• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi,
Our appointment is at 3:00 pm. I know this is Covid-19 situation and ASCs are very strict about time of the appointment.
Has anyone tried to show up sooner than their time on the notice? I mean same day but different time.

Hi,
Our appointment is at 3:00 pm. I know this is Covid-19 situation and ASCs are very strict about time of the appointment.
Has anyone tried to show up sooner than their time on the notice? I mean same day but different time.
We came 20 minutes early for our interview and were told to come back 5 min later. The notice said that we should not arrive more than 45 minutes early

Dear Mom and all,

I had my biometrics taken on July 27 (posts 4938, 4954, 4955, 4969), it was code 2 type biometrics. As of today, my status has not been updated to “Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken” and/or "Fingerprint Review was Completed", as it has been reported by others in this forum, something that supposedly takes place within a couple of days from the day biometrics are taken.
Question #1: Do you think that this “delay” is within the “normal” time required for such an update to take place? Could this delay have something to do with the fact that my biometrics were type 2 or it could be some other reason, for example, related to the duration of the background check?
Question #2: As it is not quite clear to me whether the type 2 biometrics will be finally accepted or not, should I kindly request from a tier2 to contact either my FO (as per post 5156) or NBC (as per post 5158) to check my status regarding type 2 biometrics ?

Thank you

Dear Mom and all,

I had my biometrics taken on July 27 (posts 4938, 4954, 4955, 4969), it was code 2 type biometrics. As of today, my status has not been updated to “Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken” and/or "Fingerprint Review was Completed", as it has been reported by others in this forum, something that supposedly takes place within a couple of days from the day biometrics are taken.
Question #1: Do you think that this “delay” is within the “normal” time required for such an update to take place? Could this delay have something to do with the fact that my biometrics were type 2 or it could be some other reason, for example, related to the duration of the background check?
Question #2: As it is not quite clear to me whether the type 2 biometrics will be finally accepted or not, should I kindly request from a tier2 to contact either my FO (as per post 5156) or NBC (as per post 5158) to check my status regarding type 2 biometrics ?

Thank you

Online update or message displayed is not always consistent, so don’t dwell on what you see or don’t see displayed. Have you had your interview or received the IL? If the answer is no, that is what you should be following up on.

Another update from my part:
I have just received e-mail from FO in Newark. Based on the expedited request that officer has filed on my behalf, I have been scheduled for biometrics this coming Thursday. Interesting part is that appointment is not going to take place at ACS but in immigration building in Newark, the same one where I had the interview, just a different floor.

I have just received e-mail from FO in Newark. Based on the expedited request that officer has filed on my behalf, I have been scheduled for biometrics this coming Thursday. Interesting part is that appointment is not going to take place at ACS but in immigration building in Newark, the same one where I had the interview, just a different floor.
Congrats @skip1! Hope everything goes well and you get your GC soon. Anyway, the difficult part (interview) is over ;) good luck!

Hi guys! I have received the same email as skip1 for a biometrics appointment at the Newark field office this Thursday. Congrats skip1, one last step for you!

Hi mom, hope you are well. Do you think I can email the FO back to confirm the biometrics appointment and ask if it would be possible to do the interview as well on the same day?

Thanks a lot.

We just got a call from our FO.

Officer said, she noticed we have a BIO appointment tomorrow, and asked us to do the interview before taking the BIO. She is very friendly and said she is worried about the deadline for Sep 30 and wanted to rush things. :)

Hi guys! I have received the same email as skip1 for a biometrics appointment at the Newark field office this Thursday. Congrats skip1, one last step for you!

Hi mom, hope you are well. Do you think I can email the FO back to confirm the biometrics appointment and ask if it would be possible to do the interview as well on the same day?

Thanks a lot.

It wouldn’t hurt to ask. Provided the email address accepts return correspondence.

Thanks a lot.
My two cents:
People at Newark FO are really giving their best effort to process everything in a timely manner. This expedited biometrics appointment is just another proof for that statement - I was kind of suspicious when I was told on Friday that they have submitted it, but it turns out that it's just true. They are fully aware of the deadlines and I'm really impressed by the work that they have put to process everything.

Having said all of this - I really would not stress about it. You will most likely be interviewed by the same officer me and @Lara1 did. He truly is the kindest and most easy going person and he is fully informed and aware of the DV lottery deadline. If everything on your side is clean, you really have nothing to worry. I'm sure interview for you will be just a formality.

I received a bio-metric appointment letter last Friday for an appointment today (Monday). I am a derivative applicant, and my wife is the principal. We did not receive an appointment letter for my wife. Is that common to be scheduled separately? I am afraid that we may miss some communication from USCIS.

My two cents:
People at Newark FO are really giving their best effort to process everything in a timely manner. This expedited biometrics appointment is just another proof for that statement - I was kind of suspicious when I was told on Friday that they have submitted it, but it turns out that it's just true. They are fully aware of the deadlines and I'm really impressed by the work that they have put to process everything.

Having said all of this - I really would not stress about it. You will most likely be interviewed by the same officer me and @Lara1 did. He truly is the kindest and most easy going person and he is fully informed and aware of the DV lottery deadline. If everything on your side is clean, you really have nothing to worry. I'm sure interview for you will be just a formality.

That's very reassuring to know, thanks skip1! I will post an update after my appointment on Thursday.

hi, I have a question about my DV Administrative Fee copy. I just got the PDF of the scanning receipt from Email, but I never got the physical receipt ( It's been a month after I got the Email). Would that be a problem that I just have the scanning version of my interview?

I received a bio-metric appointment letter last Friday for an appointment today (Monday). I am a derivative applicant, and my wife is the principal. We did not receive an appointment letter for my wife. Is that common to be scheduled separately? I am afraid that we may miss some communication from USCIS.

Yes that is the process, each person receives a separate bio notice.

hi, I have a question about my DV Administrative Fee copy. I just got the PDF of the scanning receipt from Email, but I never got the physical receipt ( It's been a month after I got the Email). Would that be a problem that I just have the scanning version of my interview?

Not a problem.