RTD Tracker

7of9

So, I submitted what I hope will be my last RTD application earlier this week. Starting this thread in case it helps other people. Posting here for RTD #5. Like I have shared elsewhere, I have had mostly 'bad luck' when it comes to dealing with USCIS in the past 16 years, including issues to do with the simple RTD. But even after the long track record of bad luck, I'm always optimistic. Who knows...maybe this time USCIS will be nice to me and give me the RTD fast? Fingers crossed. Most likely I will get it in Feb 2020 :(, after 6 months....happy to be proved wrong. Here we go:

09/04/`19 - RTD Application delivered at Dallas
--/--/-- - Notice of Action (NOA)

Nice. I love this thread. I am also applying for my last one in a few months. My first one took 5 months and my last one took 6 weeks.

09/04/19 - RTD Application delivered at Dallas
09/06/19 - Received Date (RD) - Being processed at LIN (Nebraska Service Center).

09/06/19 - Received Date (RD) - Being processed at LIN (Nebraska Service Center).
09/27/19 - Biometrics letter received
10/11/2019 - Biometrics appointment date

10/11/19 - Biometrics appointment date
09/30/19 - Biometrics done (walk-in)

Hello everyone. I already have a refugee. Correctly I understand that when I apply for RTD I do not need to send pictures and copies of any documents? Only if in the case of USCIS ask about it?

Hello everyone. I already have a refugee. Correctly I understand that when I apply for RTD I do not need to send pictures and copies of any documents? Only if in the case of USCIS ask about it?
You need to submit basis of your claim. I always send my Immigration Judge document stating grant of asylum + green card. But that is overkill. Just submit whatever shows proof of your current refugee status. Good luck.

T
You need to submit basis of your claim. I always send my Immigration Judge document stating grant of asylum + green card. But that is overkill. Just submit whatever shows proof of your current refugee status. Good luck.
Thank you

09/30/19 - Biometrics done (walk-in) - the lady was not happy with the walk in, she wanted to send me back. There was nobody, but she just didn't want to do it :(.
10/03/19 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were done

Today 11/11/19 is day 66 since the case was received. I have no evidence, but seems I will get it sometime in Feb....but i'm happy to be surprised and get it tomorrow. :).

09/30/19 - Biometrics done (walk-in) - the lady was not happy with the walk in, she wanted to send me back. There was nobody, but she just didn't want to do it :(.
10/03/19 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were done

Today 11/11/19 is day 66 since the case was received. I have no evidence, but seems I will get it sometime in Feb....but i'm happy to be surprised and get it tomorrow. :).
Why did you apply for RTD? What do you need it for?
You're saying that you'll get your US passport in Feb and the travel document will also be issued in Feb. Will you still need RTD even though you have an American passport?

Why did you apply for RTD? What do you need it for?
You're saying that you'll get your US passport in Feb and the travel document will also be issued in Feb. Will you still need RTD even though you have an American passport?
I need the RTD to travel around the world.

I'm eligible to apply for naturalization in Feb next year...but it can take up to 12.5 months to finish the process of naturalization. So, I have I no idea when I will have a US passport. Until I have it, I will keep using the RTD.

I need the RTD to travel around the world.

I'm eligible to apply for naturalization in Feb next year...but it can take up to 12.5 months to finish the process of naturalization. So, I have I no idea when I will have a US passport. Until I have it, I will keep using the RTD.

Did you receive your RTD yet? Would love to hear the difference between the old and the new edition.

Today is day 94 since they got the application. Last update I have is from October 03: fingerprints taken. The processing time tracker says it takes 120 - 180 days to get it...so expecting it early Jan or early March. I will take pictures and share. Thank you.

That is not normal. You get acknoledgement typically within two weeks, 3 weeks max. How did you send the application to them? Did you have a tracking number for the package? How did you pay, check or money order? All these items should give an indication of when they got your application.

Nothing to see here. It's day 106 since they got my RTD application.

Last edited:
That is not normal. You get acknoledgement typically within two weeks, 3 weeks max. How did you send the application to them? Did you have a tracking number for the package? How did you pay, check or money order? All these items should give an indication of when they got your application.
I sent it via regular mail, its the first RTD based on asylum approval so no check was sent along with it. One more question according to USCIS instructions 2 photos are only required when you apply from outside the US, so i didn't include 2 passport photos in my application.

I sent it via regular mail, its the first RTD based on asylum approval so no check was sent along with it. One more question according to USCIS instructions 2 photos are only required when you apply from outside the US, so i didn't include 2 passport photos in my application.
Since it is the free one, please wait a few more weeks. Here is what you can do:

1. I would say give them an additional 2 to 3 weeks MAX. - thanksgiving holiday might have delayed the processing of your application....but the notice of receipt is automatic, you should have received it already. These additional 2-3 weeks is enough time for them to send the biometrics appointment letter.

2. Meanwhile, prepare a new application. When these next 2-3 weeks pass, AND you have not recieved the biometricx letter, submit this new application. Do not send it via regular mail - send with USPS, costs no more than $14. USCIS will get it in two days, and you should recieve the notice of action letter no more than 7 days later...look at my case history above to estimate timelines.

Since it is the free one, please wait a few more weeks. Here is what you can do:

1. I would say give them an additional 2 to 3 weeks MAX. - thanksgiving holiday might have delayed the processing of your application....but the notice of receipt is automatic, you should have received it already. These additional 2-3 weeks is enough time for them to send the biometrics appointment letter.

2. Meanwhile, prepare a new application. When these next 2-3 weeks pass, AND you have not recieved the biometricx letter, submit this new application. Do not send it via regular mail - send with USPS, costs no more than $14. USCIS will get it in two days, and you should recieve the notice of action letter no more than 7 days later...look at my case history above to estimate timelines.
Thanks a lot for your recommendation - that's what i'm going to do - any idea about the two passport photos ? and is sending a new application could hurt the first application if it's in process