• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

This journey is so stressful and I am close to loose my mind.
From our situation I should have nothing to worry about but still I feel so anxious because I have the feeling if I forget one paper or skip another our case gets denied and there is nothing I can do about it. We are 4 people and it is so much paperwork. And then there is this irritation on what to provide. If we would have been able to do CP most of these documents would not be needed. And our situation is still better than any family still in Europe without US job and health insurance. My husband is no help, he thinks I am overthinking everything. What I do but I can`t help myself being stuck at home with 3 little kids.

So what is all this about? Well first I want to thank @Sm1smom and @Britsimon for all their help so far here and elsewhere. I feel completely lost and you provide so much information and help to navigate me and so many others through this jungle. Thank you so much!
Then I don`t have anybody who I can talk to. Family and friends don`t understand and have no idea about DV Lottery and Selectees from Europe have other worries.

I know I have little right to complain in these hard and confusing times but is anybody out there who has an idea what I am talking about and feels the same? Thanks for everybody reading this far!

Just hang in there and try not to stress over anything you have no control of. Yes, easier said than done, but it’s the best thing you can do for yourself.

I do understand that people with generally high CNs often tend to be missing their 2NLs and Administrative DV Fee receipt before sending the AOS package, due to applying later. I do remember from previous years that a lot of people either did not receive a 2NL, nor have attached a copy of the receipt in the AOS package, but have shown them during the interview later on (mainly the receipt). It has been 3 weeks since I have submitted 260 and paid the DV fee, and haven't received anything, based on other people's experience I should expect the receipt by the end of June. Would it be a problem if I leave a note and explain that the receipt will be shown at the interview? I know a lot of people have done it, but has anyone received an RFE due to the DV payment receipt missing in the packet? I don't want to lose 3 weeks waiting for the receipt if sending the packet without it wouldn't cause problems. Do you think that might be an issue?

Kentavar2397, if you submitted your payment 3 weeks ago, you are likely to receive your receipt very soon.
We have discussed it on the last few pages, a few people there said that they got it within 3-4 weeks.
I got mine within 3 weeks. You can send an email or call KCC to ask if they received your payment and when they sent a receipt.
Usually, they will be able to provide you with the information on the date when they sent it.
It took 1 week from the day they sent it for me to have it in my postal box.

Great, while going through my documents I found that in my previous University back in 2016 I was awarded a private scholarship which I completely forgot about, it is funded by a private organization for student support. I remember I wasn't able to apply for FAFSA and any of these grants as an international student, but only this private scholarship was available at the time and they rewarded me. I remember now that I have been using it for 6 months and then it was discontinued. I don't know if this type of scholarship falls under any of the "public benefits" sections in the I-944, nor I can find any specific information about whether private school scholarships are considered a public charge related to the new form. If anyone has any idea would appreciate it if you can share something. Now I'm getting stressed cause if this relates to any of the public benefits section, it may heavily affect my case in a negative way...

Thank you in advance!

Scholarship does not fall under public benefits

Thank you for the fast response, Mom. So I should put "NO" on the question " Have you ever applied for any of the following public benefits......."? This got me really worried, since I have never used any other forms of public benefits, nor I am allowed to, even fee waivers. But accidentally saw the scholarship letter and got scared that it may apply as a public benefit.

The lawyer mailed the package on may 19th

Package was mailed less than a week ago, that explains the non NOA receipt for now. Anyway, either of two things will happen:
1. The Chicago Lockbox rejects your package as incomplete and sends it back, in which case you’ll re-file and ensure you include the payment receipt.
2. The AOS package is accepted by the Chicago Lockbox, in which case you take the payment receipt along to your interview. The risk with this option:
a. AOS petition may be denied without an interview if the IO decides to use their discretion in following a 2018 directive that encouraged them to deny incomplete petitions without issuing a RFE (the directive asked them to treat petitions without certain pertinent documents as time wasting placeholders to enable USCIS improve on processing time).
b. If your IO was considering approving your I-485 without an interview, they will not be able to do so. They will be forced to schedule you for an interview in that case.

So keep your fingers crossed and hope in the worst case scenario, you’re given the opportunity to present the receipt at interview.

Thank you for the fast response, Mom. So I should put "NO" on the question " Have you ever applied for any of the following public benefits......."? This got me really worried, since I have never used any other forms of public benefits, nor I am allowed to, even fee waivers. But accidentally saw the scholarship letter and got scared that it may apply as a public benefit.

Is “scholarship” listed under the “any of the following public benefits”?

Good evening,

Could anyone please tell me if I need to state myself as a Preparer in the forms (I-495, I-944 etc) I filled-in for my kids (both are under 14 yo) or should I leave that part blank?

Thank you.

Good evening,

Could anyone please tell me if I need to state myself as a Preparer in the forms (I-495, I-944 etc) I filled-in for my kids (both are under 14 yo) or should I leave that part blank?

Thank you.

It’s really straightforward. You filled out the forms on behalf of your kids, you indicate so:

“Part 12. Contact Information, Declaration, and Signature of the Person Preparing this Application, if Other Than the Applicant. This section must contain the signature of the person who completed your application, if other than you, the applicant.“

I am still having problems with verifying my IRS account with my phone number. I did everything - switched to postpaid, updated my caller ID, waited the mandatory 72 hrs that's supposedly necessary for the systems to get in sync - and still nothing, i'm getting the same error message as before. This is really frustrating - does anyone have any idea how should this be solved?

It’s really straightforward. You filled out the forms on behalf of your kids, you indicate so:

“Part 12. Contact Information, Declaration, and Signature of the Person Preparing this Application, if Other Than the Applicant. This section must contain the signature of the person who completed your application, if other than you, the applicant.“

Thank you v much for the response @Sm1smom

The closer I get, the more nervous I am... scared to miss smth...:(

Greetings everyone,

I have a rather silly question. What do I write in the "pay to the order of" line when filling out a personal check for a filing fee? Should I write "USCIS" there?

Hello everyone! I finally got my DV fee receipt today may 26, i sent the money order on april 27th, they received it on may 1st, the paid stamp say may 07.. I'm going to send my AOS package tomorrow, then wait and pray..

reachingthesummit, please make sure you read the instructions on the official page.
Use the following guidelines when you prepare your checks or money orders for the Form I-485 filing fee and biometric services fee: 1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency; and 2. Make the checks or money orders payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. NOTE: Spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials “USDHS” or “DHS.”
https://www.uscis.gov/i-485
See the instructions link.

Hi Folks!

Today I had the check cashed and an USCIS text on my phone saying we the case was received, and that I am to expect a I-797 soon!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to see in the timeline spreadsheet that FO's processing times somehow reflect how densely populated that area of the US is, hence how much "foot traffic" that specific FO gets (higher in CA and NY for example). If this feeling is accurate I think I'm in luck being my FO in a rural area where not a lot of foreign nationals live. At which point will "central" USCIS be out of the loop, and I will be only referring to my FO? When is the package I sent physically moved from Chicago to my state? is my FO organizing my biometrics appointment or is Chicago?

In about 200 hours FOs should be up and running again
timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20200604T09&p0=%3A&msg=USCIS+FO+reopening&font=cursive
Stay strong everyone!

Marco Rossi, if it's how it works, then I'm probably not in the best situations since I'm in Phoenix area.
By the way, you can get a good understanding of what each establishment in the spreadsheet.
NBC_LOCKBOX_FO page
This answers the questions who organize bio etc