• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I also received the payment receipt today in NY area today!

On April 24th, I mailed DV lottery fee and the rerun mail was stamped at Knoxville, TN on May 19th.

In the envelop, I found just a form which was different from that I filled out and included in the original mail as SKIP1.
I used the form from the link, travel.state.gov page regarding AOS Fee payment
The form they used was the one included in 2NL email. Both forms are similar, but KCC used the form in 2NL email.

They spelled out my name, address, case number etc correctly, but they wrote different dollar amount for 2 people and corrected by ball point pen.
I can see $660 for 2 people, but this is not beautiful job. They put the stamp on the receipt.

Hello everyone,
Putting together my package. Few questions.
1) I have H1B visa, my wife (principal applicant) has H4. I have I-797 form for my H1B. Do I need to include a copy of this form to my wife's I-485 (as evidence of our status) or it's enough to have it just in my form?
2) Do I need to include 1NL, 2NL, winner letters to both forms I-485 that I send? My wife was selected and all these letters are addressed to her.
3) My wife was added to my bank account 3 months ago. Thus, on 3 last statements I have her name. Do you think it's better to include all the statements for her I-485 or only those that have her name and attach all 12 months to only my form?
4) Do I need to submit local passport (a form of ID in my country) in addition to international?
Thank you!

Is there anyone waiting for their number to get current? (14k Nepal)
-Submitted Ds-260
-Got 2nl for aos
-Paid $330 and got the receipt back
-Done with medical report because I thought my number will be current for July.
Losing hope day by day:(

Sushi666, I'm very sorry to hear that.
In fact, even though you are applying for AOS, those numbers for your country depend on both - CP and AOS applicants processed.
CP is not moving due to embassies being closed and EO. AOS is not moving due to USCIS being closed by June 4 for personal services.
I do hope, that when USCIS opens and processes some applications(issues GCs), your number will also become current.

Question,
Form I-944 has a question:
11. Do you have a U.S. credit report?
No. Provide a credit agency report that demonstrates that you don't have a credit report or score.

H4 visa holders are not eligible for SSN. All the credit bureaus require it to get a report.
Do you know any way I can acquire such a report that demonstrates that my wife doesn't have a report or score?

Question,
Form I-944 has a question:
11. Do you have a U.S. credit report?
No. Provide a credit agency report that demonstrates that you don't have a credit report or score.

H4 visa holders are not eligible for SSN. All the credit bureaus require it to get a report.
Do you know any way I can acquire such a report that demonstrates that my wife doesn't have a report or score?
In I-944 instruction "
If you do not have a credit report or credit score, provide documentation that demonstrates that you do not have a credit
report or score with a credit bureau"
I think providing you spouse's H4 visa it self a documentation to prove that no credit score is available.
Other than that i don't think any credit bureau provides a documentation of not having a file open with them

I just wanted to let other readers know that I have a similar timeline to that of other users and I mailed my AoS package yesterday. A lot of insecurities about it, but I'm probably just overanalyzing as I went through my documentation, the forms and the spreadsheet here a million times.

4/28/2020 - Paid DV administrative fee and sent the check to DoS
4/30/2020 - Physical exam
5/13/2020 - Picked up civil surgeon form, sealed
5/19/2020 - KCC 2NL
5/21/2020 - DV back receipt received
5/23/2020 - Sent AoS package

Hello!!! I have a few questions about the form i-485. I am filing as a student on OPT. In part 2 I chose filing as principal, but then at the end of part 2 they are asking to provide the Receipt Number of Underlying Petition (if any)? I`m not sure what that is should I just leave it blank?
Also, I`m doing my OPT right now. In the Affidavit section, should I chose that I am exempt because I have earned or can receive credit for 40 qualifying quarters (credits) of work in the United States and attach the SSA report?

My last question is can I pay the service fee of $330 now before I submit the package. Next month all numbers will be current and I assume, knowing that we can send the package already?

Hello @Sm1smom,

I have a question regarding Form I-944. The instructions say each applicant needs to submit his own form. We are a family of 4 with two children under 6. The form will be almost exactly the same (except order of names) for each of us (as you have to list each household member and family income stays the same). Does that mean I need to send each support document 4 times as well?

I know the form is quite new but what is your advise?

Hello!!! I have a few questions about the form i-485. I am filing as a student on OPT. In part 2 I chose filing as principal, but then at the end of part 2 they are asking to provide the Receipt Number of Underlying Petition (if any)? I`m not sure what that is should I just leave it blank?
Also, I`m doing my OPT right now. In the Affidavit section, should I chose that I am exempt because I have earned or can receive credit for 40 qualifying quarters (credits) of work in the United States and attach the SSA report?

My last question is can I pay the service fee of $330 now before I submit the package. Next month all numbers will be current and I assume, knowing that we can send the package already?

1. Write N/A - that section is not applicable to DV based AOS.
2. You’re not exempt. You’ve not earned nor earning the qualifying 40 quarters to be exempt.
3. You must make the $330 DV administrative fee payment payment before filing AOS - the payment receipt needs to be included with your AOS package.

p.s.
1. Number your questions (when you have more than one question in a post).
2. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hello @Sm1smom,

I have a question regarding Form I-944. The instructions say each applicant needs to submit his own form. We are a family of 4 with two children under 6. The form will be almost exactly the same (except order of names) for each of us (as you have to list each household member and family income stays the same). Does that mean I need to send each support document 4 times as well?

I know the form is quite new but what is your advise?

Treat each as an independent application, provide the applicable documents as if each person is applying alone - that is what I will do.

I will suggest not to send AOS package until your numbers goes current. But u can pay $330 and get the receipt soon.

Hey Mom, I have a question about the I-134 form. In Part 3, section 38 " I intend/ not intend to make specific contributions", first I would assume the answer would be "I intend". And then since there should be provided additional information about how the sponsor will contribute to the beneficiary, a response such as "I intend to contribute to the beneficiary's living expenses, such as rent, food, and other required living expenses until the person is eligible for employment authorization and starts making enough money to fully support themselves. ", would it be enough of a statement to demonstrate that the sponsor will be supporting me? Or should they be more specific about the amount of money I'm going to be given etc.. ?

Thank you in advance!

Hey Mom, I have a question about the I-134 form. In Part 3, section 38 " I intend/ not intend to make specific contributions", first I would assume the answer would be "I intend". And then since there should be provided additional information about how the sponsor will contribute to the beneficiary, a response such as "I intend to contribute to the beneficiary's living expenses, such as rent, food, and other required living expenses until the person is eligible for employment authorization and starts making enough money to fully support themselves. ", would it be enough of a statement to demonstrate that the sponsor will be supporting me? Or should they be more specific about the amount of money I'm going to be given etc.. ?

Thank you in advance!

Either response is fine. If they want to specify how they plan on supporting you, they can select “I intend” and explain how. If there’s no specific plan and they hope to support you on an as needed basis, they select “I do not”

Is this right that most of us who are filing in the second half of the fiscal year will have to push USCIS to bring our case on the table by contacting them many times and even resorting to reach out to congressman or congresswoman in our district and our case won't move forward if we wait it is being processed in a normal way?

Hello,

I just learned about this forum and went through the file from the first page. I hired a lawyer to procees my application as originally I planned to go via CP, but due to the virus and a travel ban I panicked and decided to go via AOS as I am already in the states.

My number is As21xxx. I am current in June. I sent DS 260 in February and indicated I will be going via CP. In may I decided to change it to AOS. The lawyer prepared the package but did not include the 330 diversity visa fee in it. The package has been sent already. When I asked the lawyer about it he said I don't need it as I'm doing AOS not CP. The package was sent in may but I'm not sure if the lawyer included request for early filing. The lawyer said that if they need anything else, they will ask for it.

At this point I wonder if there is a way I can drop the lawyer and do it myself. I am ok with immigration asking for additional documents, but I don't want them to schedule me for interview only to deny me because I didn't include the fee or request for early filing.

If it's possible to drop the lawyer can I send the new package with the 1.2k receipt from the previous package?

Anyone have any advice?

Is this right that most of us who are filing in the second half of the fiscal year will have to push USCIS to bring our case on the table by contacting them many times and even resorting to reach out to congressman or congresswoman in our district and our case won't move forward if we wait it is being processed in a normal way?

Some cases may require more follow ups and nudging than others, regardless of when the AOS petition was filed. Of course there’s more anxiety for those filing towards the end of the FY than for those who filed at the beginning. A good starting point is to use the timeline spreadsheets, both present and past, to get an idea of the average processing time for your applicable FO.