• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Poster said i589, which is asylum, but it’s a little confusing as she said husband only will file, not clear what will happen to her status in the interim.

@leno4kakitten you cannot file AOS for DV if you are not in status. I can’t comment more on your case as I can’t figure out from your post exactly what you are planning to do to stay in status.

You're right, thanks for catching that. Op's case is indeed confusing, I missed the I-589 part of the post, I assumed she was posting about extension of stay since she mentioned about status expiring in November and the husband filing in November also or something along that line?? Anyway, Op's post is confusing.

Public charge consideration is still going to be taken into consideration when adjudicating AOS cases. The expanded definition of what constitutes a public charge and how it is being applied is what has been the bone of contention. So public charge ruling on it's own is not suspended. Anyway, now we wait and see how USCIS interprets/reacts to the new court injunction.

Hey mom can you explain more? because when I looked it up it says that we don't have to file for i944 anymore

Did you include a SAE with your payment?

One way to find out is to check from your end if your payment as been cashed or not. You can also follow up on this by contacting the KCC.
I have included all the information listed with the letter. I have no Idea what an SAE is unfortunately and since I have used a money order I do not know if I can track that information. I've sent out an email to the KCC but they have not replied in 2 weeks and have not been able to answer my calls for a week.

I have included all the information listed with the letter. I have no Idea what an SAE is unfortunately and since I have used a money order I do not know if I can track that information. I've sent out an email to the KCC but they have not replied in 2 weeks and have not been able to answer my calls for a week.

SAE = Self Addressed-Stamped Envelope.

Use this tool if you purchased your money order from USPS.
You can also use this tool to track the money order status.

Hi Mom,

Thank you and other moderators very very much for your great service! My wife won DV lottery 2021, she is J2 I am J1 visa, CN 2021AS****15**.

A short question, I saw many people put ASC and Field Office on Timeline link in Google sheet. I was wondering where they get that information. Do they receive some letter from USCIS or they just search https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/asc and put it based on their home address ZIP code?

Thank you very much for your great service!

p.s. We are still waiting for the text/email from USCIS and they have not taken money for our application.

Hi Mom,

Thank you and other moderators very very much for your great service! My wife won DV lottery 2021, she is J2 I am J1 visa, CN 2021AS****15**.

A short question, I saw many people put ASC and Field Office on Timeline link in Google sheet. I was wondering where they get that information. Do they receive some letter from USCIS or they just search https://egov.uscis.gov/office-locator/#/asc and put it based on their home address ZIP code?

Thank you very much for your great service!

p.s. We are still waiting for the text/email from USCIS and they have not taken money for our application.

You can find out in advance of when you receive the bio notice (for the ASC) and IL (for the FO) via the link in your above post based on your home address.

Hi, my parent submitted immigration application I-130 for me last year, it is pending, I have the receipt notice I-797, I will send this notice with my I-485 application

How should I answer these questions
"12. Receipt number of Underlying Petition (if any)?"
AND
"13. Priority Date from Underlying Petition?"
(I-485 application page 4 Item 12 and 13)

Hi, my parent submitted immigration application I-130 for me last year, it is pending, I have the receipt notice I-797, I will send this notice with my I-485 application

AND

Your query does not seem to belong in this thread (diversity visa) - On what basis is the i130 filed? (Is your parent USC or LPR? Are you over or under 21?) I assume a mod will move the post.

Anyway - the receipt number and priority date should both be clearly stated on the i797 receipt notice.

Your query does not seem to belong in this thread (diversity visa) - On what basis is the i130 filed? (Is your parent USC or LPR? Are you over or under 21?) I assume a mod will move the post.

Anyway - the receipt number and priority date should both be clearly stated on the i797 receipt notice.

I filing 485 based on DV2021 winning result, I am over 21, my father is LPR, he filed I-130 based on the fact that I am a not maried child.

I filing 485 based on DV2021 winning result, I am over 21, my father is LPR, he filed I-130 based on the fact that I am a not maried child.

But your petition is not DV as you are over 21, your category is F2B, unmarried child over 21 of LPR. What is your current status in the US?

But your petition is not DV as you are over 21, your category is F2B, unmarried child over 21 of LPR. What is your current status in the US?
Currently, I am F1 student
1)My parent submitted I-130 based on F2B category, in 2019, it is still pending.
2)I win the DV lottery 2021.
3)Now I am submitting I-485 based on DV lottery
My question related to step 3.

Currently, I am F1 student
1)My parent submitted I-130 based on F2B category, in 2019, it is still pending.
2)I win the DV lottery 2021.
3)Now I am submitting I-485 based on DV lottery
My question related to step 3.

So your parent’s petition is irrelevant? Why bother mentioning it in your earlier post (below) making it sound like you are basing the i485 on it?

AND

What is your DV case number? Have you read the AoS spreadsheet ?

Hello,
I have a question about "Receive the email from KCC confirming your intention to do AOS (2nd NL)" what it look like?

I was file the DS-260 in June and yes I got the email from KCC in your spreadsheet said it could took 2 weeks to 2 months.
Just want to make sure the email that I get is the 2nd NL.

Thank you

Hello,
I have a question about "Receive the email from KCC confirming your intention to do AOS (2nd NL)" what it look like?

I was file the DS-260 in June and yes I got the email from KCC in your spreadsheet said it could took 2 weeks to 2 months.
Just want to make sure the email that I get is the 2nd NL.

Thank you
Back in a day, it was an email with subject "<yourDVcaseNumber> Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" and a PDF attached. PDF started with:
Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Of course the format might have changed, but the gist is it's KCC's acknowledgement that you're processing with USCIS. If you received any correspondence from KCC saying that, it's your 2NL letter.

Back in a day, it was an email with subject "<yourDVcaseNumber> Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter" and a PDF attached. PDF started with:

Of course the format might have changed, but the gist is it's KCC's acknowledgement that you're processing with USCIS. If you received any correspondence from KCC saying that, it's your 2NL letter.

The subject is : U.S. DoS - CEAC Confirmation (2021ASxxxxx)

And in the email it said
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for being a valued U.S. Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) customer. Your online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Form(DS-260) has been submitted.