• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

thanks, I have indicated two African countries where I worked 4/5 months. I hope they don't ask me PCC, I think it would be difficult to request them ...
Yes, some African countries (I experienced) require you to be in the country in person to get your fingerprints taken in one of their local police stations in order to request for PCC.

I haven't been scheduled yet, still waiting for the PCC.
I’m confused. Who asked you for the PCC then? KCC? You were never arrested in Germany?

Yes, some African countries (I experienced) require you to be in the country in person to get your fingerprints taken in one of their local police stations in order to request for PCC.
Sounds like you need a pile of PCCs? Something unusual about your case maybe?

Last edited:
How do you request a certificate from a foreign country where you lived? thank you

Details for each country can be found under the police records section on the relevant country pages here https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Certain countries you simply cannot get from outside & it will say that. You generally then won’t be required to get those - it will state that if so. This is the guide the consulates use.

Last edited:
I’m confused. Who asked you for the PCC then? KCC? You were never arrested in Germany?

Sounds like you need a pile of PCCs? Something unusual about your case maybe?
KCC, I was never arrested in Germany. It seems to be their new policy. Nothing unsual. About the PCC for other African countries were on a friend's case.

KCC, I was never arrested in Germany. It seems to be their new policy. Nothing unsual. About the PCC for other African countries were on a friend's case.
Well..we would need to see a whole bunch of people being asked for PCCs for stays of less than 6 months to call it “a new policy”. It contradicts official policy. I presume you confirmed with them that it wasn't asked for by mistake?

PS to avoid confusion, if talking about a friend’s case, please don’t say “I experienced”.

Reactions: YTM
Hi there,
My wife won the DV lottery 2020 and we are from a banned country, however, we got new citizenship(eligible country and not banned) last month and we are planning to apply using our new passports. the problem we are facing is on the name of my wife! on her previous passport her name was using her family name and on the new passport which we are planning to use for the DS260 submission is using the husband's family name! is there a problem with that?

Hi there,
My wife won the DV lottery 2020 and we are from a banned country, however, we got new citizenship(eligible country and not banned) last month and we are planning to apply using our new passports. the problem we are facing is on the name of my wife! on her previous passport her name was using her family name and on the new passport which we are planning to use for the DS260 submission is using the husband's family name! is there a problem with that?

Hmm...entry would have been in first passport name, make sure you list both names in “other names used” in her ds260 and bring both passports to interview. obviously you have a marriage certificate. Should be ok.

Hi all,
today I received the email from KCC informing me that the documents are ok and to wait for the date of the interview :D
Virus covid19 permitting, interview in June? Thanks
EU 28xxx Italy

Hi moderator,
Would like to know what is the interval time required between the medical examination and interview at the embassy?
Thanks!

Hi guys I'm AF22K

had my interview couple of days back and the CO assured me that he had no reason to deny my Visa but he needs to authenticate my certificate because it's Baccalaureate de Brevet de Technicien, so I was given 221g for administrative processing ever since then on the Ceac website my case is been updated everyday but the status doesn't change to the now REFUSED or then AP but it's still at READY just like it's been since I received my 2nl and the CO kept my passport and the original certificate.

Dunno know if this is a positive sign or I'll have to prepare my mind for a long period of WAIT and SEE?

For the record my certificate is 100% genuine, I obtained 5 years back in a now region that's rocked by armed conflict between security forces and separatist fighters.

Please there is something new , at least to me , below the May visa Bulletin . Does it usually happen at this time of the year , or is it something new happening because of backlogs ??? IMG_20200313_145449.jpg