VISA Information for Countries

Netherlands - Destination Visa

Visa required.
The following are exempt from holding a visa:
Passengers with a with a US Travel Document (Form I-571) issued to refugees for a maximum stay of 90 days.
The maximum stay is granted within 180 days.

I have travelled to the Netherlands without the visa. Is this some new rule?

I have travelled to the Netherlands without the visa. Is this some new rule?
it's say
Visa required. EXCEPT Refugees Travel Document Holder
The following are exempt from holding a visa:
Passengers with a with a US Travel Document (Form I-571) issued to refugees for a maximum stay of 90 days.
The maximum stay is granted within 180 days.

I wonder if I need RTD to travel to Mexico after quarantine is over
Or just a green card? thank you!!
Did you get GC based on Asylum?
here is my timeline for GC application based on Asylum, I haven't get anything since 2018 :(

07/19/2018
sign_icon.png

We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our Nebraska Service Center location is working on your case.

10/10/2018
sign_icon.png

We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and we are working on your case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

10/10/2018
sign_icon.png

Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing.

10/10/2018
sign_icon.png

We are processing the fingerprints taken for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Next Steps
  • logo_icon.jpg

We will assign your case to an officer. We will review your case and mail you our decision. If we need more information, we will notify you.

Did you get GC based on Asylum?
here is my timeline for GC application based on Asylum, I haven't get anything since 2018 :(

07/19/2018
sign_icon.png

We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our Nebraska Service Center location is working on your case.

10/10/2018
sign_icon.png

We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and we are working on your case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

10/10/2018
sign_icon.png

Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing.

10/10/2018
sign_icon.png

We are processing the fingerprints taken for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Next Steps
  • logo_icon.jpg

We will assign your case to an officer. We will review your case and mail you our decision. If we need more information, we will notify you.

Oh wow that's taking you a really long time. Have you called them? I bet your case is waaay outside of the processing time limit.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a RTD these days? Last time I applied for mine was in 2018 and it took just about 5 weeks. I applied for citizenship 6 months ago and haven't heard from USCIS ever since. Don't know if it's worth applying for a RTD so I can travel or it's worth to just wait it out until I get my citizenship.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a RTD these days? Last time I applied for mine was in 2018 and it took just about 5 weeks. I applied for citizenship 6 months ago and haven't heard from USCIS ever since. Don't know if it's worth applying for a RTD so I can travel or it's worth to just wait it out until I get my citizenship.
I applied for mine on March 2020 and go it in December 2020. So about 10 months, lol. It was my 2nd one, too.

I applied RTD in September 2020 and I havent get any update, this is my 3rd RTD I applied, the first and second one took 2,5 months. I think this has to do with Trump administration slowing things down, also Covid, 35,000 USCIS employees were furlough! Hopefully this year will be faster and better with Biden adminstration.

My last RTD took 120 or so days to be approved. I shared my adventures waiting for it here on the forum. https://forums.immigration.com/threads/rtd-tracker.341558/

At naturalization, they only ask for the green card to be surrendered, not the RTD. So, I still have my RTD, but it expires this month. I never got to use it because of the pandemic. Even if there was no pandemic, wouldn't have used it because I got the ten-year US passport after naturalization.

help needed: I applied for my green card as an asylee last year still pending in TSC .I need to travel Europe so in this matter I need a travel document to travel .I already travelled with refugee travel document before I apply for my green card .now which application type should I select in part 2 on i131 form?thanks in advance .

Hi all, this is a thread for visa information for countries. Please discuss RTD timelines and such in the other relevant threads, as this thread is getting full with irrelevant posts.

Guys we should make a real list like that. I'm just writing as an example. It is not real information.

CountryVisa FreeAllowed Stay
GermanyYES60 Days
HollandYES30 Days
EnglandNO

The list I made as a result of my own research. Countries where you can go visa-free with RTD.
*Some countries require it in LPR.
*Some countries only accept those born in certain countries.

CountryVisa FreeAllowed Stay
GermanyYES90 Days
NetherlandYES90 Days
BelgiumYES90 Days
NorwayYES (Some restrictions by country of birth.)90 Days
HungaryYES90 Days
CanadaYES (with Green Card)6 Months
MexicoYES (Restrictions by country of birth + LPR)180 Days
AndorraYES
Bosnia and HerzegovinaYES90 Days
CroatiaYES90 Days
MoldovaYES90 Days
FranceNO
SpainNO
ItalyNO
DenmarkNO
PortugalNO
GreeceNO
PolandNO
SwedenNO
SwitzerlandNO
United KingdomNO
AustriaNO
UkraineNO
IrelandNO
RussiaNO
Czech RepublicNO
RomaniaNO
TurkeyNO
FinlandNO
JapanNO
AustraliaNO
New ZealandNO
SingaporeNO
ChinaNO
South AfricaNO
IndiaNO
South KoreaNO
BrazilNO
IsraelNO
MaltaNO
LuxembourgNO
BelarusNO
ArgentinaNO

Guys can i go romania with RTD and GC yet?? Also if i go to germany can i get train to Czech Republic and no border control or they will stop me?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.46.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.46.20 PM.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.46.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.46.31 PM.png
    226.4 KB · Views: 18
Please guys I’m planning to go the Netherlands next month and then germany and both don’t need visa with my RTd as i just contacted both embassies yesterday but the question now if i
Take the train from germany to Poland or Czech Republic that both require visa will anyone stop me at the train? Or most likely there will be no
Border control in the train?

Please guys I’m planning to go the Netherlands next month and then germany and both don’t need visa with my RTd as i just contacted both embassies yesterday but the question now if i
Take the train from germany to Poland or Czech Republic that both require visa will anyone stop me at the train? Or most likely there will be no
With COVID-19 I am certain the Vaccine Passports and contact tracing are a thing. I personally could go on and apply visas to places needed out of public health necessity and not take anything to chance.

Can you please share your RTD timeline? Which service center, how long did it take to get it?

Germany has started regularly checking people entering Germany for vaccination/tests, and this might involve immigration status, but I also think Poland and other countries might be doing it too. I consider it risky to go there without a visa.