• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello I’m a DV2021 winner in F1 status. I’m confused about i944 form proving self sufficiently as I’m not employed. Can someone give some information how to show self sufficiency and also about getting a credit report with score.
Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your service, it is very helpful! My wife has won dv 2021 visa lottery with the relatively low number 2021AS****15**, she holds J2 visa, I hold J1 visa. We are doing AOS.

Question: when do you suggest getting medical exam prepared? In August or in September or wait till September and see. We are concerned the the June 22 proclamation may slow the process when CN numbers will appear on the bulletin. Is this fear justified?

Thank you so much!
!!

Wait at least until the first VB for the 2021 FY comes out, (which should be in August) to get an idea of when your CN may become current, decide on if you wish to do early filing or regular filing, then you’ll have a better idea of when to go for the medical exam.

Hello I’m a DV2021 winner in F1 status. I’m confused about i944 form proving self sufficiently as I’m not employed. Can someone give some information how to show self sufficiency and also about getting a credit report with score.
Thank you in advance.

1. You’ll still go ahead and fill out the I-944 as applicable to you, regardless of if it shows you’re self sufficient or not.
2. Look into getting an I-134, in addition to the I-944, the IO may be willing to consider that.

1. You’ll still go ahead and fill out the I-944 as applicable to you, regardless of if it shows you’re self sufficient or not.
2. Look into getting an I-134, in addition to the I-944, the IO may be willing to consider that.

Thank you for the reply. How about the getting the credit report with credit score in it.

Thanks

can some one explain to me what is earlyy filing of AOS.. that is before you CN becomes current?

thank you

spreadsheet
sheet AOS process, line 12.

The spreadsheet is there so that people do not have to explain the same thing repeatedly. Please use it!

spreadsheet
sheet AOS process, line 12.

The spreadsheet is there so that people do not have to explain the same thing repeatedly. Please use it!

I am sorry i missed that , it says in the notes that some FO denies the case stating early filing,although earlyy filling is allowed as per the memo. ..so there is a bit of risk in that !!

Last edited:
Wait at least until the first VB for the 2021 FY comes out, (which should be in August) to get an idea of when your CN may become current, decide on if you wish to do early filing or regular filing, then you’ll have a better idea of when to go for the medical exam.

Dear Mom,

Thank you as always for your great advice! It makes a lot of sense to me.

Thank you!!!

Hi Mom,

I've been selected as dv 2021 winner (2021AS****55**) and am currently on F1 visa (doing my PhD here in US). I've read a lot through the spreadsheet and the whole forum and have some questions:

1. As far as I know, all the AOSers have to file the new form I-944 with their I-485 package. Could anyone give me a clue whether having credit debt is a negative point? Although I have income from the university (Teaching assistant + tuition waiver), I have some credit debt and was thinking of like borrowing money from friends in order to pay part of my credit debt.

2. In some posts, I've observed people talking about IRS accounts. Could someone let me know what's this about? (any link that could guide me through)

Best of luck for you all and thanks a lot.

Hi Mom,

I've been selected as dv 2021 winner (2021AS****55**) and am currently on F1 visa (doing my PhD here in US). I've read a lot through the spreadsheet and the whole forum and have some questions:

1. As far as I know, all the AOSers have to file the new form I-944 with their I-485 package. Could anyone give me a clue whether having credit debt is a negative point? Although I have income from the university (Teaching assistant + tuition waiver), I have some credit debt and was thinking of like borrowing money from friends in order to pay part of my credit debt.

2. In some posts, I've observed people talking about IRS accounts. Could someone let me know what's this about? (any link that could guide me through)

Best of luck for you all and thanks a lot.

1. Your credit report will be used as part of assessing your eligibility. Review the Totality of the Circumstance Framework for more guidance.
2. IRS tax transcript is one of the documents required to be submitted with the I-944. Visit the IRS website for more information.

Dear all,

I'm an F1 student and intend to do AOS for DV2021. I have two questions, one is about DS-260 and one is about I-485. Any feedbacks are appreciated!
  1. I understand DS-260 is not required for AOSer but it is highly recommended. I have not started filling DS-260 yet, but I've read the DS-260 example PDF that DoS provided to prepare my answers. However, I did not see anywhere in the DS-260 example that I could specify that I want to do AOS. Did I miss something?
  2. In I-485 Part. 8 Q.25 & 27, “Have you Ever been cited….” and “Have you EVER pled guilty….”
    1. Are non-moving violations (e.g. parking tickets) classified as citations?
    2. If yes, is there a way to look up the record of citations (especially parking tickets)? My husband and I drive my car or his car alternatively. There was one parking ticket that we were not sure which car was issued.
    3. Is paying a parking ticket fine a “plea of guilty”?
Thank you all in advance!

how should I answer the question in DS260,
Q: is your child immigrating to the U.S with you?

They were born here in the U.S.

Attachments

• 1595125398882.png
    1595125398882.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
Hello,

Quick question, I'm a student on an F1 Visa. I applied to the green card lottery somewhere around October or November but my latest entry to the United States at that time was in September. Does that violate double intent ? I read there was a 90 days rule (after the last entry), or does that only apply for when I submit the Adjustment of Status form ?

Hello,

Quick question, I'm a student on an F1 Visa. I applied to the green card lottery somewhere around October or November but my latest entry to the United States at that time was in September. Does that violate double intent ? I read there was a 90 days rule (after the last entry), or does that only apply for when I submit the Adjustment of Status form ?

Are you a DV2020 or DV2021 selectee?

It’s not exactly like we’ve had past situations of applicants receiving stimulus checks they may not have been entitled to, to use as precedent. I don’t think anyone can give you a definitive answer one way or the other on this.
That makes sense. Thank you!

I was filling up (not submitted yet) my DS-260 form today. I filled it all the way to "sign and review" but it didn't give me any section where I had to input information about my petitioner/sponsor. Is this common for AOSers? Or do only CPs get to fill the information about petitioner in their DS-260?

Thanks!

I was filling up (not submitted yet) my DS-260 form today. I filled it all the way to "sign and review" but it didn't give me any section where I had to input information about my petitioner/sponsor. Is this common for AOSers? Or do only CPs get to fill the information about petitioner in their DS-260?

Thanks!

DV is self petitioned, no petitioner/sponsor information required on the DS260 form.