• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

So hypothetically, someone who has already had the bio appointment can request the case to be expedited? I have a call with the tier 2 agent something this or next week and had my bio over a month ago so I guess I can at least ask for that?

So hypothetically, someone who has already had the bio appointment can request the case to be expedited? I have a call with the tier 2 agent something this or next week and had my bio over a month ago so I guess I can at least ask for that?
Expedite request is not the correct way of doing this actually. You need to have one of the following conditions to do this:

Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
Urgent humanitarian reasons;
Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
Clear USCIS error.

DV deadline is not a reason to expedite the process. You should create a service request instead.

Hello Mom,
I got my sealed/signed medical examination package today. The doctor said everything is ok and you are good to submit it to USCIS. However, he has not written my name and date on the sealed envelope (everything is inside the envelope). Is it ok?
Thank you,

Expedite request is not the correct way of doing this actually. You need to have one of the following conditions to do this:

Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
Urgent humanitarian reasons;
Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
Clear USCIS error.

DV deadline is not a reason to expedite the process. You should create a service request instead.
Thank you. Would you be able to direct me to the right page where I can "create a service request"? Last time I tried to request unfopass through Emma, it only gave an option for asylum seekers.

Also, would end of work visa and therefore health insurance be the type of a reason that you mention above? Thanks a lot!

DV based AOS applications are already benefit from being expedited based on the sunset clause. All other AOS applications take a lot longer than DV based cases. This is why DV cases do not follow the typical timeline you'll find for other AOS cases on their website.

Hello Mom,
I got my sealed/signed medical examination package today. The doctor said everything is ok and you are good to submit it to USCIS. However, he has not written my name and date on the sealed envelope (everything is inside the envelope). Is it ok?
Thank you,
That is fine. Just make sure you have a copy of the medical exam and you closely review your copy to confirm the CS filled out all the required sections before mailing out your AOS package.

DV based AOS applications are already benefit from being expedited based on the sunset clause. All other AOS applications take a lot longer than DV based cases. This is why DV cases do not follow the typical timeline you'll find for other AOS cases on their website.
Got it, thank you.

Hi mom, I have been following this post for quite some time, all are very useful and informative post. I am currently F-1 student with recent approval of OPT. I have some question in regards to I485 and my status during AOS:

1. Part 1#16: Travel document last used upon arrival - N/A?
2. Part 1#23b: should i put D/S since it was listed on the I94
3. Part 1#24: what is your current immigration status (if it has changed) - F-1 student OPT?
4. Part 3 - employment history: I have listed the past 5 years work which were all on-campus employment as a teaching assistant in different subject, should i list every single one or just a big category such as "biology teaching assistant vs Anatomy teaching assistant"
5. Part 6: Information of your child. If no child, put "0" in the box or i don't have to put anything in?
6. Part 8: organization: Do student membership in medical society like "American Medical Society" count as one?
7. Part 8#15: Have you ever been denied a visa? My spouse has been denied a b1/b2 visa previously but was due to administrative error. She told me the interviewing officer told her that she should applied for an F1 instead. It doesn't make much sense to me but should explained as adminsitrative error?

Status during AOS:
Since i will be in OPT, once i get approved for the green card, do my status automatically changed and i can't work during the period between approved to having the green card on hand or could i still continue working with my OPT EAD until i have the green card?

Thank you so much and sorry for the long post.

Hi mom, I have been following this post for quite some time, all are very useful and informative post. I am currently F-1 student with recent approval of OPT. I have some question in regards to I485 and my status during AOS:

1. Part 1#16: Travel document last used upon arrival - N/A?
2. Part 1#23b: should i put D/S since it was listed on the I94
3. Part 1#24: what is your current immigration status (if it has changed) - F-1 student OPT?
4. Part 3 - employment history: I have listed the past 5 years work which were all on-campus employment as a teaching assistant in different subject, should i list every single one or just a big category such as "biology teaching assistant vs Anatomy teaching assistant"
5. Part 6: Information of your child. If no child, put "0" in the box or i don't have to put anything in?
6. Part 8: organization: Do student membership in medical society like "American Medical Society" count as one?
7. Part 8#15: Have you ever been denied a visa? My spouse has been denied a b1/b2 visa previously but was due to administrative error. She told me the interviewing officer told her that she should applied for an F1 instead. It doesn't make much sense to me but should explained as adminsitrative error?

Status during AOS:
Since i will be in OPT, once i get approved for the green card, do my status automatically changed and i can't work during the period between approved to having the green card on hand or could i still continue working with my OPT EAD until i have the green card?

Thank you so much and sorry for the long post.
1. N/A if it is not applicable to your situation.
2. Yes.
3. Yeah, you can put that, although your immigration status technically speaking hasn't changed.
4. One big bucket/category to capture everything - TA regardless of the subject taught
5. 0 is fine.
6. Yes.
7. Administrative error will indicate an error on the embassy's side led to the denial which isn't true, right? Your spouse applied for a B1/B2 visa which was subsequently denied because they weren't deemed eligible for the visa - no point trying to sugarcoat why the application was denied.

You continue working until you receive your GC (assuming your OPT hasn't expired as at then).

1. N/A if it is not applicable to your situation.
2. Yes.
3. Yeah, you can put that, although your immigration status technically speaking hasn't changed.
4. One big bucket/category to capture everything - TA regardless of the subject taught
5. 0 is fine.
6. Yes.
7. Administrative error will indicate an error on the embassy's side led to the denial which isn't true, right? Your spouse applied for a B1/B2 visa which was subsequently denied because they weren't deemed eligible for the visa - no point trying to sugarcoat why the application was denied.

You continue working until you receive your GC (assuming your OPT hasn't expired as at then).

Not contradicting this, but I just want to point out, the instructions specifically say to write "None" for things like that:

If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many
children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless
otherwise directed.

That is fine. Just make sure you have a copy of the medical exam and you closely review your copy to confirm the CS filled out all the required sections before mailing out your AOS package.
Yes, he has provided me a copy. How do I find out if he has filled all the required sections? Should check the instructions?

Yes, he has provided me a copy. How do I find out if he has filled all the required sections? Should check the instructions?
Go through the form, review to see if the sections related to the CS are filled out as applicable and signed. Check the worksheet section to confirm the vaccines you took are listed, the vaccination section for each listed vaccine the specific is completed, medical exam types conducted are indicated. Go through the instructions if you have to. You should be able to figure this out, the form is not difficult to understand.

Hello I would like to know if it is an option for me the following: my case number is high I am from the SA29XX region which is not yet current. We have tourist visa, we want to go with my family next month on vacation and if being there comes out current my case can we choose as option adjustment of status?
Thank you very much for answer!

Hello I would like to know if it is an option for me the following: my case number is high I am from the SA29XX region which is not yet current. We have tourist visa, we want to go with my family next month on vacation and if being there comes out current my case can we choose as option adjustment of status?
Thank you very much for answer!
No you can’t.

Thank you. Would you be able to direct me to the right page where I can "create a service request"? Last time I tried to request unfopass through Emma, it only gave an option for asylum seekers.

Also, would end of work visa and therefore health insurance be the type of a reason that you mention above? Thanks a lot!
You can try e-Request tools but they don't work sometimes. Or you can ask the tier 2 agent to create a service request to your FO regarding the interview.

Go through the form, review to see if the sections related to the CS are filled out as applicable and signed. Check the worksheet section to confirm the vaccines you took are listed, the vaccination section for each listed vaccine the specific is completed, medical exam types conducted are indicated. Go through the instructions if you have to. You should be able to figure this out, the form is not difficult to understand.
Thank you so much for your detailed response. I will do that.

Hi mom. Having looked at the tamline table, the case that was sent before the correct number is not started up and the USCIS response letter to the email also comes only when the number is correct.
1.I am interested in the number assigned to the case sent to USCIS corresponds to the winning lottery number or is the case given a different number?
2. If you want to send a document, then you cannot do it until your case is assigned a number and you receive a response letter, otherwise how can you refer to this document for whom?

Hi mom. Having looked at the tamline table, the case that was sent before the correct number is not started up and the USCIS response letter to the email also comes only when the number is correct.
1.I am interested in the number assigned to the case sent to USCIS corresponds to the winning lottery number or is the case given a different number?
2. If you want to send a document, then you cannot do it until your case is assigned a number and you receive a response letter, otherwise how can you refer to this document for whom?
I’m sorry I don’t understand your questions. I have no idea what it is you’re asking about.

Hello Sm1simon,

We got our receipt notice, and it says our preference category is the diversity visa program. We called 1800 number two times, and they (representatives) said mistake (selected yes instead of no for the question are you applying under 245 i) is fixable. Also, they asked us to write a letter to NBC to correct the mistake. So, my questions are;
1. Do we need to include an updated i-485 form with the letter?
2. In your opinion, do you think it is a good idea to send an updated i-485 form with the letter?
3. If we did not send a letter to NBC to correct the mistake, will our application be stuck at NBC? ( because we are afraid that it will cause any confusion on our application)

Thank you for your support in advance.