• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Update for those, who want to get their receipt from KCC by email (in order to send AOS package faster).
If it's already sent by mail, they won't send it by email unless it's lost (ask to wait 2 weeks).
Thus, you may want to ask them to send it by email a little bit earlier (before they send it by mail).
Just had a call with KCC and they told me that once they sent it by mail, they are not sending it by email without having to wait.

Please don’t encourage people to call KCC with the mind of by-passing an already established process. People just need to learn to wait. If someone decides to change to AOS at the last minute, compared to selecting AOS from the get go and doing things accordingly, they wouldn’t be putting themselves under this pressure of wanting/needing KCC to act on their case right away. That unfortunately is the price people have to pay.

Hi @Sm1smom
I have a question regarding the I944.

I am an F1 student, supported by my parents. To prove I can support myself if I ever get a green card, I am planning to include a "prospective job offer" from an employer that can offer me a position once I can work legally. What are your thoughts about this?

Also, as long as I do not start working, since I am still supported by my parents, do you think an I-134 affidavit could help ? Or no there is no need for it.

Thank you

As long as the prospective job offer is verifiable and genuine, it will be considered. And yes, get an I-134 in addition if you can, highly recommended.

Hi @Sm1smom
I am getting ready to send out my AOS package this week. I just wanted to make sure that sending multiple money orders is ok. I did a Moneygram money order so that I can track it but the maximum is $500. So I did 2 money orders of $500 and 1 money order of $225 for a total of $1225

Whoops I just saw that got cut off. The oath ceremony was originally scheduled for March sometime and they just got a notice for 3 June - interesting in itself as uscis is supposed to be closed till 4 June. No idea if this is MO specific, and I also don’t know where they do their oath ceremonies... haven't heard any others yet.
So, Salt Lake City, UT and Austin, TX are also reported scheduling oath ceremonies. Not sure about actual field office interviews but still a good sign that things are starting to move.

Hi,
Just wanna update some information.
I waited for 3 weeks to get my receipt back.
Even though I emailed to KCC to ask email receipt. Their response is need to wait specific day if I still not get it then email again. And they said they’ve mailed my receipt on May 13th. But when I track my number, USPS picked it up on May 19th. Just wanna share this information to those who are waiting for receipt. The process time need to take 3 weeks.

Hi mom! I wrote earlier that I could not answer you (accepts as spam). so I’ll ask you a question in the new thread.

Ok, thanks, I understand that our refusal is different from using early registration. Could you tell me if we send our case before June 1, how likely is it to refuse early registration, provided that our case has already been returned to us once because we sent it before the issuance of the visa bulletin, which indicates our number?

Hi mom! I wrote earlier that I could not answer you (accepts as spam). so I’ll ask you a question in the new thread.

Ok, thanks, I understand that our refusal is different from using early registration. Could you tell me if we send our case before June 1, how likely is it to refuse early registration, provided that our case has already been returned to us once because we sent it before the issuance of the visa bulletin, which indicates our number?

You’re comparing apples to oranges. One has nothing to do with other. Previous rejection (which was in order) will not be used in determining weather to accept a new filing based on the early filing memo. So I can’t tell you how likely or unlikely. Decide on your own if you want to take advantage of it or not. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheets to see what others have reported doing.

Hi,
Even though I emailed to KCC to ask email receipt. Their response is need to wait specific day if I still not get it then email again. And they said they’ve mailed my receipt on May 13th. But when I track my number, USPS picked it up on May 19th. Just wanna share this information to those who are waiting for receipt. The process time need to take 3 weeks.
When did you receive it?
I got email back this morning saying my receipt was mailed on May 13th, and to wait up until June 1st before contacting them again.

Hi,

Elva7918,
Thanks for valuable information.
KCC said my receipt was also sent out on May 13th. Since I forgot upgrading the stamp, I have no tracking information.
Q1. Did you use USPS priority mail with tracking or First class with tracking?
Q2. After picked up by USPS on May 19th, the tracking history looked very smooth and reasonable?
I live in NY area and postal service is really slow in NY/NJ area, due to COVID-19 issue. I guess you are not in this area.

Elva7918,
KCC said my receipt was also sent out on May 13th. Since I forgot upgrading the stamp, I have no tracking information.
Q2. After picked up by USPS on May 19th, the tracking history looked very smooth and reasonable?
I live in NY area and postal service is really slow in NY/NJ area, due to COVID-19 issue. I guess you are not in this area.
I am in that area (NJ). I just hope it won't be too delayed.

When did you receive it?
I got email back this morning saying my receipt was mailed on May 13th, and to wait up until June 1st before contacting them again.
I mailed my receipt to them on April 28th, and they said they mailed on May 13th. However, when I track my number, USPS picked it up on May 19 th. I got it on May 20th since I used priority mail.

Elva7918,
I mailed my receipt to them on April 28th, and they said they mailed on May 13th. However, when I track my number, USPS picked it up on May 19 th. I got it on May 20th since I used priority mail. I live in San Francisco Bay Area.

You’re comparing apples to oranges. One has nothing to do with other. Previous rejection (which was in order) will not be used in determining weather to accept a new filing based on the early filing memo. So I can’t tell you how likely or unlikely. Decide on your own if you want to take advantage of it or not. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheets to see what others have reported doing.
Thank you! I think it's better to wait until June

Hi @Sm1smom

Thank you for this forum and your answers.

I was selected on the DV lottery with CN#2020EU00034XXX.
I filled out all DS-260 in May 2019 and chose CP in my home country. In October 2019, I received a request for scans, which I sent a week later to KCC. I am in the United States legally, have visa L1, and stay here since November 2018, my wife and children, have visa L2, joined to me in September 2019. Due to the fact that now COVID-19 pandemic I am afraid that I can't get a GK via CP or AOS. Visa bulletin says that the current for June for EU zone 30k and the same 30k remain as a cutoff for July. Therefore, I wanted to ask if the cutoff for August will be 30k for Europe, can I switch to AOS and act according to the procedure in the spreadsheet?

Hi @Sm1smom

Thank you for this forum and your answers.

I was selected on the DV lottery with CN#2020EU00034XXX.
I filled out all DS-260 in May 2019 and chose CP in my home country. In October 2019, I received a request for scans, which I sent a week later to KCC. I am in the United States legally, have visa L1, and stay here since November 2018, my wife and children, have visa L2, joined to me in September 2019. Due to the fact that now COVID-19 pandemic I am afraid that I can't get a GK via CP or AOS. Visa bulletin says that the current for June for EU zone 30k and the same 30k remain as a cutoff for July. Therefore, I wanted to ask if the cutoff for August will be 30k for Europe, can I switch to AOS and act according to the procedure in the spreadsheet?

Based on EU being current since June VB was released, you can initiate AOS processing now. Of course you’ll need to start by letting KCC know you’re switching over to AOS.

Based on EU being current since June VB was released, you can initiate AOS processing now. Of course you’ll need to start by letting KCC know you’re switching over to AOS.

Sure, I've asked KCC about the possibility to switch to AOS, and they replied to me next:
==
you may be eligible to apply to the USCIS for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may not be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you must contact your local office to obtain instructions on how to make an appointment with your local office. When contacting your local office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin to view the current case numbers being processed.

===

next part-

If USCIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity visa processing fee of $330.00 per person directly to the Department of State. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay USCIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. The fee must be paid before the Department of State will transfer your case to USCIS. This fee cannot be refunded, even if your request to adjust status is not approved. Instructions for paying the Diversity Visa fee are available at

Once the DS-260 for the Principal Applicant has been submitted, the Interview Location can only be updated by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). Please send your request to KCCDV. You will need to include information that explains why you need the interview location changed. Unless they are in the U.S. and adjusting status, all applicants on the case will be scheduled for interview with the Principal Applicant. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed.

Last edited: