• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

According to an article from a USCIS source, it takes, on average, 10 days for National Benefits Center (NBC) to ship DV lottery cases to local field office.
So why do we see some cases get stuck in NBC for several months before they are shipped to the local field office? Shouldn't all of them be treated the same?

Hi @Sm1smom
USCIS requested evidence that proves I attended my college and have maintained F1 status. All documents must be in a sealed envelope from the school.
Now here is the problem. No one is in the college because of the covid 19 and cannot provide documents in a sealed envelope. The international office wrote this:
Dear USCIS Officer:

This email is to confirm that Giovanna Lombardo (SEVIS ID xxxxx) has been an F1 international student at Norwalk Community College since the Fall 2015 semester (8/31/2015) and has maintained her F1 status as required. She has attended and made the progress as expected. Her anticipated graduation with an Associate degree in Business Administration is 12/31/2020.

Please note that Norwalk Community College is currently closed due to COVID-19 and all operations have been moved to the online format. I hope you can accept this email as an official letter confirming the student's current status, which would have been otherwise prepared as directed if the circumstances allowed for it.
Should you have any questions, please contact me via email xxxxxxxx

What can I do in this situation? Do you think they will accept it? I will add the last I 20, Academic transcript, my School ID, last student schedule/bill but it won't be in a sealed envelope. They should know that college is closed

Hi @Sm1smom
USCIS requested evidence that proves I attended my college and have maintained F1 status. All documents must be in a sealed envelope from the school.
Now here is the problem. No one is in the college because of the covid 19 and cannot provide documents in a sealed envelope. The international office wrote this:
Dear USCIS Officer:

This email is to confirm that Giovanna Lombardo (SEVIS ID xxxxx) has been an F1 international student at Norwalk Community College since the Fall 2015 semester (8/31/2015) and has maintained her F1 status as required. She has attended and made the progress as expected. Her anticipated graduation with an Associate degree in Business Administration is 12/31/2020.

Please note that Norwalk Community College is currently closed due to COVID-19 and all operations have been moved to the online format. I hope you can accept this email as an official letter confirming the student's current status, which would have been otherwise prepared as directed if the circumstances allowed for it.

What can I do in this situation? Do you think they will accept it? I will add the last I 20, Academic transcript, my School ID, last student schedule/bill but it won't be in a sealed envelope. They should know that college is closed

Print out the email and all the other documents you mentioned above and mail them back, there’s nothing else you can do if your school isn’t able to provide you with an actual letter on the school’s letterhead. (Personally I feel they still could have provided that and mailed it to you at home, even if school is closed due to COVID-19). Just make sure you include all your I-20 from 2015 to date, not just the most recent one. Also i recommend including evidence of all school bill payments from 2015.

Wondering though, did you include all these documents in your AOS package?

It’s great to hear that your case is moving!! I think I’m about to go crazy here.. 7 month is too long.

I’m not sure about your school, but every college has responded differently regarding being physically present on campus. Maybe that’s the reason why they asked it to be a sealed envelope.

I also was wondering if you included proof of enrollment in school with your package?

Print out the email and all the other documents you mentioned above and mail them back, there’s nothing else you can do if your school isn’t able to provide you with an actual letter on the school’s letterhead. (Personally I feel they still could have provided that and mailed it to you at home, even if school is closed due to COVID-19). Just make sure you include all your I-20 from 2015 to date, not just the most recent one. Also i recommend including evidence of all school bill payments from 2015.

Wondering though, did you include all these documents in your AOS package?
Yes except the last I 20. The school sent to me but I assume that the mail man doesn't t go to the college to pick up emails. After 1 week, still did not arrive. I went to the post office as well to make them aware of this issue but nothing

Hi @Sm1smom
Dear USCIS Officer:

Have you previously sent them your I-20, Academic transcript etc?
I was planning on sending them:
I-20
Academic Transcript
All the necessary documentation regarding my student employment
Enrollment Verification from school website

But these are all documents that I have personally gathered. Now you got me worried since I probably won't be able to have all of that in a sealed envelope.

Have you previously sent them your I-20, Academic transcript etc?
I was planning on sending them:
I-20
Academic Transcript
All the necessary documentation regarding my student employment
Enrollment Verification from school website

But these are all documents that I have personally gathered. Now you got me worried since I probably won't be able to have all of that in a sealed envelope.
Yes, I sent everything except for the last I 20 because back in November was still valid my previous

Yes, I sent everything except for the last I 20 because back in November was still valid my previous
I've written to my DSO to see her opinion on this, although I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get it in an sealed envelope either.

Thanks

I've written to my DSO to see her opinion on this, although I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get it in an sealed envelope either.

Thanks

You do realize this is not a standard practice? Every exception you guys read about doesn’t necessarily apply to all.

You do realize this is not a standard practice? Every exception you guys read about doesn’t necessarily apply to all.
I didn't realize this was an exception. That's why I asked if she has already provided the usual documents.

I didn't realize this was an exception. That's why I asked if she has already provided the usual documents.

So maybe you should have clarified that first before rushing over and writing your DSO for her opinion considering your DSO is not an immigration officer as a matter of fact.

So maybe you should have clarified that first before rushing over and writing your DSO for her opinion considering your DSO is not an immigration officer as a matter of fact.
Maybe I didn't express myself properly - I didn't write to my DSO to have her opinion about immigration related stuff. I just wanted to double check with her if she can provide me with my status in a sealed envelope if I requested it, given the current situation.

idk if it would be irrelevant, but i am quite excited and positive the USCIS will re-open finally given they have added guidelines for entering USCIS facilities today.

AOS2020, yes, it's a good sign. Did you find a page where it says which exactly offices will be open? I tried to follow a chain of links that just led me to an alert message that doesn't have this information.

AOS2020, yes, it's a good sign. Did you find a page where it says which exactly offices will be open? I tried to follow a chain of links that just led me to an alert message that doesn't have this information.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-preparing-resume-public-services-june-4
https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings
https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-covid-19

here you go, for the guidelines,, abt the office nthn in precise posted yet, hopefully soon ll find out that too.

Couple of questions:
1) When translating a document, is it necessary to have translator's certificate at the bottom of every page of the translated document or just on a last page?
2) My property appraisal has been done in EUR currency. I will use google for currency exchange. Should I (and if yes, where) include the currency exchange rate and date that I have used for this? Should this be a separate note?

Thanks

Couple of questions:
1) When translating a document, is it necessary to have translator's certificate at the bottom of every page of the translated document or just on a last page?
2) My property appraisal has been done in EUR currency. I will use google for currency exchange. Should I (and if yes, where) include the currency exchange rate and date that I have used for this? Should this be a separate note?

Thanks

1. Certified statement does not need to be on every page of a particular document. It can be attached to the last page.
2. Please use your discretion.