• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello. May I ask to get a social security card you need to apply for it on local SSO or applying with DS260 was enough? I went to my local SSO they seem not to understand

Hello. May I ask to get a social security card you need to apply for it on local SSO or applying with DS260 was enough? I went to my local SSO they seem not to understand
If you ticked the box on your DS260 they should just send it to you. If you havent received it after a month you can go back to the office and request it

Hi everyone,
My wife won the DV lottery 2020 and we are from a banned country, however, we got another citizenship(eligible country and not banned) last month and we are planning to apply using our new passports. the problem we are facing is on the name of my wife! on her previous passport her name was using her family name and on the new passport which we are planning to use for the DS260 submission is using the husband's family name! is there a problem with that?

Hello everyone I’m a new member of this group first of all thank you for all your help and knowledge you share here.

My question is:
My number is 21364(EU) and I have a f-1 visa and currently live in states I wonder after my number is available and I send all the documents should I still have to keep my f-1 visa or my status is changing after that Im talking about the time between availability of number and interview date?

Thanks in advance

it says “Only use this form if USCIS has notified you that you may submit a public charge bond”. Has uscis notified you that you may?
No, I just wanna know if anybody had been asked for this form? If anybody couldn’t get an affidavit there’s a possibility to use this form for sure? I mean that uscis notifies you that, or is subject to assessment?

Hello everyone I’m a new member of this group first of all thank you for all your help and knowledge you share here.

My question is:
My number is 21364(EU) and I have a f-1 visa and currently live in states I wonder after my number is available and I send all the documents should I still have to keep my f-1 visa or my status is changing after that Im talking about the time between availability of number and interview date?

Thanks in advance

Post your questions on the DV 2020 AOS thread - I assume you plan on processing AOS.

No, I just wanna know if anybody had been asked for this form? If anybody couldn’t get an affidavit there’s a possibility to use this form for sure? I mean that uscis notifies you that, or is subject to assessment?

USCIS has nothing to do with your processing since you’re going through CP, the form is not applicable to you. The embassy will not request nor accept it from you. You will not find anyone going through CP who has been asked to present the form.

Hi everyone,
My wife won the DV lottery 2020 and we are from a banned country, however, we got another citizenship(eligible country and not banned) last month and we are planning to apply using our new passports. the problem we are facing is on the name of my wife! on her previous passport her name was using her family name and on the new passport which we are planning to use for the DS260 submission is using the husband's family name! is there a problem with that?

Any help on my case?

USCIS has nothing to do with your processing since you’re going through CP, the form is not applicable to you. The embassy will not request nor accept it from you. You will not find anyone going through CP who has been asked to present the form.
ok, I understand, so it is applicable to what kind of process?

I have a question regarding DS-260 and police certs. Officially you only need police certs for places you have lived for longer than 6 months. I have heard of a guy in Europe who stayed in another country for 5 months and police certs are requested. Now I am curious what should I do if I will go to another country for 4 months after I have submitted my DS-260? Reopen it and then maybe be too late for processing or just bring a police cert to the interview? Maybe I don't need a police cert at all?

I have a question regarding DS-260 and police certs. Officially you only need police certs for places you have lived for longer than 6 months. I have heard of a guy in Europe who stayed in another country for 5 months and police certs are requested. Now I am curious what should I do if I will go to another country for 4 months after I have submitted my DS-260? Reopen it and then maybe be too late for processing or just bring a police cert to the interview? Maybe I don't need a police cert at all?
I can confirm. I was also asked a police report for a place I lived in for less than 6 months.

I can confirm. I was also asked a police report for a place I lived in for less than 6 months.
Hi, at the interview did you already have the certificate of the country where you lived for less than 6 months? How do you request a certificate from a foreign country where you lived? thank you

Hi, at the interview did you already have the certificate of the country where you lived for less than 6 months? How do you request a certificate from a foreign country where you lived? thank you
I haven't been scheduled yet, still waiting for the PCC. The procedure differs from one country to another. Most European countries have an option to request PCC by mail.

I haven't been scheduled yet, still waiting for the PCC. The procedure differs from one country to another. Most European countries have an option to request PCC by mail.
thanks, I have indicated two African countries where I worked 4/5 months. I hope they don't ask me PCC, I think it would be difficult to request them ...