• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello,
I was current since last VB, but this january i decided to re-open DS260,to fill out those added question about social media and all that my CN23xxx!! Should i expect 2NL after editing my ds260 this month.

Anyone to answer please from experience
Hello,
I was current since last VB, but this january i decided to re-open DS260,to fill out those added question about social media and all that my CN23xxx!! Should i expect 2NL after editing my ds260 this month.

Anyone to answer please from experience
Any one to ans this?

"2NL letter for March 2020 interview", start to be sent on 22.01.2020.
I have noticed that cases above my case which is EU131XX, already got the 2NL letter yesterday.
I have submitted the supporting document on 30.11 and received the email of confirmation for these doc. on 10.12.
The 2NLs are sent in one batch in a single day or will be sent during the month till end of the January ?
I heard a lot of "theories" :D, so its a bit confusing.
Appreciate your replies !

"2NL letter for March 2020 interview", start to be sent on 22.01.2020.
I have noticed that cases above my case which is EU131XX, already got the 2NL letter yesterday.
I have submitted the supporting document on 30.11 and received the email of confirmation for these doc. on 10.12.
The 2NLs are sent in one batch in a single day or will be sent during the month till end of the January ?
I heard a lot of "theories" :D, so its a bit confusing.
Appreciate your replies !
2NLs can be sent right up until the end of the month. As for people with higher CNs than you, there are so many variables when scheduling, it is not strictly in numerical order, these people may be interviewing in different embassies to you, they may have had documents processed earlier, they may have had their background checks processed earlier - the inner workings of KCC are a mystery but rest assured, if you have everything in order you will be fine. If for some reason you do not get your 2NL by the end of this month you can certainly call KCC and check that everything with your case is in order.

Reactions: YTM
Mine was sent 2 days before the end of the month. I'd already assumed that I was not going to be scheduled until the following month.
Don't stress. You'll be fine.

Hello,
Yesterday I wrote to KCC asking for unlock my DS-260 so I could answer the questions that were added after I submitted my application form. And I received an email explaining some things and this caught my attention
8351CC1C-1F3E-4E95-B107-2F1096018077.jpeg
Besides the social media questions I have other questions without response exactly this 3
0.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
I don’t know now if I still should unlock my DS-260 and answer this questions. My CN is SA18xx. Thank you in advance

2NLs can be sent right up until the end of the month. As for people with higher CNs than you, there are so many variables when scheduling, it is not strictly in numerical order, these people may be interviewing in different embassies to you, they may have had documents processed earlier, they may have had their background checks processed earlier - the inner workings of KCC are a mystery but rest assured, if you have everything in order you will be fine. If for some reason you do not get your 2NL by the end of this month you can certainly call KCC and check that everything with your case is in order.

Thank you Aydin. Actually I just called KCC and as per them my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. So I should expect a 2nl during the month though.

Hello,
Yesterday I wrote to KCC asking for unlock my DS-260 so I could answer the questions that were added after I submitted my application form. And I received an email explaining some things and this caught my attention
View attachment 1445
Besides the social media questions I have other questions without response exactly this 3
View attachment 1446
View attachment 1447
View attachment 1448
I don’t know now if I still should unlock my DS-260 and answer this questions. My CN is SA18xx. Thank you in advance

Hello

Same reply was sent to me saying exactly the same. When I wrote to KCC yesterday I never inquired only about “social media questions” as it might look like. The message they sent says only in case of DS260 is unlocked that’s when all the questions including the social media one must be answered for cases like ours that we filled DS260 before these new questions were added. So I understand for now I should leave it just as I did it when I submitted DS260 last year around May.

Is that correct?

That last question is interesting. The US only ever used to care about whether you had been removed/deported from the US, now they are joining others in making the question broad about anywhere.

That last question is interesting. The US only ever used to care about whether you had been removed/deported from the US, now they are joining others in making the question broad about anywhere.
And what do you think? should I ask them to unlock my DS-260?

And what do you think? should I ask them to unlock my DS-260?

To be clear. I have seen several cases (one as recently as yesterday) where the DS5535 is requested at the end of the interview (or just after). That form asks largely the same questions as have been added to the DS260. So - my advice has been to unlock and answer the questions if your interview will be "late", because the delay caused for the DS5535 could be risky. So - if you expect your interview in the next couple of months, no need to unlock as KCC have been replying. BUT if your interview will be April/May onwards, you should consider unlocking.

Hi there - I submitted DS-260 two weeks ago (my number just became current OC14XX) and I will be submitting KCC docs within the next week or two. I may need to travel to the US for a work-related meeting before I interview likely in (April)/May. Will entering the US on my ESTA (not first time ESTA) affect my processing or case?

Hi there - I submitted DS-260 two weeks ago (my number just became current OC14XX) and I will be submitting KCC docs within the next week or two. I may need to travel to the US for a work-related meeting before I interview likely in (April)/May. Will entering the US on my ESTA (not first time ESTA) affect my processing or case?
No.

Hello guys. Thanks for All the usefull infos
Im a2020 selectee i got my visa last month. Im planning to go To boston next week. But the address i provided previously was

Hello everyone, is there a spreadsheet similar to the one for AOS, but for consular processing?
My number will likely become current in May only (if the trend is similar to previous years) and I'm on an F-1. I'm traveling outside the US in May and that's why I'm thinking of doing CS. I'm just curious if that's feasible and if I can hope to be back in the US by August/September.

I'm on F1 as well with a rather high number. When fulfilling DS-260 I just picked Embassy where I want to process my case and that is it I hope. I intend to travel to my home country when I get the interview call and hopefully get back with immigration visa in my passport.

Hello everyone, is there a spreadsheet similar to the one for AOS, but for consular processing?
My number will likely become current in May only (if the trend is similar to previous years) and I'm on an F-1. I'm traveling outside the US in May and that's why I'm thinking of doing CS. I'm just curious if that's feasible and if I can hope to be back in the US by August/September.

The steps for CP are clearly laid out on the DOS Consular Process website. The AOS process spreadsheet was created because the steps involved are not so well defined by KCC and USCIS, so there hasn’t been a need to create a similar spreadsheet for CP.

You can however visit Simon’s blog and read up on the numerous articles dealing with different aspects of CP he’s written and recorded.

Hi all,

Do we get a confirmation email when we submit a DS260 for the 2nd time after asking to unlock it?
I got an email confirmation from KCC the first time I submitted my DS260 back in July, but I didn't get any get any email when I submitted for the 2nd time, is this normal?