• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Wow, I can't believe this is (almost) finally over. Had my interview today and got approved.

My wife and I were both scheduled for today but at different time slots two hours apart. Got a call from IO in the morning and she told us to come in together for the first one.
During the interview we were asked to provide our tax documents, paychecks, bank statement, employment letter, rent agreement. When IO asked if we had any other documents to support our marriage (we are married for 6 years) I offered to look through a wedding photos album. Had a few laughs doing that.
I was asked to file I-134 form for my wife (I’m employed, but she just started a new short-term job and hasn’t received a paycheck yet).
Then we went over the information in I-485: names, dates, locations, yes/no questions in the end.
All-in-all the atmosphere was relaxing. It felt more like a friendly conversation than an interrogation. IO was very supportive, and we had a good time discussing shelter-in-place lifestyle, movies and tv shows recommendations.

Thank you, Mom, for your guidance and everyone else for your support. Hope everyone will get a happy ending :)

Congratulations :)

Thanks so much! I do have the previous year`s transcript. Do I need to resubmit the taxes for 2019 in case they didn`t receive or lose it? Or will it create more confusion or work for them?

you can kind of backdoor check this via the “where’s my refund” page - if it comes up with “still processing”, then you know they have it! https://www.irs.gov/refunds
Definitely backlogs - they took around 4 months to process ours this year.

I made a bit more research and I found out that the I-797C serves as a payment receipt as well. this is stated here https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/form-i-797-types-and-functions.

Thanks @Sm1smom for the answer. I wanted to be sure that others are allowed to pay for one's AOS

I think the only restrictions uscis has on who can pay for petitions/filings relate to employment based visas ( the employer has to pay, the sponsored applicant is not allowed to).

Hi all,

I completed my interview today.
It was really nice and officer was really friendly!
We went through the form of I485 and I944 one by one.
Also, ask my original birth certificate, my name, birthday, country, job, and my parents info as well.
I also provided further documents for IRS transcript, latest paystubs, bank statement, and credit statements.
She said they’re aware of DV cases and knew we have timelines. If they want extra evidence she will call me directly. However, she thought my case was very straight forward. I can expect 2-3 week later to get green card.
When I went home, my USCIS status has changed to ‘New card is being produced ‘.
Hope everyone can get good news ASAP.
Thanks all host provide this forum and share their experience for us. Really appreciate it.
Congratulations

Mom, I checked spreadsheets for last years and have not noticed anyone adjusting on A-1 visa. Do you them here each year?

I certainly can’t recall the different status we’ve seen here - the only way to know is by checking the timeline spreadsheets. Yes there’s no listed A1, however there are two A2s listed, which really is similar to A1 - they’re both diplomatic visas/status, just like G1 or G2.

A-1, A-2, G-1, or G-2 is eligible to AOS if they meet the criteria, you just need to ensure you’ve also included forms I-566, Interagency Record of Request and I-508, Waiver of Rights, Privileges, Exemptions, and Immunities. Failure to include those additional forms of course means the AOS application cannot be approved.

Interesting to learn about the different codes.
I checked our NOAs for your information:
Husband and me: Code 3
Kids (under 8): Code 2

Have you heard anything about your wife`s Bio?

We called and talked to a tier 2 officer and she put in a service request. It shows in the case history that they service request was processed the same day. We called today after receiving my letter to see if there is any update on her case and tier 2 officer said she is in que for a bio but no date yet. She said it should be very soon and also we definitely should receive an update y 11th August. I have no idea based on what she said 11th august, but I am planning to submit a congressional enquiry by this friday for her bio.

@Sm1smom ,

In today s news it says that Federal judge blocks Trump immigration 'public charge' rule due to pandemic. What are your thoughts? Does it change anything for us (regarding i-944 form)?

I believe what this ruling is focused on is for USCIS to not determine an applicant is a public charge on the basis of having received a public benefit that might have otherwise caused them to be deemed a public charge. It doesn’t override the need for an applicant to demonstrate to the IO their financial capability.

I certainly can’t recall the different status we’ve seen here - the only way to know is by checking the timeline spreadsheets. Yes there’s no listed A1, however there are two A2s listed, which really is similar to A1 - they’re both diplomatic visas/status, just like G1 or G2.

A-1, A-2, G-1, or G-2 is eligible to AOS if they meet the criteria, you just need to ensure you’ve also included forms I-566, Interagency Record of Request and I-508, Waiver of Rights, Privileges, Exemptions, and Immunities. Failure to include those additional forms of course means the AOS application cannot be approved.
All forms submitted. Thank you for reply. A-2 is a service visa, meaning for technical stuff, seems that A-1s selected not often.

All forms submitted. Thank you for reply. A-2 is a service visa, meaning for technical stuff, seems that A-1s selected not often.

Technical stuff or not, it still is a diplomatic visa. I know you’re trying to point out A1 is a category for heads of state, ambassadors, government ministers, cabinet members, etc, while A2 is a lower level category for full time employees working at the consulates/embassies, foreign military members, other government officials, etc.

Saying “seems that A-1s selected not often” comes across as if visa status is taken into consideration during the selection process which is not the case. If A1 is not often selected, it means A1s do not often apply. Also remember, not all AOS selectees come to this forum or report on the cases.

Anyway, like I said before, your processing will be based on if you meet the DV requirements, your readiness to waive all of your diplomatic immunities, and are not found to be inadmissible to the US in general without a bias towards the type of diplomatic visa status one holds.