• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

@Sm1smom, my employer was sponsoring my work based aos before i won the lottery. they are saving thousands not having to pay my lawyer so they are willing to reimburse my i485 fee but i need a receipt. is there any rules against this, and does uscis issue payment receipts? is the i797 maybe considered valid as a payment receipt?

Thank you

Hi Mom
Any advice on what to write to the congressperson?
I've done biometrics (9 days ago), but still no IL. I can see people on the spreadsheet that have already done interviews even though applying after me. I would wait a few more days but I'm worried that I would need to get an inquiry in before the recess.

I have a question regarding furloughs. If you are furloughed and are not receiving a paycheck but the company is still paying you for your benefits every month until they call you back to work are you still considered out of status?

I don’t think anyone here can conclusively answer that question. Remember this is a rather new and unusual situation. The IO will ultimately make the call. This is similar to when ICE first came out earlier this month to say F1 students cannot remain in the US if their schools are switching to online classes for the Fall semester as that will be a violation of their admitted status, which is correct based on the conditions of their visas. Of course that call has since been modified.

Hi Mom
Any advice on what to write to the congressperson?
I've done biometrics (9 days ago), but still no IL. I can see people on the spreadsheet that have already done interviews even though applying after me. I would wait a few more days but I'm worried that I would need to get an inquiry in before the recess.

You just have to use your discretion on this and follow the guideline on their website - some of them already have in place forms you need to fill out when contacting them.

On a side note, you can’t compare yourself to everyone everyone on the spreadsheet that applied after you, the comparison should be to others from your FO (so I hope that is what you’re doing).

I did my interview and my bio yesterday but I haven’t received any updates yet. My case status is still Fingerprint Fee Received. Should I worry about it?

I did my interview and my bio yesterday but I haven’t received any updates yet. My case status is still Fingerprint Fee Received. Should I worry about it?

Since you did both steps on the same day (biometrics and interview), I believe you won't be able to see status changes that fast as background check takes time. After they have a confirmation that everything is ok (background checks), I assume the status will change.

[QUOTE = "SusieQQQ, publicación: 2531272, miembro: 47"] Tendrán su nombre abajo si hay una cita para usted. [/ QUOTE]
who is the sender?

[QUOTE = "AOSnewbie, publicación: 2531271, miembro: 431897"] Hola,
Recibí una carta de entrevista por correo electrónico en un archivo de Word. Pero es muy breve sin firmas ni nada. Solo dice que traiga con usted: "Todos los pasaportes, visas u otros documentos de entrada; registros de estudiantes mientras estudian en los Estados Unidos"
Es como si yo mismo lo hubiera creado. Jajaja
¿Me permitirán ingresar al edificio del USCIS con esta carta falsa? [/ CITA]
who is the sender? ¿Quién es el remitente?

Hi Mom,

I finally got access to the IRS online account, and I see verification of not filing taxes for 2019. I actually filed taxes in May via Sprintax. All I have to prove it is the receipt of USPS that says that it was delivered. Should I resend it and will it affect my application?

Hi Mom,

I finally got access to the IRS online account, and I see verification of not filing taxes for 2019. I actually filed taxes in May via Sprintax. All I have to prove it is the receipt of USPS that says that it was delivered. Should I resend it and will it affect my application?
Print out the tax return that you filed in May and take it to the interview with you. There is a backlog at the IRS for processing paper tax returns because of covid shutdowns, so it may take them some time to process your tax return. Explain this to the IO at the interview.
Also, if you have tax trascripts from previous years, it is recommended that you take those with you to the interview as well.

Print out the tax return that you filed in May and take it to the interview with you. There is a backlog at the IRS for processing paper tax returns because of covid shutdowns, so it may take them some time to process your tax return. Explain this to the IO at the interview.
Also, if you have tax trascripts from previous years, it is recommended that you take those with you to the interview as well.
Thanks so much! I do have the previous year`s transcript. Do I need to resubmit the taxes for 2019 in case they didn`t receive or lose it? Or will it create more confusion or work for them?

Thanks so much! I do have the previous year`s transcript. Do I need to resubmit the taxes for 2019 in case they didn`t receive or lose it? Or will it create more confusion or work for them?
No, you don't need to submit the tax return for 2019 again. Just wait for them to process the tax return that you have already submitted -- they will get to it eventually. According to different estimates, it may take up to 6-8 weeks (starting from July 15, not the date that you filed) for the IRS to process paper tax returns this year.
Even if your IO is not aware of the delays in processing tax returns because of covid (which is unlikely), he or she will probably be understanding once you explain the situation.

@Sm1smom, my employer was sponsoring my work based aos before i won the lottery. they are saving thousands not having to pay my lawyer so they are willing to reimburse my i485 fee but i need a receipt. is there any rules against this, and does uscis issue payment receipts? is the i797 maybe considered valid as a payment receipt?

Thank you
I actually have the same question. My employer paid for all fees related to this application. Hope nothing is wrong with that!

[QUOTE = "SusieQQQ, publicación: 2531272, miembro: 47"] Tendrán su nombre abajo si hay una cita para usted. [/ QUOTE]
who is the sender?

[QUOTE = "AOSnewbie, publicación: 2531271, miembro: 431897"] Hola,
Recibí una carta de entrevista por correo electrónico en un archivo de Word. Pero es muy breve sin firmas ni nada. Solo dice que traiga con usted: "Todos los pasaportes, visas u otros documentos de entrada; registros de estudiantes mientras estudian en los Estados Unidos"
Es como si yo mismo lo hubiera creado. Jajaja
¿Me permitirán ingresar al edificio del USCIS con esta carta falsa? [/ CITA]
who is the sender? ¿Quién es el remitente?

You do realize you need to post in English if you expect a response?

Thank you

USCIS does not issue payment receipts. Anyone can pay for the process.

Wow, I can't believe this is (almost) finally over. Had my interview today and got approved.

My wife and I were both scheduled for today but at different time slots two hours apart. Got a call from IO in the morning and she told us to come in together for the first one.
During the interview we were asked to provide our tax documents, paychecks, bank statement, employment letter, rent agreement. When IO asked if we had any other documents to support our marriage (we are married for 6 years) I offered to look through a wedding photos album. Had a few laughs doing that.
I was asked to file I-134 form for my wife (I’m employed, but she just started a new short-term job and hasn’t received a paycheck yet).
Then we went over the information in I-485: names, dates, locations, yes/no questions in the end.
All-in-all the atmosphere was relaxing. It felt more like a friendly conversation than an interrogation. IO was very supportive, and we had a good time discussing shelter-in-place lifestyle, movies and tv shows recommendations.

Thank you, Mom, for your guidance and everyone else for your support. Hope everyone will get a happy ending :)