• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I just had my interview in San Jose field office today. The officer went through every question on i485 and made some changes for me. I offered her a lot of financial evidence because of the new public charge thing (employment letter, pay stubs for the past year, bank statements, credit report, credit score... etc). She said I'm very well-prepared and asked me to wait for one week for her decision. The online status was changed to "new card is being produced" when I got home. Thank you so so much for all your help @Sm1smom!!

I just had my interview in San Jose field office today. The officer went through every question on i485 and made some changes for me. I offered her a lot of financial evidence because of the new public charge thing (employment letter, pay stubs for the past year, bank statements, credit report, credit score... etc). She said I'm very well-prepared and asked me to wait for one week for her decision. The online status was changed to "new card is being produced" when I got home. Thank you so so much for all your help @Sm1smom!!
Congrats!
When did you have you bio appointment?

I wanted to give an update on our biometric situation.
This morning I received an email from the ASC officer that took our prints yesterday (with code 2).
She said after she entered our data into the system she got two other biometric appointments pop up for our case.
One code 3 for my wife for I539 (which is for H4 that is concurrently happening with our case, and has her last name spelled wrong) and one code 2 for me for I131.

One hour later she sent an email that we should wait till she gets back to us with some new information.
Now she sent new appointment letters for both of us (case type I485 and I765) and stated that both are for 10 fingers.
However, for me is code 1 and for my wife is code 3.

@Sm1smom can you please explain what code 1 means in this case and should I be worried?
5 minutes after we got the emails Tier-2 representative also called and basically said that you have follow up appointments for code 1 and code 3.
I asked what code 1 means but said I don't know and should ask the ASC officer when we go to do our bio.

Hi,
I got an interview letter by email in a word file. But it's very brief without any signatures or something. It just says bring with you:"All passports, visas or other entry documents; student records while studying in the U.S."
It's like I myself have created it. Lol
Will they allow me to enter USCIS building with this fakeish letter?
I think it is fine, they told me that they won't send me the letter, just show up at that time in this place..so it is ok!

One question:
I got parking ticket today. I've recently moved in to the neighborhood and didn't know that they started imposing residence parking rule since it was disabled during the COVID. I paid the ticket right away.
Do I have to disclose that during my interview? I have the interview scheduled on Friday. I have the ticket and receipt confirming that I paid for it with available.

Hi Fellow winners, thank you for your support and help with the process, this forum is a gem!
My case status says that On April 3, 2020 they received my application and fingerprint fee. I live in San Jose, and see on the tracker that all cases before and after me have been scheduled for the interview. Tier 1 & 2 representatives just told me to wait. Is there any way to check what's the problem and expedite the appointment?
Thank you!

Initiate a congressional inquiry.

I just received a bio letter for Aug 4 via email with code 2 as well. It says case type I485 and we didn’t submit any other forms than that
As I posted, some of us have this issue. Supposedly, I-485 biometric should be with code 3 (doing 10 fingers biometric) not code 2 (1 finger biometric) for those who don't have any biometric experience in USC.
I am also waiting to see if anyone has an update about this issue, especially those who Didi code 2 biometric and attend an interview after that.

One question:
I got parking ticket today. I've recently moved in to the neighborhood and didn't know that they started imposing residence parking rule since it was disabled during the COVID. I paid the ticket right away.
Do I have to disclose that during my interview? I have the interview scheduled on Friday. I have the ticket and receipt confirming that I paid for it with available.
Parking tickets should be fine; in addition, for other minor offenses, page 16 of I-485 instructions states:
In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license. However, you must submit such documentation if the traffic incident resulted in criminal charges or involved alcohol, drugs, or injury to a person or property.

I wanted to give an update on our biometric situation.
This morning I received an email from the ASC officer that took our prints yesterday (with code 2).
She said after she entered our data into the system she got two other biometric appointments pop up for our case.
One code 3 for my wife for I539 (which is for H4 that is concurrently happening with our case, and has her last name spelled wrong) and one code 2 for me for I131.

One hour later she sent an email that we should wait till she gets back to us with some new information.
Now she sent new appointment letters for both of us (case type I485 and I765) and stated that both are for 10 fingers.
However, for me is code 1 and for my wife is code 3.

@Sm1smom can you please explain what code 1 means in this case and should I be worried?
5 minutes after we got the emails Tier-2 representative also called and basically said that you have follow up appointments for code 1 and code 3.
I asked what code 1 means but said I don't know and should ask the ASC officer when we go to do our bio.

Code 1 – 10 Prints Only - USCIS will take a scan of your fingerprints
Code 2 – Photo, Signature, Index Finger Print - USCIS will take a digital photo, obtain your signature, and finger print your index finger
Code 3 – 10 prints, photos, signature, and Index finger print - All of the above
Code 5 - One hand fingerprints - 4 digit print of the one hand only (minus the thumb), picture and signature

Code 1 – 10 Prints Only - USCIS will take a scan of your fingerprints
Code 2 – Photo, Signature, Index Finger Print - USCIS will take a digital photo, obtain your signature, and finger print your index finger
Code 3 – 10 prints, photos, signature, and Index finger print - All of the above
Code 5 - One hand fingerprints - 4 digit print of the one hand only (minus the thumb), picture and signature
Would this mean that they will be combining the code 2 that I already did with the new code 1 that they will be taking?
Very strange that they are asking for code 3 from my wife and code 1 from me when we have done exactly the same steps.

One question:

Yes, disclose it once the IO starts asking the “have your ever” set of courses. While it is true documentation is not required certain traffic fines and incident, I recommend taking them along to your interview and simply have them on hand. Better to be over prepared than be caught off guard.

Today (7/29), my case status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" and now to "Case Was Approved."
My interview was on July 13 (Post # 4,139), biometrics was on July 27. Today I also received the ASC Appointment Notice, but they had already sent it by email last Friday. I'm looking forward to receiving the card in the mail. :)

This has been a stressful process, but it went smoothly thanks to the amazing resources on this forum and the constant help and support from @Sm1smom and the community. Mom, thank you very, very much for everything!
Good luck everyone!

Would this mean that they will be combining the code 2 that I already did with the new code 1 that they will be taking?
Very strange that they are asking for code 3 from my wife and code 1 from me when we have done exactly the same steps.

Probably.

Today (7/29), my case status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" and now to "Case Was Approved."
My interview was on July 13 (Post # 4,139), biometrics was on July 27. Today I also received the ASC Appointment Notice, but they had already sent it by email last Friday. I'm looking forward to receiving the card in the mail. :)

This has been a stressful process, but it went smoothly thanks to the amazing resources on this forum and the constant help and support from @Sm1smom and the community. Mom, thank you very, very much for everything!
Good luck everyone!

Awesome news. Congratulations :)

Yes, disclose it once the IO starts asking the “have your ever” set of courses. While it is true documentation is not required certain traffic fines and incident, I recommend taking them along to your interview and simply have them on hand. Better to be over prepared than be caught off guard.
I will do that. Thanks.

Hi all,

I completed my interview today.
It was really nice and officer was really friendly!
We went through the form of I485 and I944 one by one.
Also, ask my original birth certificate, my name, birthday, country, job, and my parents info as well.
I also provided further documents for IRS transcript, latest paystubs, bank statement, and credit statements.
She said they’re aware of DV cases and knew we have timelines. If they want extra evidence she will call me directly. However, she thought my case was very straight forward. I can expect 2-3 week later to get green card.
When I went home, my USCIS status has changed to ‘New card is being produced ‘.
Hope everyone can get good news ASAP.
Thanks all host provide this forum and share their experience for us. Really appreciate it.