• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Ok.. So it will be tricky. I dont think they will put some high numbers before the new year as most of the gc winners are living outside the US

Ok.. So it will be tricky. I dont think they will put some high numbers before the new year as most of the gc winners are living outside the US

Nothing tricky about the process. CN progression will still be highly dependent on the VB. And no, higher CNs will not suddenly have the opportunity of filing early on the basis of processing AOS and not being impacted by the Proclamation.

to sum up, you're saying that AOS will not be affected but hence the proclamation touches vast amount of people from outside the country they won't increase the numbers in VB at all - or maybe a little bit but it won't change till January for sure. So even though AOS is not affected, there will be no real chance of getting GC or even USCIS interview before new year anyway.
In short, it means that all of us are affected by the proclamation.

to sum up, you're saying that AOS will not be affected but hence the proclamation touches vast amount of people from outside the country they won't increase the numbers in VB at all - or maybe a little bit but it won't change till January for sure. So even though AOS is not affected, there will be no real chance of getting GC or even USCIS interview before new year anyway.
In short, it means that all of us are affected by the proclamation.

What on earth are you talking about? Your understanding is vastly flawed, I’m sorry to say. Because what Susie and I have said is vastly different from what you’ve summarized here. I think you need to slow down and re-read the information you’ve already been provided with.

If DV based AOSers are impacted going by the “all of us” interpretation you’re implying, you think 2020 selectees processing AOS wouldn’t have been equally affected just like those processing CP? I already told you to go review the last couple of pages on the AOS 2020 thread and see things for yourself.

The fact that the first 3 months of the 2021 FY is impacted (for those processing CP) doesn’t mean the VB needs to be vastly increased to enable higher CNs processing AOS file earlier. If they’re to do this, what happens in January when the Proclamation is no longer in play? A flood gate opening for CPers and subsequently causing a bottleneck or they should initiate visa regression?

Anyway, judging by your posts, your CN is rather high. So you can basically wait and see. No need struggling to understand the process for now.

my CN is in the middle - 24k. I think you just can't imagine the bigger picture I am trying to describe even though it's not that big.
If consular process is postponed till the January why would they increase VB numbers at all? Even if they do, they can't increase it as they do every year because as you said there would be "CP flood". So if the numbers will be low as 0, AOS people for 2021 will have to wait more than they normally would in previous years, isn't it right?
Nevermind though, I'll wait and see as you suggested.

my CN is in the middle - 24k. I think you just can't imagine the bigger picture I am trying to describe even though it's not that big.
If consular process is postponed till the January why would they increase VB numbers at all? Even if they do, they can't increase it as they do every year because as you said there would be "CP flood". So if the numbers will be low as 0, AOS people for 2021 will have to wait more than they normally would in previous years, isn't it right?

Yeah I admit an inability to imagine the bigger picture you’re trying to describe because this whole conversation is confusing the heck out of me. So I’m moving on from it, to enable me focus and better guide those without a complicated bigger picture.

And why do you think they would have the numbers at zero through the first quarter? If you look at the visa bulletin recently, well you can’t see it in DV because numbers were current already but priority dates for other banned categories have moved since the April proclamation. (Just about every listed category in the visa bulletin other than EB5 falls under the ban.) On your logic nothing would have changed since the last published bulletin before the April proclamation?

I and my wife try to set up an online account with IRS to get access to our tax transcripts. They ask to provide last 8digits of my creditt card number. We get the message "the information you entered does not match our records". I tried to call to IRS at 18009089946, but they say "at this time we are unable to provide live assistance due to reduced staff level". Also currently IRS does not allow to request tax transcripts by mail. I and my wife would appreciate very much your advice how can we get our tax transcripts or any other solution given this situation.

Who says they’re banning F1? There are enough real bans around, let’s not start exaggerating other stuff. What they are doing is enforcing an existing rule with no regard for the fact that it was put in place for entirely different reasons.

Hey :) I hope you're doing well. I understand ur point but that rule of having students being out of status for taking more than 1 online class would be justifiable if we didn't have a pandemic. Now when you see Embassies closed and not able to process any of the visas (including f1) saying that even when they will open students won't be able to get their visas until further notice (god knows when), plus you have people here who just can't go back home and a government is asking them to leave despite what's happening.. I don't know what you call this but I see this as a ban tbh even if it specifically doesn't say that. But I completely understand your point.

Hey people, I hope everyone here is doing amazing despite the craziness out there. I have some questions and I would appreciate the support!

1-on the files it’s asking for an A-number and USCIS online account number which I don’t have as I checked my visa, is there a certain way to get that number?

4-In the I-485 there is a citation question, I got one ticket for wrong u-turn for $300. Should I disclose it? I saw on a website that a someone said the she called uscis and she was told that citaitons under $500 dont have to be inclosed.

5-on the I-485 file it says “Failure to submit all required evidence and documentation when filing Form I-485 may also delay processing of your application and any related applications based on Form I-485, such as Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document”. Based on the spreadsheet it says it’s optional, should I file for I-765 and I-131? Because if I get the green card then I wouldn’t really need them right?

7-I was looking for form I-797 but I was not able to get it, do you guys know how to access the file?

11-It’s asking for high school diploma or its equivalent, the thing is in my country before high school and after primary school we have college (I know its weird) but should I also submit my college transcript and certificate or only high school?

I appreciate the time you took answering my questions, really!

Hey people, I hope everyone here is doing amazing despite the craziness out there. I have some questions and I would appreciate the support!

1-on the files it’s asking for an A-number and USCIS online account number which I don’t have as I checked my visa, is there a certain way to get that number?

4-In the I-485 there is a citation question, I got one ticket for wrong u-turn for $300. Should I disclose it? I saw on a website that a someone said the she called uscis and she was told that citaitons under $500 dont have to be inclosed.

5-on the I-485 file it says “Failure to submit all required evidence and documentation when filing Form I-485 may also delay processing of your application and any related applications based on Form I-485, such as Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document”. Based on the spreadsheet it says it’s optional, should I file for I-765 and I-131? Because if I get the green card then I wouldn’t really need them right?

7-I was looking for form I-797 but I was not able to get it, do you guys know how to access the file?

11-It’s asking for high school diploma or its equivalent, the thing is in my country before high school and after primary school we have college (I know its weird) but should I also submit my college transcript and certificate or only high school?

I appreciate the time you took answering my questions, really!

1. You don’t have an A#, or a USCIS account, leave those sections blank.

2. The question on the form is “Have you EVER been arrested, cited, charged ...” if you select “NO” as your response, that would be a lie. The form isn't asking about citations under a certain threshold amount, hence the use of “EVER”. So you need to disclose it IMO.

3. Don’t over think the instructions or the questions on the forms. The statement “Failure to submit all required evidence and documentation when filing Form I-485 may also delay processing of your application and any related applications based on Form I-485, such as Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document” is not suggesting you must apply for documents you don’t need. It is basically saying if you submit any of those listed forms and do not include the specific documents applicable to the one you’re submitting, this will cause some delay in processing the specific form. That is why the AOS spreadsheet lists the I-765 and I-131 as optional forms. You should actually re-read that spreadsheet for the pros and cons of those forms.

4. I-797 is not a form you fill out. It is a USCIS issued document, you don’t have one, it is not applicable to you.

5. What is the definition of “college” in your country’s schooling system? Anyway regardless of its definition, just going by your description, what you guys call “college” is equivalent of what we call middle school or some call junior high school, so the transcripts is irrelevant.

p.s. your question numbering is confusing as heck. Take due diligence in ensuring questions are numbered in numerical sequence, it looks like you’re randomly copying and pasting questions from some long personal lists you’ve compiled somewhere.

p.s. your question numbering is confusing as heck. Take due diligence in ensuring questions are numbered in numerical sequence, it looks like you’re randomly copying and pasting questions from some long personal lists you’ve compiled somewhere.

It’s like those old style IQ tests! What are the next 3 numbers in the sequence 1, 4, 5, 7, 11...

Heads up to selectees on student visas planning on processing AOS as this information may impact your AOS processing plans.

The current administration is planning on asking international students whose schools/colleges are switching over to online studies for the fall semester to depart from the US and attend classes online from their home countries or anywhere else outside the US. Those who refuse to depart risk facing deportation. So in order to remain in the US, you guys may want to look into programs that requires in-person classes now.

International students may need to leave US if their universities transition to online-only learning

Thanks for bringing up this informative post.
My DSO and my Dept Head from our university have assured us that we should be okay on this as our school is working to provide some hybrid course options. So I believe I dodged this bullet. Until tRump plays another card, I should be good for AOS?

I am not an expert here but I believe the case numbers are assigned not only to DV winners but also for other applicants who have cases such as employer based green card, citizen based green card, U-Visas, and other humanitarian cases. Since the proclamation doesn't affect the ones who are already in the US, those AOSers case numbers should be updated periodically so that they can apply because if they have to wait until Jan 2021 then the proclamation would read otherwise and almost all of the immigration services would come to halt. But if we look into AOS 2020 forum, we can find some applicants who have received an immigrant visa even after the proclamation.
I hope this helps!

Hello Moderators,

I have following questions which are related to filling DS-260 form. Can you please provide some insights on them?
1. Do we have to type our name in our native alphabet in the section where it asks to do so?
2. On the "previous US travel information" section, a question asks "have your ever been to the US" and when I tick yes, it again asks two additional questions which ask for "date of entry" and "length of stay" w/o "currently at US" as an option. For someone who has been to the US for the very first time and has been continuously staying here till date, how would they respond to this question?
3. I am quite unsure about the Alien Registration Number but I am in a F-1 visa and had worked like for 6 months on OPT after completing my 2nd year of college. Do you think my situation could have usually assigned me an Alien Registration Number?
4. On the "present work/education information" sections, there are 2 sub-sections to fill: "primary" and "other". I believe primary would be "student"(as I am currently a full-time student) and for other, do I need to list my part time job that I do on campus?
5. On the "were you previously employed section", I need to list all the part time on campus jobs that I had, right? Even though some jobs were just for 10 hours a week, I am still supposed to put that, aren't I?
6. We don't need to submit any additional supporting documents such as birth certificate, police report, and parents citizenship with DS-260, do we?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Hello Moderators,

I have following questions which are related to filling DS-260 form. Can you please provide some insights on them?
1. Do we have to type our name in our native alphabet in the section where it asks to do so?
2. On the "previous US travel information" section, a question asks "have your ever been to the US" and when I tick yes, it again asks two additional questions which ask for "date of entry" and "length of stay" w/o "currently at US" as an option. For someone who has been to the US for the very first time and has been continuously staying here till date, how would they respond to this question?
3. I am quite unsure about the Alien Registration Number but I am in a F-1 visa and had worked like for 6 months on OPT after completing my 2nd year of college. Do you think my situation could have usually assigned me an Alien Registration Number?
4. On the "present work/education information" sections, there are 2 sub-sections to fill: "primary" and "other". I believe primary would be "student"(as I am currently a full-time student) and for other, do I need to list my part time job that I do on campus?
5. On the "were you previously employed section", I need to list all the part time on campus jobs that I had, right? Even though some jobs were just for 10 hours a week, I am still supposed to put that, aren't I?
6. We don't need to submit any additional supporting documents such as birth certificate, police report, and parents citizenship with DS-260, do we?

Thank you for your time and patience.

1. If your name is spelt differently with the native alphabet, then yes.
2. Calculate up to the date of the DS260 form submission.
3. You don’t have an A#.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. No.

Hello! Thanks a lot for helping people out. I am on an F-1 visa and still have one more year to go. Due to COVID-19, I returned back to my country for the summer early, in March, and continued my classes and assistantship online. I will be back in the US in August for the fall semester.

In short, I wasn't "physically" in the US when the results were announced. Does this disqualify me for AOS? On USCIS website it says:
at the time of “winning the lottery,” are residing in the United States
, while in many other places it says:
"physically" present in the US

Do you have any information about this situation?

Hello! Thanks a lot for helping people out. I am on an F-1 visa and still have one more year to go. Due to COVID-19, I returned back to my country for the summer early, in March, and continued my classes and assistantship online. I will be back in the US in August for the fall semester.

In short, I wasn't "physically" in the US when the results were announced. Does this disqualify me for AOS? On USCIS website it says:
, while in many other places it says:

Do you have any information about this situation?
Read this post