• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

In my opinion, if you cannot actually identify a way in which the attorney will be beneficial /needed for your case, why bother bringing him? He has already given you bad information about what you need to bring, which makes me think he might complicate things. He clearly is not familiar with DV based interviews. (Surely the service paid for by your company is for employment based AOS?) If best case is he says and does nothing... what’s the point?
Yeah, I can't identify a point that he will be beneficial.
Yes, it is employment based AOS.

Thank you for the quick reply.

No, My case is straight, I was never out of status. F1 -> OPT -> H1-B -> H1-B Extended -> and he is working on the PERM.

He said, he wouldn't be charging me, but this is the service already included in the PERM case package he is charging my company who is sponsoring me. He said.

If bringing along attorney wouldn't intimidate the IO, I will think about it.

I will have my wife and me for the interview, and I hope the room is big enough for him also.

In my opinion, if you cannot actually identify a way in which the attorney will be beneficial /needed for your case, why bother bringing him? He has already given you bad information about what you need to bring, which makes me think he might complicate things. He clearly is not familiar with DV based interviews. (Surely the service paid for by your company is for employment based AOS?) If best case is he says and does nothing... what’s the point?

Yep to what Susie said above ^^^. Your lawyer is not adding any value as far as I can see. Even if he’s not charging you, he will be charging your employer. You’re going for a DV based AOS interview, nothing to do with the PERM filing. I doubt your employer has paid up upfront for the PERM case package. He knows the PERM case will die off automatically once you get your DV based GC - that’s my take on the insistence to attend this interview with you.

well- he might not be a new citizen - I know people who've been here since the 80s and 90s who still sound like they just stepped off the boat! But yes, I agree it’s nice to see clearly naturalized citizens working in all sorts of places, but especially citizen-only jobs.

I didn't mean it in any disparaging way. Sorry if it sounded that way. The officer was very young! Younger than me, late 20s or early 30s that's why I thought he might be a naturalized citizen. Because people in this age range if born here then doesn't have accent but he had.

I didn't mean it in any disparaging way. Sorry if it sounded that way. The officer was very young! Younger than me, late 20s or early 30s that's why I thought he might be a naturalized citizen. Because people in this age range if born here then doesn't have accent but he had.
Nothing disparaging inferred! Was just pointing out old accents die hard ;) my father naturalized in 1995 and sounds like he just arrived (obviously he is a little older than the guy you saw)

My family and I also did our bio today at Revere ASC in MA. It was very straightforward. We arrived 15 min before and spent no more then 20 min there. I also felt like a half of their employees are immigrants, which is good.
My wife and I got code 3 bios and my 2 kids got code 2. Interestingly, my wife and kids did bios for H4 extension just two weeks ago and all 3 of them got code 3.
Now waiting for the IL letters and hope for the best.
p.s. I checked the status just now and it did not change yet.

Good evening, everyone,

Today we had our biometrics done. My spouse and I had code 3, so 10 fingerprints, photo and signature were captured for both of us. Kids had code 2 - index finger print, photo and signature were captured.

We came as instructed (not earlier than 15 min), we were scheduled at 1pm at Elizabeth. There were about 10 people before us but everything went smoothly, it took us around 50 min (out of which 25-30 was waiting time I think) to complete the procedure and we went out at 13:35. The whole process is quite similar to what already described above.The staff is friendly, giving us clear instructions.
So, we look forward for the next step.

My family and I also did our bio today at Revere ASC in MA. It was very straightforward. We arrived 15 min before and spent no more then 20 min there. I also felt like a half of their employees are immigrants, which is good.
My wife and I got code 3 bios and my 2 kids got code 2. Interestingly, my wife and kids did bios for H4 extension just two weeks ago and all 3 of them got code 3.
Now waiting for the IL letters and hope for the best.
p.s. I checked the status just now and it did not change yet.
Just a minute ago got a message that my case was updated to Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken. Only the primary applicant‘s case was updated so far.

Online update or message displayed is not always consistent, so don’t dwell on what you see or don’t see displayed. Have you had your interview or received the IL? If the answer is no, that is what you should be following up on.
Thank you Mom, no IL yet, I will be following up on daily.

what status you do AOS from?

I don't think I understand your question clearly? If you are asking about my immigration status then I am F1 status.
It is the same update you received early July.

My case status after AOS filing was "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" since May 14th.
Today I did my biometrics and now the case status updated to "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken".

Hope this clarifies.

Hi! Is anybody here from NY waiting for the interview letter?!

Hi !
My FO is Manhattan, NY. and after a long time waiting, I have received the interview letter today!!
My interview date will be on Aug.20. So excited!!
I just updated my timeline in google sheet, I submitted I-485 in Feb. ( the month that my case no. was current)

I believe you will get it soon, wish you all lucks!

Hi !
My FO is Manhattan, NY. and after a long time waiting, I have received the interview letter today!!
My interview date will be on Aug.20. So excited!!
I just updated my timeline in google sheet, I submitted I-485 in Feb. ( the month that my case no. was current)

I believe you will get it soon, wish you all lucks!
That’s amazing. Good luck on your interview!

Just a minute ago got a message that my case was updated to Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken. Only the primary applicant‘s case was updated so far.
Later yesterday I’ve got another message that fingerprints were recorded for my wife. So now 2 adults’ statuses are updated and 2 kids’ statuses are not. I wonder if they update the statuses for kids? I understand that they are not required to do background checks on kids younger then 14.

Hey I just wanted to share an update on my case to anyone that even cares. I submitted back in November 2019 and waited forever for the interview that was then canceled due to Covid in the end of March. After that I submitted an eRequest in mid June and got a generic response to wait for some kind of response in 90 days. Today I decided to contact 2nd Tier rep and got hit hard with disappointment again. My rep wasn’t very helpful and was quite impolite. She basically told me that I’m waisting their time by calling them because there’s nothing she can help me with, started raising her voice at me that every case is different (which I totally agree with) after I mentioned that I’m just worried to be processed before the end of fiscal year and it seems that my FO is taking longer than most of other cities. She just told me to sit and wait for my interview to be rescheduled and then cut me off thanking me for her time with “have a good day” and hanged up. So yeah, kind of regret waisting have of my day yesterday and over 2.5 hours today of trying to get contacted with them.

At least I know better now that I should be sitting and waiting for my interview be rescheduled, like a good boi waits for his owners to come back home lol

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
Just share our case and really thanks for this great group, help us so much.

Our case is 2020As21xx
File 485(my husband and I) in October 2019 in Louisiana
Interview on 07/24/2020 ( No notice letter)
And now the system showed
New Card Is Being Produced”
In June 2020, we asked Congressman’s help but nothing he can do. Then in July, my husband called USCIS again to expedite the case. Around two weeks past,on 07/20/2020 both of us got an email from Uscis office in New Orleans, asked us that we can go to interview on 07/24/2020 or not. We’re surprised cause there’s no interview notice letter!
When we arrived at the office, every staff knew we came for interview. They were all very friendly.

After taking a picture and fingerprint, we started to interview. The questions he asked were all about i485, it’s easy and soon finished.

It’s so long but finally we got it.
Thanks again and hope everyone of 2020 AOS can get the results soon.

You just gave me hope.
Congratulations! Very happy for you guys.

Hey I just wanted to share an update on my case to anyone that even cares. I submitted back in November 2019 and waited forever for the interview that was then canceled due to Covid in the end of March. After that I submitted an eRequest in mid June and got a generic response to wait for some kind of response in 90 days. Today I decided to contact 2nd Tier rep and got hit hard with disappointment again. My rep wasn’t very helpful and was quite impolite. She basically told me that I’m waisting their time by calling them because there’s nothing she can help me with, started raising her voice at me that every case is different (which I totally agree with) after I mentioned that I’m just worried to be processed before the end of fiscal year and it seems that my FO is taking longer than most of other cities. She just told me to sit and wait for my interview to be rescheduled and then cut me off thanking me for her time with “have a good day” and hanged up. So yeah, kind of regret waisting have of my day yesterday and over 2.5 hours today of trying to get contacted with them.

At least I know better now that I should be sitting and waiting for my interview be rescheduled, like a good boi waits for his owners to come back home lol

I’m sorry to learn your case is yet to move forward and follow up attempts don’t seem to be working?

Which FO do you fall under? Any update on reaching out to your house of rep for case follow up assistance?

I’m sorry to learn your case is yet to move forward and follow up attempts don’t seem to be working?

Which FO do you fall under? Any update on reaching out to your house of rep for case follow up assistance?

Thank you @Sm1smom.
My FO is Columbus, Ohio. I was able to reach a case worker from congressional office in my district and she said she will send an inquiry to uscis, but it’s been over a week now and I haven’t heard anything from her as well. My congressman is republican so I hope they at least try to do something. I tried to follow up on Friday and she told me to expect an email from her early this week after she gets respond from them. She also mentioned that Columbus FO is known to be slow. I’m thinking of calling to follow up today at the end of the day If I don’t get an email from her beforehand.

Thank you @Sm1smom.
My FO is Columbus, Ohio. I was able to reach a case worker from congressional office in my district and she said she will send an inquiry to uscis, but it’s been over a week now and I haven’t heard anything from her as well. My congressman is republican so I hope they at least try to do something. I tried to follow up on Friday and she told me to expect an email from her early this week after she gets respond from them. She also mentioned that Columbus FO is known to be slow. I’m thinking of calling to follow up today at the end of the day If I don’t get an email from her beforehand.

Thanks for this update. I think part of the frustration you’re experiencing is that you’re expecting way more than the follow up opportunities AOSers have can deliver.

You said your “congressman is republican” and you “hope they at least try to do something”. I’m not sure what “something” else outside of contacting your FO on your behalf you think a Congress man/woman can do, they can’t exert pressure on the USCIS or influence case outcomes even if they are Democrats who are highly in support of legal immigration. All they can do is contact your FO (which you can’t do directly) and ask about your case. They’ll provide you with an update when they receive one like you said the congressional aid you’re dealing with already told you.

I’m not trying to scold or call you out, but basically saying don’t expect more than follow ups can deliver. I totally get how worrisome, upsetting and demoralizing this entire process can be, especially when you keep reading of the progress several people who filed months after you are making. It’s unfortunate your FO is super slow, but calm down, there’s still enough time for you to complete the process. And the good news is they will definitely not run out of visas even if they decide to wait until Sept 30th to approve your case.

If you don’t hear back from your FO through your congressional inquiry or receive a rescheduled interview notice by the end of Friday, initiate an Ombudsman Case Assistance follow up.

Best of luck!