• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

To be clear. I have seen several cases (one as recently as yesterday) where the DS5535 is requested at the end of the interview (or just after). That form asks largely the same questions as have been added to the DS260. So - my advice has been to unlock and answer the questions if your interview will be "late", because the delay caused for the DS5535 could be risky. So - if you expect your interview in the next couple of months, no need to unlock as KCC have been replying. BUT if your interview will be April/May onwards, you should consider unlocking.
Hi, I should have the interview in April / May (EU29xxx), and as recommended by Brit, I have unlocked and re-sent the DS260. So I'm quiet! thank Brit

Hi everybody!

After I paid the fee on the USCIS website I created an account and I'm now in the "Verify your Identity" page, am I in the correct page to link my application to my account so I can monitor the green card arrival status?
(Note that I will have to change my address, for the green card to be mailed at, when I'm at the airport)

Thanks!

Looks like the enforcement of the expanded public charge rules is going to be allowed by the Supreme Court.

Attachments

• F59B87DC-8100-48F1-989C-0367195821DA.jpeg
    F59B87DC-8100-48F1-989C-0367195821DA.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 47
Hi all
I called KCC this morning to see if any updates about my application, I sent the documents on 22 Nov 2019 and I was told that they didn't get them, is this normal knowing that my CN is AF33XXX? The agent told me that it is shown that my documents were not received and that I need to send them again
Do you think I need to send them again or they don't see them because they still didn't get to my CN?
Please advise

Hi all
I called KCC this morning to see if any updates about my application, I sent the documents on 22 Nov 2019 and I was told that they didn't get them, is this normal knowing that my CN is AF33XXX? The agent told me that it is shown that my documents were not received and that I need to send them again
Do you think I need to send them again or they don't see them because they still didn't get to my CN?
Please advise
If it were me I would send them again, I would also double check what is required to be sent, how docs should be named as well as size limits etc and also ensure that I title the email correctly.

Hi all
Please advise

You said the agent told you to send them again.... so send them again.

If it were me I would send them again, I would also double check what is required to be sent, how docs should be named as well as size limits etc and also ensure that I title the email correctly.
I checked all before I send the email back in Nov and all good that's why I was surprised, I will send again tonight

You said the agent told you to send them again.... so send them again.
I was wondering if it is normal for the agent to not see the documents thinking they still didn't get to my number, I will send again

There's a reason why your docs weren't matched with your case the first time - this is why I say double/ triple check what you sent. If you simply resend what you sent last time you may face the same issue.

There's a reason why your docs weren't matched with your case the first time - this is why I say double/ triple check what you sent. If you simply resend what you sent last time you may face the same issue.
Yes!!
This is the requirement I received in the email:
- Your DV case number;
- The full name of the applicant whose document you scanned; and
- The document name or form number.
For example:
2020AF00938653_John_Doe_Passport.pdf
2020AF00938653_Jane_Doe_Birth_Certificate.pdf

I just realized that the name of the police certificate file is missing the "_" just before the word certificate like this:
2020AF00033XXX_FirstName_LastName_Police Certificate.pdf
Could this be the problem?

Also I'm wondering if my last name is causing a problem as it has 2 words, something like John is my first name and Doe Wallace is my last name so I named the file this way: 2020AF00033XXX_John_DOE_WALLACE_Police Certificate.pdf with last name in capital letters

@SusieQQQ , what do think?

Yes!!
This is the requirement I received in the email:
- Your DV case number;
- The full name of the applicant whose document you scanned; and
- The document name or form number.
For example:
2020AF00938653_John_Doe_Passport.pdf
2020AF00938653_Jane_Doe_Birth_Certificate.pdf

I just realized that the name of the police certificate file is missing the "_" just before the word certificate like this:
2020AF00033XXX_FirstName_LastName_Police Certificate.pdf
Could this be the problem?

Also I'm wondering if my last name is causing a problem as it has 2 words, something like John is my first name and Doe Wallace is my last name so I named the file this way: 2020AF00033XXX_John_DOE_WALLACE_Police Certificate.pdf with last name in capital letters

@SusieQQQ , what do think?
Miillions of American immigrants and citizens have two word surnames, that won’t be the issue. The problem is likely that you didn’t follow the file naming rules properly, by leaving out the underscore.

Reactions: WBA
One question:
I'm in US, currently on F1. I've got a rather high EU number. I've sent ds260 alongside with all the necessary documents. Besides everything else in ds260, I have filled my current USA address.
Now, I might move to a different apartment. While I will update my address here internally with sevis and DMV, is it necessary to unlock my DS-260 as well and update that address as new current one, or I can just update the address on the day of the interview? I know I've got plenty of time, but I'd like to avoid unlocking DS-260 unless it's absolutely necessary.

Miillions of American immigrants and citizens have two word surnames, that won’t be the issue. The problem is likely that you didn’t follow the file naming rules properly, by leaving out the underscore.
Thanks!! I fixed the file and just sent all again and already got the automatic reply from KCC, I will follow up with them in 2 days

Can you please see this?
Hi all,

Do we get a confirmation email when we submit a DS260 for the 2nd time after asking to unlock it?
I got an email confirmation from KCC the first time I submitted my DS260 back in July, but I didn't get any get any email when I submitted for the 2nd time, is this normal?

The underscore isn't necessary so shouldn't be a reason for missing documents
I didn't use the underscore (_) when naming my documents, all my documents have been confirmed and ready for scheduling

Did you write anything in the email or you just attached the files and put your CN in the title?
Subject: 2020AF000XXXXX
BODY
Case Number: 2020AF000XXXXX
Principal Applicant Name: SURNAME, FIRST MIDDLE
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: COUNTRY
Subject: DOCUMENTS

Subject: 2020AF000XXXXX
BODY
Case Number: 2020AF000XXXXX
Principal Applicant Name: SURNAME, FIRST MIDDLE
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: COUNTRY
Subject: DOCUMENTS
@WBA
As above the subject I entered the CN only
The Email body I copied those particulars below the 1NL and added SUBJECT: DOCUMENTS
Then attached the documents. All mine were in PDF