• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

The subject is : U.S. DoS - CEAC Confirmation (2021ASxxxxx)

And in the email it said
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for being a valued U.S. Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) customer. Your online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Form(DS-260) has been submitted.

I think that email is the computer-generated response to your DS-260 submission.

Same as Xarthisius's reply, the 2NL email I received in Jun 2020 was with subject: "[My DV Case#] Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter", and the body was like:

"[My name]
[My DV Case #]

Attached are the Adjustment Letter and Adjustment of Status Mail Form.

Indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the United States and indicate that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office.

...."

The email has two attachments, both pdf files. One of them is the 2NL, and the other one is the DV Fee Paid Receipt Form.

I think that email is the computer-generated response to your DS-260 submission.

Same as Xarthisius's reply, the 2NL email I received in Jun 2020 was with subject: "[My DV Case#] Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter", and the body was like:

"[My name]
[My DV Case #]

Attached are the Adjustment Letter and Adjustment of Status Mail Form.

Indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the United States and indicate that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office.

...."

The email has two attachments, both pdf files. One of them is the 2NL, and the other one is the DV Fee Paid Receipt Form.

The email that i got it has only 1 attached file.
I didn't have the DV fee paid receipt from.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201106-123348.png
    Screenshot_20201106-123348.png
    489.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20201106-123237.png
    Screenshot_20201106-123237.png
    393.7 KB · Views: 36
Hi, my parent submitted immigration application I-130 for me last year, it is pending, I have the receipt notice I-797, I will send this notice with my I-485 application

How should I answer these questions
"12. Receipt number of Underlying Petition (if any)?"
AND
"13. Priority Date from Underlying Petition?"
(I-485 application page 4 Item 12 and 13)

Questions 12 and 13 are not applicable to DV based AOS applications, it clearly says “if any” - clue to show it is not applicable to all applications. Do not provide your pending family sponsored petition information there, if you do, it will create issues for your DV based AOS application.

Hello @Sm1smom ,

I have a doubt on question 20, part 3 of the I-944.
I have never received and never applied for any public benefit, so what would be my answer to this question? Is it none of the above apply to me or I just do not have to answer because doesn't apply to me?

Thank you.

Questions 12 and 13 are not applicable to DV based AOS applications, it clearly says “if any” - clue to show it is not applicable to all applications. Do not provide your pending family sponsored petition information there, if you do, it will create issues for your DV based AOS application.
But, Do I need to send a copy of my I-797 notice ?
If yes, Is there anywhere in I-485 I need to mention it?

But, Do I need to send a copy of my I-797 notice ?
If yes, Is there anywhere in I-485 I need to mention it?

Please re-read my previous response re mentioning the pending family petition. Plus you don’t have an I-797 notice regarding that petition. Your father, who is your sponsor “has” (owns) the I-797 notice. What you have is a copy of what is addressed to your sponsor, or is the I-797 addressed to you? There’s no section on the I-485 asking if anyone has filed ever a petition for you.

I want to share my experience with the DV fee receipt. I also have a somehow related question.

I basically followed the instructions from the official webpage about the DV fee payment. I sent a form including the information (see below), a $330 cashier's check, and a self-addressed envelope. Both the outgoing and returning envelopes were USPS Priority mails so that I would have tracking numbers for both envelopes.

In addition to the information requested by the DoS, I also included my email address. I did so because I have seen a couple of folks reported here that they received the receipt via email. It turned out that I also received the receipt via email 8 days after my envelope was delivered. The email title was "2021AS0000XXXX DV fee paid receipt" sent from KCCDV@state.gov. The receipt was simply a scanned copy of the form that I sent, where they stamped a date (I assumed it was the date that they cashed the check). I have not received the physical receipt in the mail yet, and I am not sure if I will be receiving it either.

In the email body, they wrote:
The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to the Kentucky Consular Center that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office.

I am curious whether this email is considered as my 2NL. I am asking this question because my husband, who is currently overseas and will do FTJ, and I both submitted our DS-260 at the end of September, but we have not heard back regarding our DS-260. My case number (AS5XXX) probably will not be current until Feb/Mar, so I still have plenty of time to wait for it anyway. However, I was just wondering if I should write an email to KCC inquiring about my case, particularly for my husband's FTJ process. I want to be as proactive as possible. Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you in advance.

I want to share my experience with the DV fee receipt. I also have a somehow related question.

I basically followed the instructions from the official webpage about the DV fee payment. I sent a form including the information (see below), a $330 cashier's check, and a self-addressed envelope. Both the outgoing and returning envelopes were USPS Priority mails so that I would have tracking numbers for both envelopes.

In addition to the information requested by the DoS, I also included my email address. I did so because I have seen a couple of folks reported here that they received the receipt via email. It turned out that I also received the receipt via email 8 days after my envelope was delivered. The email title was "2021AS0000XXXX DV fee paid receipt" sent from KCCDV@state.gov. The receipt was simply a scanned copy of the form that I sent, where they stamped a date (I assumed it was the date that they cashed the check). I have not received the physical receipt in the mail yet, and I am not sure if I will be receiving it either.

In the email body, they wrote:

I am curious whether this email is considered as my 2NL. I am asking this question because my husband, who is currently overseas and will do FTJ, and I both submitted our DS-260 at the end of September, but we have not heard back regarding our DS-260. My case number (AS5XXX) probably will not be current until Feb/Mar, so I still have plenty of time to wait for it anyway. However, I was just wondering if I should write an email to KCC inquiring about my case, particularly for my husband's FTJ process. I want to be as proactive as possible. Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you in advance.

1. If you already got a copy of the receipt by email, you most likely wouldn’t receive a mailed version.
2. You can consider that your 2NL. The 2NL is an acknowledgement of KCC’s awareness of your intention to process AOS, it comes with DV fee payment instructions attachment. In this case, you receipt the DV payment receipt attachment.
3. KCC isn’t going to give you any update on your DS260 form or your husband’s FTJ process - they do not process the DS260 for AOS like they do for CP.

Hi Thank you for all the contributors in this forum. This really helpful.
I have a high case number from Asia 2021AS27XXX. There's very slight chance to get the interview.
Therefore can I apply to DV 2022 ?
Will it effect if our case number become current?

Hi Thank you for all the contributors in this forum. This really helpful.
I have a high case number from Asia 2021AS27XXX. There's very slight chance to get the interview.
Therefore can I apply to DV 2022 ?
Will it effect if our case number become current?

Yes, you can still apply for DV2022, not a problem.

Hello @Sm1smom ,

I have never received and never applied for any public benefit, so what would be my answer to this question? Is it none of the above apply to me or I just do not have to answer because doesn't apply to me?

Thank you.

Anyone?

Hello @Sm1smom ,

Thank you.

If you've never applied nor received any of the listed benefits, then you select the last option provided "None of the above apply to me"

Hi mom
i recieved my reciept for i485 , i765, i131 ....the year for my date of birth appears incorrect just for reciept i485.. what can i do now?

Hi mom
i recieved my reciept for i485 , i765, i131 ....the year for my date of birth appears incorrect just for reciept i485.. what can i do now?

Do you have a copy of your submitted I-485? Start by checking it to confirm if the error originated from you or not.

unfortunately it was originated from me ..i dunno how i missed that !....

You need to call the USCIS 1800 number, point out the error came from you and request they update that information. Then follow up when you (eventually) go for the bio appointment to confirm the DOB has been updated.

You need to call the USCIS 1800 number, point out the error came from you and request they update that information. Then follow up when you (eventually) go for the bio appointment to confirm the DOB has been updated.
Thank you -Yes i did call them - the agent submitted a request to get it changed and also gave me a confirmation number to check back later...