• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hey mom,
1) I sent an email on the 15th day after sending a payment.
2) Yes, all the emails that I send to KCC have a full name, DOB, CN of the principal applicant.
I have indicated in my first email that I sent payment 2 weeks ago.
Basically, the full text of my first email is:

Hello,

2 weeks ago I sent a DV administrative payment (330$ per person / 660$ total).

Can you please send me a copy of the DV payment receipt by email?
I have my complete AOS package that I want to send as soon as possible and the only missing piece is DV payment receipt.

Thank you!

Principal applicant's info:
Name: {Name}
DOB: {DOB}
Case Number: {CaseNumber}
So, I don't think I missed anything. Probably, currently, they are just not that attentive due to the probable increased number of inquires or pandemic consequences.

I actually just re-read the response you got. They confirmed it was already mailed out on the 15th. So yes, the rest of the response makes sense. They’ve confirmed mailing out the payment receipt, which is the typical process. Emailing the receipt is an exception usually for when they can see in their system the receipt is yet to be mailed or one tells them they never got the receipt after it was supposed to have been mailed. Clearly if you don’t get the mailed copy in the next two weeks, and reach out to them, they will email back a copy.

It makes sense. But, the original reason that I wrote them was that I want to send my AOS package ASAP and I wanted to get receipt earlier than in 2 weeks.
Thus, I was expecting them to additionally send it by email (considering that they save it in their system before mailing).
Cause, by waiting until June 5 I'm loosing two weeks. I will try again. Maybe they will just send it to me for me just to stop bothering them :)

We can send the check for the DS-260 fee before receiving a 2NL right?
Are you referring to $330 check that needs to be mailed to DoS? That's DV fee and yes, you should do it without any 2NL received (since 2NL is not guaranteed for AOS participants anyways).
Also bear in mind that it takes a while to receive receipt back and that receipt should be included in AOS package, so if you didn't do it already, you should probably get that done first. I read here that AOS package can be sent without it, and then you can bring the receipt with you on the interview though (but that requires you to attend the interview and can't be waived of it).

It makes sense. But, the original reason that I wrote them was that I want to send my AOS package ASAP and I wanted to get receipt earlier than in 2 weeks.
Thus, I was expecting them to additionally send it by email (considering that they save it in their system before mailing).
Cause, by waiting until June 5 I'm loosing two weeks. I will try again. Maybe they will just send it to me for me just to stop bothering them :)
I have not contacted them yet and I check has been delivered to DoS even on 4/28. I haven't received anything yet either btw. I will probably send them an email regarding that tomorrow.

I have not contacted them yet and I check has been delivered to DoS even on 4/28. I haven't received anything yet either btw. I will probably send them an email regarding that tomorrow.

For this I had included a overnight return envelope where it would also have a tracking number. So as soon as they sent it out, I knew where it was. I also checked if my personal check cleared my bank account. These are just some back doors to checking where the receipt stands in case you don't get a response from DOS.

You can get a free credit report here. https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
If you need one that also shows your credit score then you have to pay a one time fee of 12-15 dollars to one of the 3 credit score bureaus. I got mine from equifax.
I have recently opened up credit card (just last month) so as of now, only Transunion is reporting the credit score for me so I will have to use theirs.
I will check annualcreditreport then.

For this I had included a overnight return mail where it would also have a tracking number. So as soon as they sent it out, I knew where it was. I also checked if my personal check cleared my bank account. These are just some back doors to checking where the receipt stands in case you don't get a response from DOS.
Unfortunately, I used just the usual post stamp, so I have no way of tracking the actual package.
I will however see with my bank if check has been cashed. I have in the meantime this morning, sent them an email asking for a possible copy of receipt so I will keep this topic posted as soon as I get some answer from them.

Update:
I have created transunion account and generated a report. However, report doesn't state my credit score. So I paid additional $1 to display the score, but score is still don't displayed on the actual report.
Is this correct? How should I include proof of credit score in the documentation since it's not shown in credit report?

Update:
I have created transunion account and generated a report. However, report doesn't state my credit score. So I paid additional $1 to display the score, but score is still don't displayed on the actual report.
Is this correct? How should I include proof of credit score in the documentation since it's not shown in credit report?

Your credit card online account should show your credit score too, maybe include that? However your paid credit report should have shown it.

FYI on another forum saw that uscis has started some indications of reopening - someone in KCMO has their oath ceremony resch
Unfortunately, I used just the usual post stamp, so I have no way of tracking the actual package.
I will however see with my bank if check has been cashed. I have in the meantime this morning, sent them an email asking for a possible copy of receipt so I will keep this topic posted as soon as I get some answer from them.
hint for anything you need to send to a government department, IRS etc in future, always use tracking.

Update:
Enroll in experian free 30 day trial. You can get all three credit reports with credit score. You can include the one that has all information.

FYI on another forum saw that uscis has started some indications of reopening - someone in KCMO has their oath ceremony resch

hint for anything you need to send to a government department, IRS etc in future, always use tracking.
Wow, really great news about possible reopening - hopefully everything will work out.

As for tracking - this was literally the first time I used USPS since I am here. I didn't know how to include tracking for returning package - I did it just for initial delivery to DoS mailbox :D

Enroll in experian free 30 day trial. You can get all three credit reports with credit score. You can include the one that has all information.
Good idea, I'll try this way.

Hi @Sm1smom
I have a question regarding the I944.

I am an F1 student, supported by my parents. To prove I can support myself if I ever get a green card, I am planning to include a "prospective job offer" from an employer that can offer me a position once I can work legally. What are your thoughts about this?

Also, as long as I do not start working, since I am still supported by my parents, do you think an I-134 affidavit could help ? Or no there is no need for it.

Thank you

Please let me know when you get a chance. Thank you @Sm1smom

Whoops I just saw that got cut off. The oath ceremony was originally scheduled for March sometime and they just got a notice for 3 June - interesting in itself as uscis is supposed to be closed till 4 June. No idea if this is MO specific, and I also don’t know where they do their oath ceremonies... haven't heard any others yet.

As for tracking - this was literally the first time I used USPS since I am here. I didn't know how to include tracking for returning package - I did it just for initial delivery to DoS mailbox :D

Good idea, I'll try this way.

USPS people are helpful, ask if you don’t know which option to use!

Update for those, who want to get their receipt from KCC by email (in order to send AOS package faster).
If it's already sent by mail, they won't send it by email unless it's lost (ask to wait 2 weeks).
Thus, you may want to ask them to send it by email a little bit earlier (before they send it by mail).
Just had a call with KCC and they told me that once they sent it by mail, they are not sending it by email without having to wait.

Hi. When did you request that copy by email and how long it took to get the response? I sent my request this morning and only received the automatic response.. I sent to kccdv@state.gov

Hello there. They replied to me the next day, i.e. May 19, 2020. Please pay attention to the auto-reply. I had to resend my request because my original email to them didn't contain all information about me (DOB in my case).

DOS cashed my check on May 8, 2020 (they received it via USPS priority mail on May 4, 2020).

Last edited: