• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Yes, If you go through some 2019AOS stories, there were some people asking about this but they got their GC without any problem.
and this is mom's explanation, about that
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2019-aos-only.337772/page-107#post-2493315
so you should be fine without that. (but remember, regardless of that, your spouse must be listed when you first enter the eDV entry (if you married by the time))
Yes, my wife was listed. I should be ok. Thank you! :)

I have received my DV payment receipt today.
So overall timeline for me was:
04/28 - Check has reached DoS - it was cashed the same day as stamp PAID shows this date.
05/13 - Envelope was sent back to me
05/19 - Envelope left Knoxville, TN
5/22 - Envelope with receipt reached my address - I'm in NY/NJ area.

EDIT: Just as a note, I didn't use any priority or tracking service for the envelope back, just the regular stamp.

Last edited:
This is excellent information for everybody. We learned that shipped date when KCC was saying is not same as USPS processing date.
I hope I can get mine tomorrow, since I am in NY area.

I have taken a little bit more thorough look at the actual receipt.
It's the same form, but it's not the one that I have sent and filled.
However-what's making me paranoid right now is that under Applicant's name, whoever wrote it down, my surname is not correct - it's shortened (I have 9 letters surname and here it's only like 5 letters followed by point as abbreviation)
Everything else seems correct, including a DV Case Number.
Should I be worried about that?

I have taken a little bit more thorough look at the actual receipt.
It's the same form, but it's not the one that I have sent and filled.
However-what's making me paranoid right now is that under Applicant's name, whoever wrote it down, my surname is not correct - it's shortened (I have 9 letters surname and here it's only like 5 letters followed by point as abbreviation)
Everything else seems correct, including a DV Case Number.
Should I be worried about that?
Mine came with the same one I filled (I used one of the attached file that came with 2NL email)
Did you filled the same form that came with 2NL email or did you copy the information from the Dos Website on a word document and filled it?

Mine came with the same one I filled (I used one of the attached file that came with 2NL email)
Did you filled the same form that came with 2NL email or did you copy the information from the Dos Website on a word document and filled it?
I have printed out DoS website ones and filled it by hand, because I have sent it before I have received the actual 2NL from KCC.

skip1,
Congratulation!
I got an email from USPS that mine will also be delivered soon. So, yeah, it's a little bit more than 3 weeks.
I also printed the form from the website and filled with hand, I will provide an update on how mine looks once I receive it.

I have one part of the I-944 form left, and still trying to figure out whether I'm supposed to answer any of these questions. So in Part 3. Your and Your Household Assets etc...., in the beginning, I have stated only myself as part of my household and provided an explanation why I'm not required to submit an annual tax return, and that as an F-1 I only file form 8843, as an international student who does not have an SSN nor Employment Authorization.
But from questions 2-8 in Part 3, am I supposed to fill "NO" on questions such as "Did any of your household income come from illegal activity" or like In question 6 " Will you or your household member continue to receive this income in the future?". In my situation, pretty much all of the questions related to Tax Returns and Annual Income, seem to be not applicable since I do not generate any income here but was wondering if every question should be answered with a "NO" whenever asked, and "N/A" whenever the question does not apply to me? Or should I just leave it blank, including numeric responses, or just type in "$0" ?

Thank you in advance!

I have one part of the I-944 form left, and still trying to figure out whether I'm supposed to answer any of these questions. So in Part 3. Your and Your Household Assets etc...., in the beginning, I have stated only myself as part of my household and provided an explanation why I'm not required to submit an annual tax return, and that as an F-1 I only file form 8843, as an international student who does not have an SSN nor Employment Authorization.
But from questions 2-8 in Part 3, am I supposed to fill "NO" on questions such as "Did any of your household income come from illegal activity" or like In question 6 " Will you or your household member continue to receive this income in the future?". In my situation, pretty much all of the questions related to Tax Returns and Annual Income, seem to be not applicable since I do not generate any income here but was wondering if every question should be answered with a "NO" whenever asked, and "N/A" whenever the question does not apply to me? Or should I just leave it blank, including numeric responses, or just type in "$0" ?

Thank you in advance!
Part 3 Q2 is a binary question (either yes or no) and you can't leave it blank. Even if you don't have any tax related income, you should select the best option that describe your situation.
Part3 Q3. You may leave this blank

skip1, I got my receipt, in the letter I found my printed form with my handwrittings with just a stamp saying PAID.
Yeah, God knows what happened with my original receipt :D
Honestly, since it's handwritten and can be explained as signature, I don't think I should worry, but to be on a safe side, I will probably send KCC mail to double check.
Thanks for letting me know :)

I received my NOA yesterday. Two separate NOAs for me and my wife. I had a previous A-Number from 2013 and I applied my current AOS package with that. However, in my NOA I see that I have been assigned a new A-Number, in the same sequence as my wife's.

Q: I thought A-Numbers are permanent? Is this an issue that USCIS issued me new A-Number and discarded my old one?

I received my NOA yesterday. Two separate NOAs for me and my wife. I had a previous A-Number from 2013 and I applied my current AOS package with that. However, in my NOA I see that I have been assigned a new A-Number, in the same sequence as my wife's.

Q: I thought A-Numbers are permanent? Is this an issue that USCIS issued me new A-Number and discarded my old one?

Not an issue. USCIS tend to do that.

Yeah, God knows what happened with my original receipt :D
Honestly, since it's handwritten and can be explained as signature, I don't think I should worry, but to be on a safe side, I will probably send KCC mail to double check.
Thanks for letting me know :)

Is the paid receipt you received in your handwriting?

No, just the envelope has my original handwriting.. The receipt inside is in someone else's.

Looks like the one you sent in met with some sort of “accident” at their hands :) Anyway, that’s not a problem, they’ll have you on record as having made the payment.

Looks like the one you sent in met with some sort of “accident” at their hands :) Anyway, that’s not a problem, they’ll have you on record as having made the payment.
Yeah, I assumed as well something like that happened :) Thanks for the feedback!