• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone, my number is 2021 EU00016XXX. Is this a very large number? I was unaware of this bulletin and completed the DS-260 in August. Is this a big mistake? I found out about the choice in the status of a tourist and my status will end in November, but in November my husband submits Form I-589 and I, in his case, can change the status later. I am with my husband, and my choice is my husband, my daughter is with us, she will be 21 in April and she is in our cases. Can we get through? Which way is more correct for us?

Hi mom. Having looked at the tamline table, the case that was sent before the correct number is not started up and the USCIS response letter to the email also comes only when the number is correct.
1.I am interested in the number assigned to the case sent to USCIS corresponds to the winning lottery number or is the case given a different number?
2. If you want to send a document, then you cannot do it until your case is assigned a number and you receive a response letter, otherwise how can you refer to this document for whom?
I must confess I don’t understand the questions in the latest post either but I am curious as to what status you are in at the moment. what did you do after the earlier post quoted above?

Hi @Sm1smom - so after the interview its exaclty a month today - what options do i have at this point. Cant even put in a request for i485 stating "longer processing time" as system doesn't allow, stating its within the time line
Anyone with similar expereience - who waited for KCC file - how long did it take?

Last edited:
I must confess I don’t understand the questions in the latest post either but I am curious as to what status you are in at the moment. what did you do after the earlier post quoted above?
When I sent the documents to USCIS, they will send my case number in the reply letter, will it be the same as the DV lottery winnings or will they give a different number to my case?

If the documents have already been sent to USCIS, how to send an additional document if you have not received a response yet.

In regards to the 2NL, am I correct in stating that this is the stamped paid $330.00 that I sent to The Department of State?

I never received any other letters or emails after I paid this fee except for the returned stamped (PAID) form that was attached to the email from KCC stating that my DS-260 indicated that I wished to Adjust status.

sorry again for silly questions, just trying to get this correct.

Hello Sm1simon,

We got our receipt notice, and it says our preference category is the diversity visa program. We called 1800 number two times, and they (representatives) said mistake (selected yes instead of no for the question are you applying under 245 i) is fixable. Also, they asked us to write a letter to NBC to correct the mistake. So, my questions are;
1. Do we need to include an updated i-485 form with the letter?
2. In your opinion, do you think it is a good idea to send an updated i-485 form with the letter?
3. If we did not send a letter to NBC to correct the mistake, will our application be stuck at NBC? ( because we are afraid that it will cause any confusion on our application)

Thank you for your support in advance.
At this point, I'm sorry to say I can no longer provide you with any further guidance on this issue. I'm sure I already stated (at least twice, if I'm not mistaken) you could get this fixed at the interview. If you feel more comfortable going by what they told you on the phone when you called the 1800 number, then follow the instructions they've provided you with, my opinion as to what will happen if you include or do not include an updated I-485 is irrelevant considering it is simply an "opinion".

Of course I will still assist you and answer any other question you may have (if you still need my assistance), but not the answering YES to the INA related question.

Hi @Sm1smom - so after the interview its exaclty a month today - what options do i have at this point. Cant even put in a request for i485 stating "longer processing time" as system doesn't allow, stating its within the time line
Anyone with similar expereience - who waited for KCC file - how long did it take?
Considering there's no legal requirement for a response to be provided one month or a couple of months after the interview, you technically don't have any option outside of waiting. Yes, I know your wife is doing FTJ, unfortunately nothing can be done about that until you have successfully completed your process (and you cannot do that if your background check clearance is still pending). So my recommendation is to still give it more time. If there's still no update in about a month's time, then initiate a congressional case follow-up/inquiry.

At this point, I'm sorry to say I can no longer provide you with any further guidance on this issue. I'm sure I already stated (at least twice, if I'm not mistaken) you could get this fixed at the interview. If you feel more comfortable going by what they told you on the phone when you called the 1800 number, then follow the instructions they've provided you with, my opinion as to what will happen if you include or do not include an updated I-485 is irrelevant considering it is simply an "opinion".

Of course I will still assist you and answer any other question you may have (if you still need my assistance), but not the answering YES to the INA related question.
Hello Sm1simon,

Thank you very much for your response and I am really very sorry for bothering you with this matter.

When I sent the documents to USCIS, they will send my case number in the reply letter, will it be the same as the DV lottery winnings or will they give a different number to my case?
You will get a receipt number, (just like you did when you guys filed for asylum) - that is the number you will refer to when you contact USCIS for case follow up. That number does not determine case order processing and it has nothing to do with your DV selectee number.

If the documents have already been sent to USCIS, how to send an additional document if you have not received a response yet.
What additional documents do you need to send? You need to be a bit more specific, provide more details in order to get the appropriate response.

In regards to the 2NL, am I correct in stating that this is the stamped paid $330.00 that I sent to The Department of State?

I never received any other letters or emails after I paid this fee except for the returned stamped (PAID) form that was attached to the email from KCC stating that my DS-260 indicated that I wished to Adjust status.

sorry again for silly questions, just trying to get this correct.
The stamped "PAID" form is your payment receipt, not the 2NL.

The email stating KCC is aware you're processing AOS is your 2NL.

Hello Sm1simon,

Thank you very much for your response and I am really very sorry for bothering you with this matter.
My reluctance to continue with this is not because I feel you're bothering me - it is because I find it quite frustrating when someone comes around, asks for guidance but proceeds in another direction only to return to seek more "guidance" or opinion on the opposite direction they decided to go on. I see it as a waste of my time, nothing more.

No, it’s a different case number because it is an i485 case, it is based on the DV case but is not the same thing. There will be a receipt number on the receipt notice. This is the same as the case number for the i485.

Did you ask KCC when the file was requested?

You will get a receipt number, (just like you did when you guys filed for asylum) - that is the number you will refer to when you contact USCIS for case follow up. That number does not determine case order processing and it has nothing to do with your DV selectee number.
Oh, thanks, that's what I wanted to know. So I have to wait for a reply letter.