• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

It helps to read previous posts or follow the ongoing conversations as against popping in and out when one has a question, you know?

Anyway read this post and follow the link in it for more info.

Hey mom,
I already saw your post but the thing is my school offers hybrid classes so I was asking if I should go with hybrid classes or does it need to be fully in person?
Thanks

Hey mom,
I already saw your post but the thing is my school offers hybrid classes so I was asking if I should go with hybrid classes or does it need to be fully in person?
Thanks

Your post didn’t come across like you already read what I had posted before asking if we are aware of the risk facing F1 students, hence my response. Anyway, did you go through the link in that post? It already contains the answer to your question. Slow down, breath!

Your post didn’t come across like you already read what I had posted before asking if we are aware of the risk facing F1 students, hence my response. Anyway, did you go through the link in that post? It already contains the answer to your question. Slow down, breath!

I just went through it right now, thanks. Now I will try to take in-person classes but what if after submitting my ds260 or my aos package the school decides to go fully online. Would I still be able to stay or should I leave then?

I just went through it right now, thanks. Now I will try to take in-person classes but what if after submitting my ds260 or my aos package the school decides to go fully online. Would I still be able to stay or should I leave then?

Should that happen, your pending AOS application makes you eligible to remain in the country as leaving without an approved AP will lead to your AOS being considered abandoned.

So even if later my school goes fully online I can still remain in the country legally under the premise that im on AOS? but at what point would that be? submitting the ds260 or when the chicago lockbox approves my AOS package?

So even if later my school goes fully online I can still remain in the country legally under the premise that im on AOS? but at what point would that be? submitting the ds260 or when the chicago lockbox approves my AOS package?

Your AOS package would have had to have been accepted by the Chicago Lockbox prior to your school fully going online before you can be considered to be in an adjustment pending status which is what will enable you to remain in the US in that case. DS260 form submission does not signify a pending AOS application.

Mind you, if you roll into an adjustment pending status, you technically are no longer in F1. And if your AOS application gets denied, you’ll have no fall back status.

So without overthinking this situation, what you need to do is to at least register for hybrid classes even if you can’t find full in-person ones.

Your AOS package would have had to have been accepted by the Chicago Lockbox prior to your school fully going online before you can be considered to be in an adjustment pending status which is what will enable you to remain in the US in that case. DS260 form submission does not signify a pending AOS application.

Mind you, if you roll into an adjustment pending status, you technically are no longer in F1. And if your AOS application gets denied, you’ll have no fall back status.

So without overthinking this situation, what you need to do is to at least register for hybrid classes even if you can’t find full in-person ones.
Yeah that's what I'm currently trying to do now. Will keep you guys posted! On one hand, they're banning F-1 and another hand Trump wants to bring school back for Fall2020, what's going on in this country? lol

Yeah that's what I'm currently trying to do now. Will keep you guys posted! On one hand, they're banning F-1 and another hand Trump wants to bring school back for Fall2020, what's going on in this country? lol
Who says they’re banning F1? There are enough real bans around, let’s not start exaggerating other stuff. What they are doing is enforcing an existing rule with no regard for the fact that it was put in place for entirely different reasons.

In my high school diploma, one of the subjects is called "Initial Military Training" if translated word by word. This class was Physical education/gymnastics and had no connection with military training. Do you know what is the equivalent of this in the U.S. High school system? I have no military training and it would be strange to have "Initial Military Training" at my high school diploma translation.

I was trying to start DS-260 and got this error Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number is invalid.
I tripple checked all details, last name but still.
What does it mean?
I copy pasted CN from the website to avoid 0 and O issue, still the same error

Did anybody experience this issue?
My CN is 2021EU00016XXX

I was trying to start DS-260 and got this error Electronic Diversity Visa Confirmation Number is invalid.
I tripple checked all details, last name but still.
What does it mean?
I copy pasted CN from the website to avoid 0 and O issue, still the same error

Did anybody experience this issue?
My CN is 2021EU00016XXX
Please disregard
wrong combination of numbers

another curious question - do we need to file I693( medical) along with AOS application or can that be later provided during the interview ?

Medical report goes together, there is important deadline in the spreadsheet that was posted on the thread kickoff post about that.

another curious question - do we need to file I693( medical) along with AOS application or can that be later provided during the interview ?

No, you don’t “need” to. You may choose to send in your AOS package without the medical report with the option of taking it along to your interview. However, including the medical report with the AOS package is highly recommended.

Hi there! I am also a winner of the dv 2021 lottery and I am here in US on l1b visa. Nice to meet all of you Guys.

I've read some comment couple of pages before that despite of the Tramp cancelling GC processes for this year there are still some AOS being processed for DV2020, is that right?
Considering this is true and the fact that the process for 2021 won't probably start this year, maybe there will be possibility to do at least AOS for some certain amount of people... I'm just thinking out loud, hoping I could get my GC earlier haha, but on the other hand I am afraid that this Covid situation and GC ban for 2020 will affect also dv2021, what if second wave will come and there will be another lockdown? Let me know what do you think about all of this...

Hi there! I am also a winner of the dv 2021 lottery and I am here in US on l1b visa. Nice to meet all of you Guys.

I've read some comment couple of pages before that despite of the Tramp cancelling GC processes for this year there are still some AOS being processed for DV2020, is that right?
Considering this is true and the fact that the process for 2021 won't probably start this year, maybe there will be possibility to do at least AOS for some certain amount of people... I'm just thinking out loud, hoping I could get my GC earlier haha, but on the other hand I am afraid that this Covid situation and GC ban for 2020 will affect also dv2021, what if second wave will come and there will be another lockdown? Let me know what do you think about all of this...

1. Yes. Go through the last couple of pages on the AOS 2020 thread to verify this yourself.
2. AOS process for DV2021 selectees will start in October this year, there’s nothing preventing the process from starting at the start of the FY like it always has.

1. Yes. Go through the last couple of pages on the AOS 2020 thread to verify this yourself.
2. AOS process for DV2021 selectees will start in October this year, there’s nothing preventing the process from starting at the start of the FY like it always has.
Thanks for reply.
1. Awesome.
2. I thought aos will be affected as well as the normal gc process through consular. As President Tramp said visas will be on hold till the end of the year. I will double check this information.

Thanks for reply.
1. Awesome.
2. I thought aos will be affected as well as the normal gc process through consular. As President Tramp said visas will be on hold till the end of the year. I will double check this information.
If you read the proclamation you will see it only applies to people outside the US seeking visas.

Wow so thats great news. I am curious then how it will affect AOS. I mean will we have to wait for visa bulletin or maybe all of us can ignore it and send the packsges right away..

Wow so thats great news. I am curious then how it will affect AOS. I mean will we have to wait for visa bulletin or maybe all of us can ignore it and send the packsges right away..
No, you can’t ignore the visa bulletin. Normal rules apply for all AOS, DV or otherwise, that you can only file AOS when your case is current.