• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Do you know the chances for early filling to be rejected? I’ve seen plenty of people on the spreadsheet who go reject for early filling

I checked most of 2020 timelines and looked at some timelines in 2019. And didn't find people, who got rejected after early filing. Could you point me to the once, who got rejected?

But no one can promise you, that you are not going to get rejected if you are doing an early filing. So it is your call.

My case is going to be current in January and I already have most of docs and I also didn't decide yet if I want to do an early filing.

quick questions for mom/anyone
1. I saw that you mentioned that certain FOs approve without an interview- in my case my wife needs to do a FTJ. So if they approve mine without an interview how would i let them know that my wife needs to do FTJ.
2. Do biometric letters been sent out from the USCIS of your case jurisdiction?- curious cos mine is late compared to others!

Last edited:
quick questions for mom/anyone
1. I saw that you mentioned that certain FOs approve without an interview- in my case my wife needs to do a FTJ. So if they approve mine without an interview how would i let them know that my wife needs to do FTJ.
2. Do biometric letters been sent out from the USCIS of your case jurisdiction?- curious cos mine is late compared to others!

1. You’ll have to file an I824 in that case. You can also try to get an infopass (after your approval) with your FO to inform them of the FTJ plan.

2. The NBC sends the bio notification. The notice is probably stuck somewhere in USPS system, should be showing up shortly, fingers crossed.

1. You’ll have to file an I824 in that case. You can also try to get an infopass (after your approval) with your FO to inform them of the FTJ plan.

2. The NBC sends the bio notification. The notice is probably stuck somewhere in USPS system, should be showing up shortly, fingers crossed.
thanks- Appreciate your reply!

1. If you already got a copy of the receipt by email, you most likely wouldn’t receive a mailed version.
2. You can consider that your 2NL. The 2NL is an acknowledgement of KCC’s awareness of your intention to process AOS, it comes with DV fee payment instructions attachment. In this case, you receipt the DV payment receipt attachment.
3. KCC isn’t going to give you any update on your DS260 form or your husband’s FTJ process - they do not process the DS260 for AOS like they do for CP.

Thank you so much, Mom! I want to update my situation and also some follow up questions if you do not mind:

I did not get a paper DV payment receipt as you predicted. I did get my 2NL from KCCDV@state.gov yesterday. In the email, it had two pdf attachments, one was the diversity visa adjustment letter and the other one was the instruction for the payment. I assume I could ignore the instruction since I have paid the fee and gotten the receipt. However, I was a bit confused, as the instruction stated:
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has requested that your Diversity Visa case file be forwarded to the local Immigration Office for further processing. Your case file cannot process further until the Diversity Visa Adjustment of Status fee is paid. On July 13, 2010, the Adjustment of Status fee increased from $375 to $440 per person. Instructions for paying this fee have been included below.

I was confused because it said "the Adjustment of Status fee" instead of "Diversity Visa fee", and the amount was $440 but not $330. Is this some sort of internal mistake that I should just ignore?

My husband, who will do FTJ, has not gotten any email from the KCC as expected. I saw a previous folk (KK2019) successfully completed her daughter's FTJ in DV2019. She sent her daughter's civil documents to KCC about two months after she submitted her own AOS application. However, I was unsure if she or her daughter ever got an email from KCC requesting those documents. We were wondering when would be a good time for my husband to send his civil documents to KCC for review if he never gets an email from KCC requesting those documents.

Thank you again in advance!

Attachments

• Adjustment of Status Mail Form.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 30
Thank you so much, Mom! I want to update my situation and also some follow up questions if you do not mind:

I did not get a paper DV payment receipt as you predicted. I did get my 2NL from KCCDV@state.gov yesterday. In the email, it had two pdf attachments, one was the diversity visa adjustment letter and the other one was the instruction for the payment. I assume I could ignore the instruction since I have paid the fee and gotten the receipt. However, I was a bit confused, as the instruction stated:

I was confused because it said "the Adjustment of Status fee" instead of "Diversity Visa fee", and the amount was $440 but not $330. Is this some sort of internal mistake that I should just ignore?

My husband, who will do FTJ, has not gotten any email from the KCC as expected. I saw a previous folk (KK2019) successfully completed her daughter's FTJ in DV2019. She sent her daughter's civil documents to KCC about two months after she submitted her own AOS application. However, I was unsure if she or her daughter ever got an email from KCC requesting those documents. We were wondering when would be a good time for my husband to send his civil documents to KCC for review if he never gets an email from KCC requesting those documents.

Thank you again in advance!

1. Ignore the payment instructions since:
a. You already made the DV administrative fee payment and you have the payment receipt.
b. The attachment sent to you is outdated (the KCC personnel that sent the 2NL used the wrong file, the $440 AOS fee referenced in the attachment is now $1,225)
c. USCIS will not request for your DV/KCC case file when you haven’t sent in AOS package to start with.

2. Your call on when to send in your husband’s civil documents - use your discretion.

Dear @Sm1smom,
In the spreadsheet it is mentioned that we can just walk-in even before the scheduled date of the biometric.
I guess due to the pandemic situation this would not be an option. Right?

Questions 12 and 13 are not applicable to DV based AOS applications, it clearly says “if any” - clue to show it is not applicable to all applications. Do not provide your pending family sponsored petition information there, if you do, it will create issues for your DV based AOS application.

Hello Mom,

1. Does this mean "if your a family member petitioned for a DV selectee, he/she should not mention it in their i-485"?
2. Am I correct in saying that this question asks if the applicant him/her self has filed an application?
3. What if a family member applied for a DV selectee and they received a notice letter that their filed application is received but there is no such number as USCIS account number. Should the DV selectee Just ignore it and answer the question (11 of form i-485) USCIS online account number (if any) as NONE?

Thank you

Hello Mom,

1. Does this mean "if your a family member petitioned for a DV selectee, he/she should not mention it in their i-485"?
2. Am I correct in saying that this question asks if the applicant him/her self has filed an application?
3. What if a family member applied for a DV selectee and they received a notice letter that their filed application is received but there is no such number as USCIS account number. Should the DV selectee Just ignore it and answer the question (11 of form i-485) USCIS online account number (if any) as NONE?

Thank you

1. Again, questions 12 and 13 are not applicable to DV based AOS applications, there’s no underlying petition associated with a DV based application. Your family member cannot “petition you” for DV. Your family member can petition you for a family based AOS, your employer can petition you for an employment based AOS. DV has no underlying petition associated with it.
2. No, that is not what the question is asking. It is asking if you, as the principal applicant, have an underlying petition filed by your family member or employer which your AOS application is based on.
3. Maybe we’re looking at different versions of the I485? Question 11 on the form I’m looking at has nothing to do with the USCIS account number, so I don’t know what your question is about. In general, if a question is not applicable to you, simple answer N/A or NONE in response.

"if your a family member petitioned for a DV selectee, he/she should not mention it in their i-485"?

An i485 has one basis for adjusting. You can adjust on the basis of a family petition, or you can adjust on the basis of DV (or employment, etc) but you can’t mix the two on the same form. An existing family petition is irrelevant if it is not the basis you are adjusting on.

@misterpaul - you also don't have your bio scheduled date listed on the timeline spreadsheet. Again, you help each other by updating your timeline as you receive new updates with regards to your cases.

Waiting until after the fact or until after completing the process before updating the timeline spreadsheet isn't helpful to your fellow selectees from the same FY.

@misterpaul - you also don't have your bio scheduled date listed on the timeline spreadsheet. Again, you help each other by updating your timeline as you receive new updates with regards to your cases.

Waiting until after the fact or until after completing the process before updating the timeline spreadsheet isn't helpful to your fellow selectees from the same FY.

Updated the spreadsheet

Hi Mom,

I have a question on i944 form. In question 11 they ask to provide credit report. I have neither ssn nor any bank accounts in the US. Im the main applicant and only my spouse has everything they want. How can I confirm that I have not a credit score? Would personal sworn statement suffice?

Thanks a lot