• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi mom, Another question about I134, if the sponsor of mine (me and my spouse) is making 45k annual salary listed on the contract but he just started working last year with a W2 tax form of 12k earning history for 2020,
1. then he has to provide me his employment letter as a support correct since he didn't make that amount last year?
2. Does the sponsor also need to show his recent monthly paystub to further support my case?
3. Do me and spouse each need a I134 signed by my sponsor or 1 is good to go?
4. I am currently still F-1 student OPT approved recently, i have already signed a contract with hospital for a total of 3 years medical residency, and the salary offers was 58k a year and will increase every year. So do you think i should be financially sufficient for 2 person even without the i134?
5. When preparing for i485, can i serve as my spouse preparer and interpreter?

Thanks

Hi mom, Another question about I134, if the sponsor of mine (me and my spouse) is making 45k annual salary listed on the contract but he just started working last year with a W2 tax form of 12k earning history for 2020,
1. then he has to provide me his employment letter as a support correct since he didn't make that amount last year?
2. Does the sponsor also need to show his recent monthly paystub to further support my case?
3. Do me and spouse each need a I134 signed by my sponsor or 1 is good to go?
4. I am currently still F-1 student OPT approved recently, i have already signed a contract with hospital for a total of 3 years medical residency, and the salary offers was 58k a year and will increase every year. So do you think i should be financially sufficient for 2 person even without the i134?
5. When preparing for i485, can i serve as my spouse preparer and interpreter?

Thanks
1. In this case, yes.
2. In this case, yes.
3. Just one.
4. Most likely.
5. Yes. However for the interview (if planning to use an interpreter) using a 3rd party is recommended.

Documents question, for the K1 I remember I had a NOA1 and NOA2, I believe this could have been document I-797. When I had the interview at the embassy, they kept that paper and put it in with the rest of the documents in the envelope I had to hand it to CBP. CBP kept that envelope for when I would get married and do the AOS. But since I never did it, I never saw it again. Do I need to try and get a copy, should I write a letter briefly explaining it or this is not relevant at all?

This I-797 was issued to my ex-fiance as he was the petitionary, I showed up as the beneficiary. Next to my name it included a "A" and six numbers. Is any of this information relevant for my DV case?

Last edited:
1. In this case, yes.
2. In this case, yes.
3. Just one.
4. Most likely.
5. Yes. However for the interview (if planning to use an interpreter) using a 3rd party is recommended.
Thanks! So in your opinion and experience,
1. would you recommend i still submitting i134?
2. Would you say is wise to not submit any personal tax return form since i did not work during my time in school as well as any bank statement if that does not have sufficient fund? I read previous post that if i submit these documents it would not support my case well.
3. And for my employment verfication, should i obtain the official one from HR or the contract i signed should be suffice?
4. In case i am submitting tax return form, do i need to include my spouse tax form as well? (we filed married jointly)
5. For proving me and my spouse are maintaining status in the US, do we both need to submit i94, all i20 ever been issued, and preivous and present OPT EAD?

Documents question, for the K1 I remember I had a NOA1 and NOA2, I believe this could have been document I-797. When I had the interview at the embassy, they kept that paper and put it in with the rest of the documents in the envelope I had to hand it to CBP. CBP kept that envelope for when I would get married and do the AOS. But since I never did it, I never saw it again. Do I need to try and get a copy, should I write a letter briefly explaining it or this is not relevant at all?

This I-797 was issued to my ex-fiance as he was the petitionary, I showed up as the beneficiary. Next to my name it included a "A" and six numbers. Is any of this information relevant for my DV case?
The I-797 is not relevant in this case, you didn't file anything with USCIS. The A# is relevant.

The I-797 is not relevant in this case, you didn't file anything with USCIS. The A# is relevant.
I did not put the A number on my DS260, completely out of ignorance on my side, (1) should I add it besides putting it on the I485 form? (2) If I add this number on my form, it won't be a negative factor for me, no? Like USCIS won't contact my ex to tell him about the process and he'll end up figuring out where I live now?

Thanks! So in your opinion and experience,
1. would you recommend i still submitting i134?
2. Would you say is wise to not submit any personal tax return form since i did not work during my time in school as well as any bank statement if that does not have sufficient fund? I read previous post that if i submit these documents it would not support my case well.
3. And for my employment verfication, should i obtain the official one from HR or the contract i signed should be suffice?
4. In case i am submitting tax return form, do i need to include my spouse tax form as well? (we filed married jointly)
5. For proving me and my spouse are maintaining status in the US, do we both need to submit i94, all i20 ever been issued, and preivous and present OPT EAD?
1. Yes
2. I don't recall recommending tax return form should be included. Are you asking about the IRS tax transcript? You can decide on what to do based on what you've read.
3. Highly recommend you obtain one
4. If you filed married jointly, the IRS tax transcript will cover both filings
5. Yes of course, each person is required to demonstrate that.

1. Yes
2. I don't recall recommending tax return form should be included. Are you asking about the IRS tax transcript? You can decide on what to do based on what you've read.
3. Highly recommend you obtain one
4. If you filed married jointly, the IRS tax transcript will cover both filings
5. Yes of course, each person is required to demonstrate that.
Thank you!

I did not put the A number on my DS260, completely out of ignorance on my side, (1) should I add it besides putting it on the I485 form? (2) If I add this number on my form, it won't be a negative factor for me, no? Like USCIS won't contact my ex to tell him about the process and he'll end up figuring out where I live now?
1. No big deal with the omission on the DS260 form.
2. Will you decide on withholding the information if it is likely to negatively impact your case? You do realize withholding of pertinent information has bigger implications than not getting a GC? USCIS will do whatever they need to do as part of the background check, including contacting people from your past should the need arise (this is highly unlikely of course, but you need to be aware they will do that should the need arise). And you should be prepared to prove you did not overstay your K1 visa by the way, since you didn't get married on it.

For the i485 form, for the recent address dates of residences, should i put for ex: from 6/28/2017 to "Present" since i am still living here or put the date of the lease end of my apartment?

1. No big deal with the omission on the DS260 form.
2. Will you decide on withholding the information if it is likely to negatively impact your case? You do realize withholding of pertinent information has bigger implications than not getting a GC? USCIS will do whatever they need to do as part of the background check, including contacting people from your past should the need arise (this is highly unlikely of course, but you need to be aware they will do that should the need arise). And you should be prepared to prove you did not overstay your K1 visa by the way, since you didn't get married on it.
Thank you so much.
I wouldn't withhold the information, I just need to figure out what I would do if he finds me or if there is a possibility he might.
So for the not overstaying the K1, it is reflected on my I94 that I left on day 89, so I was going to simply submit the I94 as proof.

Thank you so much.
I wouldn't withhold the information, I just need to figure out what I would do if he finds me or if there is a possibility he might.
So for the not overstaying the K1, it is reflected on my I94 that I left on day 89, so I was going to simply submit the I94 as proof.
You asked if the information could be a "negative factor" - that's why I pointed out the implication of none disclosure of pertinent information when an applicant thinks it may constitute a "negative factor" to their case.

Thank you @Sm1smom and @Milz. I did my medical exam as they suggested.

If you have an insurance go and see your primary care doctor first. Do your urine and blood test there. See if you can get vaccinations there.

In my case, doctor took a titer test where it shows I had imminization to MRR and Varicella.

Basically, USCIS have three things listed in the form. I strongly recommend to go over the medical exam form I693 by yourself first. Have a look at what is in it. I also took it with me when I visited my primary care doctor and showed him.

I paid $260 for USCIS doctor, literally for filling and signing the form. It took 5-10 min for her to complete. I did not do any test at USCIS civic surgeon office. I had everything done beforehand.

First start with spreadsheet and then go from there.