• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

This is not true. My CN is EU30***. I received an email a month ago that my documents are ok, and my number is not current yet.

We are talking about 47k case number, he will receive auto reply from them they wont give him answer for docs, I received the same and I’m EU35k.

You received docs confirmation because your number is about to become current.

Interesting, I sent the documents back in November for my case (32xxx), but haven't heard from KCC since then.
I will request the status from them.

By the way, for European countries where the embassies were closed, is it possible to move the interview to a different country with a better COVID19 situation and where the embassy may still be functioning? (e.g. Canada).

On their website, I can see that their capacity is limited, but I don't see anything saying that they only do essential appointments.

Interesting, I sent the documents back in November for my case (32xxx), but haven't heard from KCC since then.
I will request the status from them.

By the way, for European countries where the embassies were closed, is it possible to move the interview to a different country with a better COVID19 situation and where the embassy may still be functioning? (e.g. Canada).

On their website, I can see that their capacity is limited, but I don't see anything saying that they only do essential appointments.
I live in Canada, the embassy has canceled all immigrant and non immigrant visa interviews. They did not specify any time when they will resume the normal service and by the way the situation in Canada is not good. Regardless, I don't think you can choose any country

WBA,
I'm sorry to hear about the situation in Canada.
Let's hope it will get better soon.

The reason why I consider this option (another country) is because when I filled DS-260 there was an option (AOS / Consulate) and ability to choose a country for CP.

I think they closed almost all embassies globally, at the very least for non-emergency stuff like the DV visa lottery. We will have to wait and see I think how the situation develops, if/when embassies re-open as the situation in countries locally improves. Usually changing the embassy for CP is only allowed in specific situations, for example if you are moving to a different country before your interview. You need to have a valid reason to change country for CP.
I think it will be unlikely they will allow you to switch embassies to another country because of COVID. First of all, it would be very difficult to travel internationally in the next few weeks/months, as most countries have closed borders or severely restricted (air)travel. For example, my EU country is currently banning non-essential travel to the neighboring EU countries despite similar/better COVID conditions. Furthermore, when the first few countries re-open embassies, they would have the back-log of people from their own country to deal with. If they allowed people to change CP location to those embassies during the first few weeks/months when many other embassies are still closed, they would be flooded with cases. Worse, this would result in an increase in international travel from countries in the midst of outbreaks to countries that have just recovered. Therefore, I think it will be unlikely that they will allow people to change embassies to countries that aren't as affected.

WBA,
I'm sorry to hear about the situation in Canada.
Let's hope it will get better soon.

The reason why I consider this option (another country) is because when I filled DS-260 there was an option (AOS / Consulate) and ability to choose a country for CP.
You have to be resident in a country to interview there.

Hi everyone! I just learned that even if you qualify with your education, you’ll still have to have a better work experience as well if not, you’ll be deemed a public charge and you can be denied the visa so I want to know if it’s true or not.

Hi!
I should receive my 2NL in April for June interview, but Now KCC stopped to send them because of Covid19.
Do you think there is a chance to receive it before the end of dv lottery 2020? Or will my dream end here?

Hi!
I should receive my 2NL in April for June interview, but Now KCC stopped to send them because of Covid19.
Do you think there is a chance to receive it before the end of dv lottery 2020? Or will my dream end here?
We all ask the same question. No one can tell
I was going to get the 2NL by end of March for an interview in May

Oups ! Really no one can tell us about this ? What will happens if until sept, 30 2020, no interview and changing come on ?

Oups ! Really no one can tell us about this ? What will happens if until sept, 30 2020, no interview and changing come on ?

No one here can tell you or anyone here with certainty when the next batch of 2NL will go out or when the embassies will resume interviews because
1. This current situation is an unusual one, no predecessor to compare it to
2. No one here works for KCC or DHS
So you’ll just have to wait and see. If no interview/approval by Sept 30th COB, there will be a lot of very sad and disappointed 2020 selectees. It basically means the end of that dream for them as they will no longer be processed.

Hi everyone! I just learned that even if you qualify with your education, you’ll still have to have a better work experience as well if not, you’ll be deemed a public charge and you can be denied the visa so I want to know if it’s true or not.

it may or may not be true, public charge is assessed on individual circumstances, there is no one answer that works for everyone. Example: Someone who just finished high school and has no work experience will probably be looked at differently who finished high school ten years ago but has never worked, who again will be looked at differently than someone who finished high school ten years age and has held steady jobs ever since. It’s not only about job experience but about the assessment of the CO that you are willing and able to work to support yourself in the US.

What’s your personal opinion? I am still hoping
Trying to be positive but when I see the numbers it makes me feel it will be too late for this year. Personally, for me to make it, the embassy in Canada should open no later then the beginning of July so they have time to schedule people who became current before me then get to the people who became current at the same time I was.
Many have paid for medical and everything but now may need to forget about their dreams.
Once upon a time we are excited couple of days before the visa bulletin...

Yeah. Even more tricky situation here (EU32xxx).
Currently, I'm in the US and all the flights to my country are closed.
So, even if they open the embassy, no guarantees that the flights will be open.
Waiting for visa bulletin and may want to apply for AOS if my number is current in June. However, considering the amount of the documents and forms needed for AOS, I'm afraid it's too late.

Waiting for visa bulletin and may want to apply for AOS if my number is current in June. However, considering the amount of the documents and forms needed for AOS, I'm afraid it's too late.
No sure what to say
I'm curious how the visa bulletin will look like, I think they will keep the same numbers with some explanation
Let's wait and see

Look at the article below, it has nothing to do with DV but I perceive it as a sign of hope
https://globalnews.ca/news/6824463/canada-us-border-restrictions-trump/

Last edited:
Have you looked through the AOS spreadsheet? I think generally a concerted effort could get the pack together in a relatively short amount of time. and you won’t need police certificates like you would for CP, so there’s one less in offset.

No sure what to say
I'm curious how the visa bulletin will look like, I think they will keep the same numbers with some explanation
Let's wait and see

I think so too... Also considering people have not recieved the documents ok email from the second half of March onwards (from what I've seen in different forums), I don't think they're going to increase the numbers in this VB.