• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share my experience and to ask for your thoughts.
My CN is EU24xxx, so today my number became current for May. As I haven't received the email confirming my documents are ok, I called today to check the status of my case. I sent the documents TWICE, once on Dec 16, 2019 to kccdvdocuments, and again on March 1, 2020 to kccdvdocument and to kccdv, as BritSimon suggested, and both times I received the auto reply confirming the receipt of my emails. Despite all these, the lady I talked to today told me she can not see any documents for my CN! She suggested to send the documents again to both emails mentioned above and check in about one week. I did this and after a few hours I called again to see if the documents finally reached KCC. Another lady confirmed that she can now see the documents and she explained that my intervie will be scheduled for JULY, as my CN is current for May, so in May I should receive the 2NL for the interview (!!!????). I tried to explain to her that, as far as I know, being current in May means that the interview could be scheduled for May if all documents have been processed and are ok, but she insisted that the interview will be scheduled for July So, what do you think, because I am totally confused?

Does Europe has a chance now on higher cases like mine? EU3949X? I’m a little bit confused and nervous about that paragraph with retrogression .
Thanks

I am so concerned about EU situation :/ my country is not affected yet, interviews are still going but who knows what will happen :(

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to share my experience and to ask for your thoughts.
My CN is EU24xxx, so today my number became current for May. As I haven't received the email confirming my documents are ok, I called today to check the status of my case. I sent the documents TWICE, once on Dec 16, 2019 to kccdvdocuments, and again on March 1, 2020 to kccdvdocument and to kccdv, as BritSimon suggested, and both times I received the auto reply confirming the receipt of my emails. Despite all these, the lady I talked to today told me she can not see any documents for my CN! She suggested to send the documents again to both emails mentioned above and check in about one week. I did this and after a few hours I called again to see if the documents finally reached KCC. Another lady confirmed that she can now see the documents and she explained that my intervie will be scheduled for JULY, as my CN is current for May, so in May I should receive the 2NL for the interview (!!!????). I tried to explain to her that, as far as I know, being current in May means that the interview could be scheduled for May if all documents have been processed and are ok, but she insisted that the interview will be scheduled for July So, what do you think, because I am totally confused?

She was correct. You could not be scheduled for May if your documents were not with KCC (or the documents department) before March began. You and not "entitled" in some way to have a May interview held for you. If they process the documents in March, then you could possibly get a June interview, but given workload and staff impacts through Coronavirus that may not be possible - so by setting your expectation for a July interview, the representative did the right thing.

1. No
2. KCC

OK, so then there was some confusion. KCC do NOT tell people specifics, they tell people what they might need - and not always with 100% accuracy. They normally mention these decisions to be at the discretion of the CO (which is accurate). So - you should not take their comments (whatever they were) as being told to do something in an "official" capacity - not that having an extra police cert would cause any harm.

Does Europe has a chance now on higher cases like mine? EU3949X? I’m a little bit confused and nervous about that paragraph with retrogression .
Thanks

If the current process teaches us anything it should be to stop trying to expect solid predictions!

OK, so then there was some confusion. KCC do NOT tell people specifics, they tell people what they might need - and not always with 100% accuracy. They normally mention these decisions to be at the discretion of the CO (which is accurate). So - you should not take their comments (whatever they were) as being told to do something in an "official" capacity - not that having an extra police cert would cause any harm.
Unfortunately, they have not scheduled my case. It still show the at NVC status.

Unfortunately, they have not scheduled my case. It still show the at NVC status.

No 2NLs have been sent out for this month yet - and obviously there is going to be some confusion about what embassies will take appointments and so on.

Reactions: YTM
Hi Everyone, thanks for all your work.
not really a question, just wanted to give everyone an update.

My CN is EU34xxx (hopefully current in June). I selected Naples, Italy for my CP in the DS260, and now I have every reason to believe that Naples' embassy won't be operative for months as Italy is on shutdown. I called to ask to be moved to a different embassy (Mexico or Canada would be best as I currently work in the US under H1B visa) but they said it can't be done. They told me not to worry: if Naples is closed they'll automatically assign me somewhere else. I still feel sketchy about this: My documents haven't been processed yet (it's been 6 weeks since I sent them), why wouldn't they unlock the DS260 and let me change my selection?

Also, since I work within a few hundred miles to KCC and my place of work is moving towards smart working and talking about suspending operations, I asked if KCC was having similar issues. They said that they haven't heard anything from management and for them it's just business as usual.

Thoughts?

Hi Everyone, thanks for all your work.
not really a question, just wanted to give everyone an update.

My CN is EU34xxx (hopefully current in June). I selected Naples, Italy for my CP in the DS260, and now I have every reason to believe that Naples' embassy won't be operative for months as Italy is on shutdown. I called to ask to be moved to a different embassy (Mexico or Canada would be best as I currently work in the US under H1B visa) but they said it can't be done. They told me not to worry: if Naples is closed they'll automatically assign me somewhere else. I still feel sketchy about this: My documents haven't been processed yet (it's been 6 weeks since I sent them), why wouldn't they unlock the DS260 and let me change my selection?

Also, since I work within a few hundred miles to KCC and my place of work is moving towards smart working and talking about suspending operations, I asked if KCC was having similar issues. They said that they haven't heard anything from management and for them it's just business as usual.

Thoughts?

Why did you not go through AOS???

Simon, thanks for your reply

My CN was rather high, and several people have mentioned how backlogged and slow USCIS is. I was afraid to hit the September deadline. besides I always go to Italy in summers, so I thought I'd avoid the extra 1000 dollars fee. who could have known a pandemic would have spread?

Simon, thanks for your reply

My CN was rather high, and several people have mentioned how backlogged and slow USCIS is. I was afraid to hit the September deadline. besides I always go to Italy in summers, so I thought I'd avoid the extra 1000 dollars fee. who could have known a pandemic would have spread?

That was not a wise decision as it turns out. Really the speed advantage that CP used to have over AOS is largely done now due to the documents procedure.

She was correct. You could not be scheduled for May if your documents were not with KCC (or the documents department) before March began. You and not "entitled" in some way to have a May interview held for you. If they process the documents in March, then you could possibly get a June interview, but given workload and staff impacts through Coronavirus that may not be possible - so by setting your expectation for a July interview, the representative did the right thing.

This is so tricky ;/ how can we make sure that our documents are processed on time? KCC can see docs only when case number is current, but by the time my CN can become current, it will be already too late to fix if something is wrong :/

This is so tricky ;/ how can we make sure that our documents are processed on time? KCC can see docs only when case number is current, but by the time my CN can become current, it will be already too late to fix if something is wrong :/

Yep - which is why it is important to check what you had sent and then do what you can to nudge them along. But you cannot make certain that everything will be fine. There are too many things going on - and these are things you cannot control, so you have to relax as best you can and wait and see what happens.