in order to get the appropriate response.
My husband bought 3 bank checks, payment for 485, we filled them out and instead of my husband's signature, we signed each check for himself, me, daughter and my husband each signed a check for himself, although he would be cashed from our joint bank account but bought them the husband and they were in his name and only he had to sign his consent to cashing out. I think this is a mistake that I should fix immediately. We are from another country and have never used checks, and in the example there is always one person, so we thought everyone should sign this check for their package. Now I will go to the bank and ask for help from them, but if not, then I will have to send new checks. My package was delivered to USCIS this morning. This is the situation that kept me awake all night ...

I did 3 times.. there are going round the bush without answering the question - last they emailed telling i have 2 applicant and i have only paid for 1 - which makes sense because other one is doing consular processing. On the email i stated it clearly and also i have ds260 already submitted for the other as consular processing and they still ask stupid question :) - also it takes 2 weeks for a reply
What did the IO tell you at the interview? That they did not have the file from KCC to approve your case at that time?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but if one has a scheduled biometrics appointment, is it possible to go to the ASC before that scheduled appointment and get your biometrics done earlier? Just a few days maybe?

I received a text message yesterday from USCIS that my case was received. When I entered my receipt number in their case tracker, this is what I got. Is this the normal first step during this process? I expected to see something like "case was received," but this is what I got.
first update.png

Hi mom, is it ok on our bank statements that we include that we black out the transactions for privacy? Or would you recommend keeping everything in full when submitting our package?

When sending the checks is it necessary to have 2 separate checks or is it preferable to have 1 that includes the sum of the filing fee and biometrics fee?

Perhaps this is a silly question, but if one has a scheduled biometrics appointment, is it possible to go to the ASC before that scheduled appointment and get your biometrics done earlier? Just a few days maybe?
You used to be able to do this at many (not all) ASCs, but since COVID they are officially not allowing walk-ins. That said, I have heard of one attempt that worked. The only way you’ll know for sure is to try.

My case number AS28xxx, living in the US, the current status is F1.
Never filed any forms to the USCIS, but paid for the adjustment of the status fee of $330 on September 2020.
Because I had no knowledge about the visa bulletin, the case number should be current, etc.
Now, I am waiting for my case number to be current. Am I doing correctly or not?

1. N/A if it is not applicable to your situation.
2. Yes.
3. Yeah, you can put that, although your immigration status technically speaking hasn't changed.
4. One big bucket/category to capture everything - TA regardless of the subject taught
5. 0 is fine.
6. Yes.
7. Administrative error will indicate an error on the embassy's side led to the denial which isn't true, right? Your spouse applied for a B1/B2 visa which was subsequently denied because they weren't deemed eligible for the visa - no point trying to sugarcoat why the application was denied.

You continue working until you receive your GC (assuming your OPT hasn't expired as at then).
thanks!

My case number AS28xxx, living in the US, the current status is F1.
Never filed any forms to the USCIS, but paid for the adjustment of the status fee of $330 on September 2020.
Because I had no knowledge about the visa bulletin, the case number should be current, etc.
Now, I am waiting for my case number to be current. Am I doing correctly or not?
You mean, you paid the diversity visa fee of $330.
You can file for adjustment of status (with the actual AOS fee) when your number is listed as current in the advanced notification section of the visa bulletin. Also please go through in detail the spreadsheet that is linked in the first post of this thread.

My husband bought 3 bank checks, payment for 485, we filled them out and instead of my husband's signature, we signed each check for himself, me, daughter and my husband each signed a check for himself, although he would be cashed from our joint bank account but bought them the husband and they were in his name and only he had to sign his consent to cashing out. I think this is a mistake that I should fix immediately. We are from another country and have never used checks, and in the example there is always one person, so we thought everyone should sign this check for their package. Now I will go to the bank and ask for help from them, but if not, then I will have to send new checks. My package was delivered to USCIS this morning. This is the situation that kept me awake all night ...
I’m not sure what you mean by your husband checks which were issued in his name and all that - again, sorry I don’t quite understand what you’re describing.

If you included 3 personal checks drawn on your bank accounts, only the signatories to that account is eligible to sign the checks. If a non- eligible person signed the check, USCIS may be run into problems while trying to pay in the check. So yeah go talk to your bank to kind of give them a heads up. You cannot simply send in new new checks on their own. The payment must accompany the package, so if USCIS is unable to complete the payment transaction on any of the applications, the affected ones will be rejected and sent back to you.

You mean, you paid the diversity visa fee of $330.
You can file for adjustment of status (with the actual AOS fee) when your number is listed as current in the advanced notification section of the visa bulletin. Also please go through in detail the spreadsheet that is linked in the first post of this thread.
Yes, I thought it was a diversity visa fee, but in the email, they were mentioned that my adjustment of a status fee to the department of state has been paid. I am confused, but I think it is a DV fee.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    910.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Yes, I thought it was a diversity fee, but in the email, they were mentioned that my adjustment of a status fee to the department of state has been paid. I am confused, but I think it is a DV fee.
That is the DV administrative fee, regardless of the name heave called it. It is not the AOS fee that needs to be sent with your AOS application.

Go through the AOS process spreadsheet like Susie already recommended above.

That is the DV administrative fee, regardless of the name heave called it. It is not the AOS fee that needs to be sent with your AOS application.

Go through the AOS process spreadsheet like Susie already recommended above.
Thank you, when we are filing the AOS, do we also have to be interviewed before September 31, 2021?

Last edited:
Hi, @dhanu159 a side question if you don't mind -

Did you attempt to submit Form I-824 to initiate your wife's FTJ process at your interview?