• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

DV is self petitioned, no petitioner/sponsor information required on the DS260 form.
1595199037660.png1595199227264.png
The sample DS-260 in the DOS official website had these sections listed which I didn't get on mine. So I was just curious. Is it suppose to be only for those who are applying for green card through non DV cases such as family based or employment based?
Thanks!

In that case you haven’t “applied for a green card”. All you did back in October/November was submit an entry for DV lottery which does not signify a demonstrated immigrant intent or AOS filing intent. It is irrelevant to your last entry to the US.

There are some countries listed as an exception with different cutoff numbers in the Visa Bulletin. Those in the US and applying for AOS must follow that exception numbers as well if their country of birth is listed there or that exception is only for those currently living in the exception country?

There are some countries listed as an exception with different cutoff numbers in the Visa Bulletin. Those in the US and applying for AOS must follow that exception numbers as well if their country of birth is listed there or that exception is only for those currently living in the exception country?
It is for everyone chargeable to that country regardless where they currently live.

Dear Sm1smom,

I got selected in DV 2021 (CN: AS1XXX). I have a question regarding the supplementary documents for form I-485. It is mentioned in the instructions that I need to provide evidence that I entered my wife's name in the original DV entry if I wanted her to file with me as a derivative. Here is the exact instruction as written in I-485:

"If derivative applicants are filing Form I-485 based on the principal applicant’s Selection Letter, you must provide
evidence that the principal applicant included the derivative applicants in the entry when entering the DV lottery for the current fiscal year."

I checked the Excel sheet that you provided (thanks a lot for the details!!), the only related thing I found is that my wife needs to include our marriage certificate. How do I provide evidence that I included her in my application? Am I misunderstanding the I-485 instruction?

Thanks a lot!

Dear Sm1smom,

I got selected in DV 2021 (CN: AS1XXX). I have a question regarding the supplementary documents for form I-485. It is mentioned in the instructions that I need to provide evidence that I entered my wife's name in the original DV entry if I wanted her to file with me as a derivative. Here is the exact instruction as written in I-485:

"If derivative applicants are filing Form I-485 based on the principal applicant’s Selection Letter, you must provide
evidence that the principal applicant included the derivative applicants in the entry when entering the DV lottery for the current fiscal year."

I checked the Excel sheet that you provided (thanks a lot for the details!!), the only related thing I found is that my wife needs to include our marriage certificate. How do I provide evidence that I included her in my application? Am I misunderstanding the I-485 instruction?

Thanks a lot!

The only way you can provide that evidence will be if you kept a copy of your eDV entry prior to its submission - most people haven’t done so. You can ignore that requirement. USCIS will eventually obtain the information from your KCC file while will get sent to your FO by KCC prior to AOS approval.

The only way you can provide that evidence will be if you kept a copy of your eDV entry prior to its submission - most people haven’t done so. You can ignore that requirement. USCIS will eventually obtain the information from your KCC file while will get sent to your FO by KCC prior to AOS approval.
Got it.
Thanks for the clear response! You are the best!

quick question , for the i-944 (public charge) health insurance
are health share plans eligible?
are month to month plans eligible?

Hi,
I an F1 graduate student and my husband F2 both are currently in the USA and won the DV for the fiscal year 2021 with a high CN( AS 27XXX). We are planning to do AOS.

1) So as we need to go through AOS do we need to submit DS 260? If so when is the best time to submit DS 260 as we have a high CN? Is it okay to submit the DS 260 now?

Thank you.

Hi,
I an F1 graduate student and my husband F2 both are currently in the USA and won the DV for the fiscal year 2021 with a high CN( AS 27XXX). We are planning to do AOS.

1) So as we need to go through AOS do we need to submit DS 260? If so when is the best time to submit DS 260 as we have a high CN? Is it okay to submit the DS 260 now?

Thank you.
Submitting the DS260 is not required but recommended. May be after next Month's VBs you will know how many selectees are in DV2021 and you can get an idea about how high your number is (if you wait until January 2021 you will know for sure). But remember, Submitting DS260 indicates your immigration intensions.

Hi folks,

While trying to retrieve my tax records of the past 3 years from IRS website, this message keeps pupping up on the screen:

"The information you entered does not match our records. Please verify your information and try again. "

(F1 student and have filed my taxes from 2016 to present)
I was wondering this online service might not be available for us and we might have to request for paper-based service!

Any suggestions?!

Thanks in advance

Hi folks,

While trying to retrieve my tax records of the past 3 years from IRS website, this message keeps pupping up on the screen:

"The information you entered does not match our records. Please verify your information and try again. "

(F1 student and have filed my taxes from 2016 to present)
I was wondering this online service might not be available for us and we might have to request for paper-based service!

Any suggestions?!

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I tried the same thing yesterday and got the same message. I entered the address in my most recent tax form (2019) and it didn't go through. However, when I entered the address I used for the previous year (2018), it worked! So I am guessing the address hasn't been updated in the system from the most recent return.
Is your address now different than your address last year? If so, then the above might hold for you. Otherwise, make sure the information you input is correct.

Hi,
I tried the same thing yesterday and got the same message. I entered the address in my most recent tax form (2019) and it didn't go through. However, when I entered the address I used for the previous year (2018), it worked! So I am guessing the address hasn't been updated in the system from the most recent return.
Is your address now different than your address last year? If so, then the above might hold for you. Otherwise, make sure the information you input is correct.

Hi MILAT,
Thanks for quick response. I was guessing so.
Because IRS has not got back to me with my 2019 tax return yet (probably because of COVID19-related delays!) and I have changed my address since then. I might want to wait till they process my 2019 tax return and try again!

Hi

My CN:EU00018XXX

I am currently doing my Ph.D. in the US. This FY, I filled tax return with an accountant and despite I told her that I am a non-resident, she said you are still considered a student and she filled a different form that I formed in the previous year. So, I receive a nice tax refund and I also receive the stimulus check due to COVID. I am worried about what if the accountant filled the wrong form and it negatively affects my AoS process. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts on the next VB on August that will have information about FY2021?
Do you think that since the CP is already banned and no one outside of the US can apply for a DV visa, plus USCIS has a money issue, which runs with fees-only, is there any possibility that DS could keep the range of CN wide? I know we do not know and will not know until VB on August releases but I was just wondering your thoughts. Thanks.

Hello,
I saw two weeks ago that I won the dv2021. However, now I don’t know what to do and that’s because I came here as a visitor but some circumstances lead me to file for asylum. My asylum case is still pending and now I won the lottery and I don’t know if I qualify for an adjustment of status, I don’t know if I should go with the CP process.
The point is I’m really lost and kinda sad.
Have you ever encountered a case like that?
What are my options and what should/could I do?
Any help or opinion would be appreciated.
Thanks
(Sorry for reposting it here, I figured I had previously sent it in the previous year’s thread)

Hello,
I saw two weeks ago that I won the dv2021. However, now I don’t know what to do and that’s because I came here as a visitor but some circumstances lead me to file for asylum. My asylum case is still pending and now I won the lottery and I don’t know if I qualify for an adjustment of status, I don’t know if I should go with the CP process.
The point is I’m really lost and kinda sad.
Have you ever encountered a case like that?
What are my options and what should/could I do?
Any help or opinion would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi

My CN:EU00018XXX

I am currently doing my Ph.D. in the US. This FY, I filled tax return with an accountant and despite I told her that I am a non-resident, she said you are still considered a student and she filled a different form that I formed in the previous year. So, I receive a nice tax refund and I also receive the stimulus check due to COVID. I am worried about what if the accountant filled the wrong form and it negatively affects my AoS process. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts on the next VB on August that will have information about FY2021?
Do you think that since the CP is already banned and no one outside of the US can apply for a DV visa, plus USCIS has a money issue, which runs with fees-only, is there any possibility that DS could keep the range of CN wide? I know we do not know and will not know until VB on August releases but I was just wondering your thoughts. Thanks.

1. I’m thinking your accountant probably wrongly filed your tax return. This is not my specialty, so I can’t say much on that. You should talk to a tax expert.
2. My thoughts are speculating on how wide or narrow August VB will be is a waste of time especially since we don’t even know the total number of selectees. My approach is that of wait and see.