• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

If May inrerviews are being cancelled too, it means it's the end of the road for all others with higher case numbers as March, April and May interviews will be in June, July and August...

Hi!
I am a selected of dv2020. My Cn is 27k. I received my confirmation email about documents 13 of March. I know my interview will be in June thanks a phone call to KCC, a few days ago.
Now I am seeing that May interviews has been cancelled few hours ago.
Why that? It should depends on embassys closure so 2NL were sent back to KCC and they sent that email?
I am in Italy. Do you think I will go in June and March, April, May interviews will go after mine? Do you expect they did also my interview or I lose my chance?
I am very sad, I don’t know what think..
I don’t know how they could reschedulate them, I hope you will know more about that!

Hello everyone,
I have a case number 32k (Europe - Ukraine).
Currently, I'm working in the US.
I read the messages above and the news on the embassies website (that they suspend all non-emergency appointments).
Unfortunately(probably?), I chose consular processing instead of AOS.
Do you think I have more chances if I try to go with AOS? Before I applied I read that AOS was usually longer then CP, but since it now seems the only option. Isn't it too late to try applying for AOS? Is there anyone in a similar situation?

Hello everyone,
I have a case number 32k (Europe - Ukraine).
Currently, I'm working in the US.
I read the messages above and the news on the embassies website (that they suspend all non-emergency appointments).
Unfortunately(probably?), I chose consular processing instead of AOS.
Do you think I have more chances if I try to go with AOS? Before I applied I read that AOS was usually longer then CP, but since it now seems the only option. Isn't it too late to try applying for AOS? Is there anyone in a similar situation?

Hi, I am literally exactly in the same situation. EU 34k. all mods have already strongly recommended that I do move to AOS,and KCC confirmed it's allowable.

however both CP and AOS are now stopped, because USCIS FOs are not doing interviews just like the embassies right now... I still think EU will soon recover from the virus while the US are just getting into it know.

keep me posted on what you choose to do. I am still terribly conflicted. we have about another two weeks to make the decision.

When requesting to unlock DS260, do I need to specify the reason, or should I just ask to unlock? Thanks

It's ok, I read BritSimon's blog.

Last edited:
Hello house,
I have an interview scheduled in first week of April in Ghana(Accra) with my husband but due to the global situation at hand, The Accra embassy has closed down until further notice so I contacted them an I was asked to send them my Case number, Name and Appointment Letter for assistance.
I've done as said but haven't heard from them till date.
1. Is there a risk in sending my appointment letter to them via support-ghana@ustraveldocs.com
2. Do I have to proceed and go to the embassy on my scheduled day with my husband since am not getting a response from them ???
Thank you
Advice

Hello house,
I have an interview scheduled in first week of April in Ghana(Accra) with my husband but due to the global situation at hand, The Accra embassy has closed down until further notice so I contacted them an I was asked to send them my Case number, Name and Appointment Letter for assistance.
I've done as said but haven't heard from them till date.
1. Is there a risk in sending my appointment letter to them via support-ghana@ustraveldocs.com
2. Do I have to proceed and go to the embassy on my scheduled day with my husband since am not getting a response from them ???
Thank you
Advice

I think you should go to embassy on your scheduled if they do not inform you that the interview is cancelled.

I don't think you should go to the Embassy, considering the global crisis if they said send them your invitation letter and its authentic, go ahead and send it. Also call them for clarification, Actually call them first. Our interview was supposed to be on 18th March. We received a general Email notification that the Embassy has canceled all immigrant and none-visa interviews. I called the Embassy on 16th they told me that after the interview date passed interview i will see missed interview options on the scheduling portal. On 19th it was there i choose missed interview specified the reason. Now last week i received another email saying an update has been done and ready to rechedule and i will be notified when the Emabssy resumes conducting interviews.

I don't think you should go to the Embassy, considering the global crisis if they said send them your invitation letter and its authentic, go ahead and send it. Also call them for clarification, Actually call them first. Our interview was supposed to be on 18th March. We received a general Email notification that the Embassy has canceled all immigrant and none-visa interviews. I called the Embassy on 16th they told me that after the interview date passed interview i will see missed interview options on the scheduling portal. On 19th it was there i choose missed interview specified the reason. Now last week i received another email saying an update has been done and ready to rechedule and i will be notified when the Emabssy resumes conducting interviews.
If they resume... it has been extended to May 3rd now and given the situation globally and specially in the USA I don't foresee any relief in the upcoming weeks or months. I don't want to be pessimistic but the hope is starting to dwindle
I hope the epideminc will not change your situation, specially for those who are close and became current recently or have been scheduled

If they resume... it has been extended to May 3rd now and given the situation globally and specially in the USA I don't foresee any relief in the upcoming weeks or months. I don't want to be pessimistic but the hope is starting to dwindle
I hope the epideminc will not change your situation, specially for those who are close and became current recently or have been scheduled

please don’t confuse the USCIS closure (3rd May) with Department of State (embassies). DoS has not given an estimated time to reopen, and this will probably not be blanket but differ by embassy when they do, depending on the local circumstances in each country wrt lockdown etc.

Not sure why you are so pessimistic, even if they only go back in June that’s still 4 months to issue visas in. I would expect at least some countries to start issuing sooner again.

please don’t confuse the USCIS closure (3rd May) with Department of State (embassies). DoS has not given an estimated time to reopen, and this will probably not be blanket but differ by embassy when they do, depending on the local circumstances in each country wrt lockdown etc.

Not sure why you are so pessimistic, even if they only go back in June that’s still 4 months to issue visas in. I would expect at least some countries to start issuing sooner again.
I was looking for the link to attach in my previous post, I found it now
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/suspension-of-routine-visa-services.html
Although it does not specify any time to reopen, I think "at least may 4th" is a commun decision everywhere like schools, embassies,...

I'm not specifically pessimistic, I'm trying to be realistic as the situation is getting worst. Most of the countries are reporting that the worst will be in the next 2 weeks, if that's true I expect the pandemic to slow down and see things to come back to normal

I was looking for the link to attach in my previous post, I found it now
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/suspension-of-routine-visa-services.html
Although it does not specify any time to reopen, I think "at least may 4th" is a commun decision everywhere like schools, embassies,...

I'm not specifically pessimistic, I'm trying to be realistic as the situation is getting worst. Most of the countries are reporting that the worst will be in the next 2 weeks, if that's true I expect the pandemic to slow down and see things to come back to normal
Yeah, but you’re hinging May 4 based on local circumstances in the US. It’s different overseas. (A school in California and an embassy in Jakarta obviously have different factors affecting them, I don’t see how you even link schools in the US with embassies...) Example my home country consulate was still holding appointments for and issuing immigrant visas a couple of weeks after others had stopped all visa issuance. Lockdown in the US (and when it is lifted) will affect USCIS operations differently than those Embassies in different countries.

the bottom line is, you can have whatever opinion you want obviously, but please don’t claim an “official” date for one thing applies across everything else. The DoS itself has a statement (on the H2 page but clearly with general meaning) that does not fit with any notion of a blanket date:

Consular resources and local government restrictions vary widely, and each consular section is continuously reviewing its capacity to adjudicate visa applications during this worldwide pandemic. We encourage applicants to consult with the relevant U.S. embassy or consulate in order to confirm the level of services currently offered. Our overseas missions will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

Hey Marco,
Do you have any updates?
Considering the current situation in the US, I will stay with CP.
Both approaches are in danger now, but considering the sad situation that the US is experiencing I believe there are more chances in CP.
But, we will see soon.

Hi everyone,
I've submitted my 260 form and my documents to KCC as well, is it possible to unlock my DS260 if my interview is not scheduled yet?

Hello everyone, how are you doing? Are you safe and sound?

Do you have information if people are getting emails regarding their documents being processed?

I have a rather high CN (EU43k) and I have submitted my documents ~6 weeks ago. Does it make sense to ask KCC if my documents are complete? If things go back to normal, I won't have any time for a delay. What do you think?

I have a rather high CN (EU43k) and I have submitted my documents ~6 weeks ago. Does it make sense to ask KCC if my documents are complete? If things go back to normal, I won't have any time for a delay. What do you think?

No need, they can't see your documents until your case number is current.