• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hey, in which case I should hire a lawyer if I won the DV lottery?
Also, my case number is 48×××. Do you have any chance to get my GReen card?

How is anyone supposed to know under which circumstances you should be hiring a lawyer for your case based on what you’ve written here which doesn’t tell anyone anything about your case or situation?

Hey, in which case I should hire a lawyer if I won the DV lottery?
Also, my case number is 48×××. Do you have any chance to get my GReen card?

You need to tell us which region your case is from (EU, AF etc.) in order for anyone to know if that's a high case number or not.

Hello Mom,

I am DV 2021 winner AS110XX. Currently, I am in the US on F1, my wife and two of my kids are on an F2 visa. I also have a US-born baby and we are expecting our fourth child in September 2020. I am going to AOS process and my questions are:

1-Do I really need to submit a DS 260, or I will receive my 2NL without submitting DS260? IF it is highly recommended to submit when will be a good time to submit it (after our baby is born in September)? I think this way I do not have to unlock DS 260 to add our newborn baby if he must be added (Please correct me if I am wrong).

2-We will be a family of 6 at the time of our interview and my income is limited to the stipend I get from teacher assistantship i.e. less than $20000 in a year. I am a Ph.D. student in civil engineering and will graduate in 2021. I also have more than 6 years of work experience in my home country. Do I need to submit the Form I-134?

Thank you for your time.

Hello Mom,

I am DV 2021 winner AS110XX. Currently, I am in the US on F1, my wife and two of my kids are on an F2 visa. I also have a US-born baby and we are expecting our fourth child in September 2020. I am going to AOS process and my questions are:

1-Do I really need to submit a DS 260, or I will receive my 2NL without submitting DS260? IF it is highly recommended to submit when will be a good time to submit it (after our baby is born in September)? I think this way I do not have to unlock DS 260 to add our newborn baby if he must be added (Please correct me if I am wrong).

2-We will be a family of 6 at the time of our interview and my income is limited to the stipend I get from teacher assistantship i.e. less than $20000 in a year. I am a Ph.D. student in civil engineering and will graduate in 2021. I also have more than 6 years of work experience in my home country. Do I need to submit the Form I-134?

Thank you for your time.

1. No one processing AOS “really need to” submit the DS260 form, but it is recommended. Your CN will not be current in the first quarter of your applicable FY, so you can conveniently wait until after the baby’s birth before submitting the form to enable you list him on you and your wife’s forms.

2. Recommend you look into getting an I 134.

Hi, I am a DV2021 winner from Hong Kong with CN = ASXXXX. I am currently on a J-1 visa and plan to do AOS when my CN is current.

My Question:
Would you please advise which department, KCC, DoS, or USCIS (or others), I shall contact to confirm if Hong Kong is still a chargeable foreign state for DV2021 under the EO signed on Jul 14th?

Background:
The POTUS signed an EO on Jul 14th to suspend special arrangements between the US and Hong Kong, especially putting a hold on treating applicants from Hong Kong and China separately. I worry that it may also make Hong Kong (as a regular city in China) not chargeable for DV's, and hence, all Hong Kong selectees in DV2021 will be disqualified.

Thank you.

hello all few questions from me :)
1. What is the A # is this the same number as USCIS# in the OPT EAD?
2. Where do we pay the diversity fee ?
3. Also when filling the ds260 they ask for present address / where you want to send the gc address...obviously i will be giving the address i am in right now but eventually i might move soon , what happens then do i get to change them ..does USCIS send mails that i need to worry about?

thank you

Hi, I am a DV2021 winner from Hong Kong with CN = ASXXXX. I am currently on a J-1 visa and plan to do AOS when my CN is current.

My Question:
Would you please advise which department, KCC, DoS, or USCIS (or others), I shall contact to confirm if Hong Kong is still a chargeable foreign state for DV2021 under the EO signed on Jul 14th?

Background:
The POTUS signed an EO on Jul 14th to suspend special arrangements between the US and Hong Kong, especially putting a hold on treating applicants from Hong Kong and China separately. I worry that it may also make Hong Kong (as a regular city in China) not chargeable for DV's, and hence, all Hong Kong selectees in DV2021 will be disqualified.

Thank you.

DV2021 selectees will not be disqualified based on that. Hong Kong was an eligible chargeability country during the registration period. The EO will not be retroactively applied.

hello all few questions from me :)
1. What is the A # is this the same number as USCIS# in the OPT EAD?
2. Where do we pay the diversity fee ?
3. Also when filling the ds260 they ask for present address / where you want to send the gc address...obviously i will be giving the address i am in right now but eventually i might move soon , what happens then do i get to change them ..does USCIS send mails that i need to worry about?

thank you

1. Yes.
2. Did you go through the AOS spreadsheet? There’s a link there on how and where to make the payment.
3. The listed address on the DS260 doesn’t matter for AOS. The address you will be listing on your I-485 is the one that determines the FO that will have jurisdiction over your AOS case and where all correspondence from the USCIS will get sent to. So if you move after DS260 but before AOS package submission, you will be fine.

1. Yes.
2. Did you go through the AOS spreadsheet? There’s a link there on how and where to make the payment.
3. The listed address on the DS260 doesn’t matter for AOS. The address you will be listing on your I-485 is the one that determines the FO that will have jurisdiction over your AOS case and where all correspondence from the USCIS will get sent to. So if you move after DS260 but before AOS package submission, you will be fine.

Mom,

On your answer to question#1, I wanted to clarify a point. So, since the USCIS# on the EAD is the A# ,does the USCIS# follow an individual from the beginning? The reason I am asking is that I did get multiple EAD's before throughout my multiple degrees in the US and I was only able to locate a scan of the latest one which has the USCIS#. So, I am not sure whether my USCIS# was the same before or not.

Mom,

On your answer to question#1, I wanted to clarify a point. So, since the USCIS# on the EAD is the A# ,does the USCIS# follow an individual from the beginning? The reason I am asking is that I did get multiple EAD's before throughout my multiple degrees in the US and I was only able to locate a scan of the latest one which has the USCIS#. So, I am not sure whether my USCIS# was the same before or not.

i have multiples EADS too , all of them has the same USCIS #

Mom,

i have multiples EADS too , all of them has the same USCIS #
They usually do, occasionally someone finds their A number has changed from one type of benefit to another. Don’t worry, they know it’s you!

They usually do, occasionally someone finds their A number has changed from one type of benefit to another. Don’t worry, they know it’s you!

Thanks! Also, thank you janu1990! This is good! we have many type of scenarios covered here. ;)

but i am still curious because , on the ds260 it says A number is somethings thats starts with letter A123456, but the USCIS# number does not start with letter A in the EAD

but i am still curious because , on the ds260 it says A number is somethings thats starts with letter A123456, but the USCIS# number does not start with letter A in the EAD

Letter “A” is not always listed as part of the Alien#. Google “alien number image” for sample image of documents with A#.

Dear Sm1smom,
I am a current F-1 student as well as a DV2021 winner and will graduate next summer.
There are a few questions that I really look forward to your thoughts.
1. When will be the earliest timing that I can begin my AOS process? (I have seen people saying since the first day of the month my CN become available, some saying two months before my number is available, and some saying October 1st 2020... I am so confused)
2. Is the first step of AOS submitting I-485 and the relative electrical documents to USCIS?
3. How long does the AOS process usually take to complete?
4. Who should I contact if I consistently failed to subscribe to the list for visa bulletin?
Thank you for the consistent support!

Dear Sm1smom,
I am a current F-1 student as well as a DV2021 winner and will graduate next summer.
There are a few questions that I really look forward to your thoughts.
1. When will be the earliest timing that I can begin my AOS process? (I have seen people saying since the first day of the month my CN become available, some saying two months before my number is available, and some saying October 1st 2020... I am so confused)
2. Is the first step of AOS submitting I-485 and the relative electrical documents to USCIS?
3. How long does the AOS process usually take to complete?
4. Who should I contact if I consistently failed to subscribe to the list for visa bulletin?
Thank you for the consistent support!

1. You can wait until the first day of the month your CN becomes current, or use the early filing option which enables you to file up to 2 months before the first day of the month your CN is current. However, you should go through the AOS process spreadsheet linked to the first post on page one of this thread for more info.

2. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet for a step by step guidance.

3. It depends on several factors. See the AOS process spreadsheet.

4. Check the contact information on the VB page.

Hello everyone!

I currently have a J1 visa with no 2 year rule.
Is it worthy to request an advisory opinion and attach the response to my AOS package or it won’t be necessary since both my visa and my ds-2019 already show that I’m not subject to the rule?

Hello everyone!

I currently have a J1 visa with no 2 year rule.
Is it worthy to request an advisory opinion and attach the response to my AOS package or it won’t be necessary since both my visa and my ds-2019 already show that I’m not subject to the rule?

Not necessary.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your service, it is very helpful! My wife has won dv 2021 visa lottery with the relatively low number 2021AS****15**, she holds J2 visa, I hold J1 visa. We are doing AOS.

Question: when do you suggest getting medical exam prepared? In August or in September or wait till September and see. We are concerned the the June 22 proclamation may slow the process when CN numbers will appear on the bulletin. Is this fear justified?

Thank you so much!
!!