RTD Tracker

Thanks a lot for your recommendation - that's what i'm going to do - any idea about the two passport photos ? and is sending a new application could hurt the first application if it's in process
1. Passport photos are not required if you apply whilst here in the US. They will take pictures of you at the Biometrics appointment. So, do not stress over the pictures.
2. Your new application, if it is not required because they are already processing the first one, great! They will just reject the second application since you will have applied without the application fee. Petition rejections are okay, they do not hurt anything else. In your new application, you can include a note that I'm submitting this new petition, because the first that I sent on DD/MM/YYYY seems to have not been recieved by USCIS. "I submitted my application on DD/MM/YYYY, and up to now, I have not recieved the NOA, nor the biometrics appointment letter," you would write in your letter and send it together with the new application. - But this is not necessary. The people who process applications are not interested in these explanations.

When your application packet is received - The first stage reviewers are like drones/a software program? They only check that the application is signed, that the application is complete, that the application fee, if required, is there, that all required supporting documents are there. That is all they check. If you submit the letter, they won't read it. The application might be rejected at this stage because of the fee-
a) If they deem the application the First one, they will accept you not paying....
b) if they deem the application the Second one, they will reject it, because you will have not paid the fee.

Either way, it is win win for you...you get to find out if they are processing your first application or not.

Good luck!

So: At NSC, the processing times for RTDs have fallen to 3.5-5.5 months, from 4-6 months in November. At 115 days or 3.78 months, my application is now within the new processing time range. Hope they hand it over soon.

So: At NSC, the processing times for RTDs have fallen to 3.5-5.5 months, from 4-6 months in November. At 115 days or 3.78 months, my application is now within the new processing time range. Hope they hand it over soon.
It’s taking you a ridiculous amount of time to get an RTD

It's not just the ridiculous amount of time, the document itself is useless and makes travel incredibly tricky to plan as most countries will require a 6 month validity post-departure.

New year, no change - the wait continues. I'm not really sure when or where I will travel when I get the RTD. The holidays are over...so no traveling. + with my N400 application coming up soon, not sure I want to be out of the country. I suppose, it's one of those things....you wait for it until you get confused as to the purpose of the item you are waiting for. Esp. if the RTD is still only valid for 12 months....what am I going to do with it when it comes? :)

New year, no change - the wait continues. I'm not really sure when or where I will travel when I get the RTD. The holidays are over...so no traveling. + with my N400 application coming up soon, not sure I want to be out of the country. I suppose, it's one of those things....you wait for it until you get confused as to the purpose of the item you are waiting for. Esp. if the RTD is still only valid for 12 months....what am I going to do with it when it comes? :)
I would nail it to a tree and burn it at a celebratory citizenship ceremony to symbolize the end of an era.

1. Passport photos are not required if you apply whilst here in the US. They will take pictures of you at the Biometrics appointment. So, do not stress over the pictures.
2. Your new application, if it is not required because they are already processing the first one, great! They will just reject the second application since you will have applied without the application fee. Petition rejections are okay, they do not hurt anything else. In your new application, you can include a note that I'm submitting this new petition, because the first that I sent on DD/MM/YYYY seems to have not been recieved by USCIS. "I submitted my application on DD/MM/YYYY, and up to now, I have not recieved the NOA, nor the biometrics appointment letter," you would write in your letter and send it together with the new application. - But this is not necessary. The people who process applications are not interested in these explanations.

When your application packet is received - The first stage reviewers are like drones/a software program? They only check that the application is signed, that the application is complete, that the application fee, if required, is there, that all required supporting documents are there. That is all they check. If you submit the letter, they won't read it. The application might be rejected at this stage because of the fee-
a) If they deem the application the First one, they will accept you not paying....
b) if they deem the application the Second one, they will reject it, because you will have not paid the fee.

Either way, it is win win for you...you get to find out if they are processing your first application or not.

Good luck!
Can you please share with me USCIS web link saying we are not required to pay the fees for the first travel document - the reason i received today a rejection notice for my wife' s first RTD application due to incorrect fees since we didn't sen any amount along with the first application - i haven't received the receipt notice number for my RTD yet.

Could you guys advise ?

I'm not sure where this is coming from, but you HAVE to pay for an RTD after you win asylum. It's not free. I think you might have misunderstood what 7of9 was saying. If you didn't send any fees with your application for an RTD they would have denied it for that reason. And you have to send fees per each application. So if both you and your wife applied together, you had to send double the amount.

I'm not sure where this is coming from, but you HAVE to pay for an RTD after you win asylum. It's not free. I think you might have misunderstood what 7of9 was saying. If you didn't send any fees with your application for an RTD they would have denied it for that reason. And you have to send fees per each application. So if both you and your wife applied together, you had to send double the amount.
I think i got confused some how mixing the free one you can get with you file it along with your I-485, do i have to send one check for both or tow separate checks?

OK. I can't gather enough information from your posts. #1. How many applications have you sent? #2. Did you send any fees for 0/1/2 applications? #3. Seems like you got a rejection for your wife's application. Have you received any mail about your application? Notice of action, or denial?

OK. I can't gather enough information from your posts. #1. How many applications have you sent? #2. Did you send any fees for 0/1/2 applications? #3. Seems like you got a rejection for your wife's application. Have you received any mail about your application? Notice of action, or denial?
I sent two applications ( My wife and I ), I only got rejection for my wife's application, I Called USCIS this afternoon to check they have had any recepit number for i-131 application under my A number and they found nothing while they found the rejected receipt number under my wife's A number.

I didn't send any checks with either application.

I sent two applications ( My wife and I ), I only got rejection for my wife's application, I Called USCIS this afternoon to check they have had any recepit number for i-131 application under my A number and they found nothing while they found the rejected receipt number under my wife's A number.

I didn't send any checks with either application.
OK. Send 2 new applications with a cover sheet explaining what just happened (just in case they find the old application and wonder what's going on). You can send either 2 checks for $220 each, or 1 check for 440, it doesn't matter. In your list of contents, just specify what the check covers. Here's the USCIS's fee calculator. This walks you through several steps of "what if's" to make sure you're paying the right amount. https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator

09/04/19 - RTD Application delivered at Dallas
09/06/19 - Received Date (RD) - Being processed at LIN (Nebraska Service Center).
09/27/19 - Biometrics letter received
10/11/19 - Biometrics appointment date
09/30/19 - Biometrics done (walk-in)
01/06/20 - Case Approved - after 122 days.

Can't go anywhere for the next three months, so nothing to celebrate here. But hope this RTD journey as documented here can be added to data points regarding the time it takes to get an RTD in 2019/2020. Hope you find this thread useful. Now, i'm readying for my next wait: N400 application - yep, feels like my life is all about waiting for USCIS to take action on my cases :(.

09/06/19 - Received Date (RD) - Being processed at LIN (Nebraska Service Center).

Can't go anywhere for the next three months, so nothing to celebrate here. But hope this RTD journey as documented here can be added to data points regarding the time it takes to get an RTD in 2019/2020. Hope you find this thread useful. Now, i'm readying for my next wait: N400 application - yep, feels like my life is all about waiting for USCIS to take action on my cases :(.
How long does it takes to get the RTD on hand after get approved? Thanks

01/06/20 - Document Produced status
01/08/20 - Approval Notice in hand

Per the approval notice, the RTD is valid for 12 months. I will update this thread once the actual RTD arrives in the next few days.