• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

you interview on Wednesday last week? There have been 2 US working days since then (Monday was mlk day)? How long does Nepal normally take to issue DVs?
I am currently put on Administrative Processing as I expected. If I am lucky it should be resolved within 2 weeks when I am here , if not 60 days or more.

Mom.. So waiting game is still going on. If I return to US and they decided to approve the case do I need to come back to home country to collect the visa or I can choose Canada to collect visa if that happens! If they refused that will be the end of my DV lottery story.

I’m assuming the embassy returned your passport at the end of your interview - if that’s the case they will contact you and request you return your passport for the visa stamp (which can only be issued by your interviewing embassy) if they decide to approve your case. So yes, you’ll need to return to Nepal in that case.

Hi all,

KCC unlocked my DS260 so I can answer the new questions, at the end it required a signature where I had to enter the canse number, my passport number and the captcha

The system did not accept the full CN so I entered my number without the zeros, is this normal?
For the passport, I have 2 so I provided the passport number of my country of eligibility, is this ok?

Thanks
The system did not accept the full CN so I entered my number without the zeros, is this normal?
yes it is normal ..
For the passport, I have 2 so I provided the passport number of my country of eligibility, is this ok?
honestly i don't know, perhaps our experts here might assist you better.

Reactions: WBA
Hi all,

KCC unlocked my DS260 so I can answer the new questions, at the end it required a signature where I had to enter the canse number, my passport number and the captcha

Thanks

yes, I believe it actually states you need to leave the zeroes out.
passport number should be the one you want the visa in. (Not everyone even has a passport from country of eligibility. ) If that’s the one you want to use, fine.

Hi all,

Thanks
Great!

I saved the full content of my DS260, reviewed it and I didn't find any questions regarding visited countries in the past 5 years. There are some questions regarding past US travel history, but that's it. I was asked about social media accounts and such, but there are no general questions regarding visited countries in my DS260 (submitted mid July 2019).
*my CN is EU32XXX. I submitted all the requested documents to KCC on 12/16 2019; still waiting on a reply for confirmation that all is fine. Should I ask for DS260 to be reopened in order to answer these questions that were presumably added after I submitted it or would that unnecessary postpone my case ?
Can someone please reply to this? :)

When did you submit your DS 260? Those questions came in in a 2nd or 3rd batch of additional questions somewhere btn Sep and October I think. If you unlock your form, they will be there.
I submitted the DS260 for me and my wife on July 3rd. I presume that my CN (EU32XXX) will become current in May/June. That's why I don't know:
1. If I should ask for the DS260 to be opened in order to answer the additional questions or if I should stand by and wait for the interview at the embassy where presumably we'll have to file DS5535 forms.
2. Is DS5535 mandatory if this general travel history was not present in our DS260 ? If so, will it delay the process (longer AP?)?
I would like to know how it's best to proceed. Thanks !

I submitted the DS260 for me and my wife on July 3rd. I presume that my CN (EU32XXX) will become current in May/June. That's why I don't know:
1. If I should ask for the DS260 to be opened in order to answer the additional questions or if I should stand by and wait for the interview at the embassy where presumably we'll have to file DS5535 forms.
2. Is DS5535 mandatory if this general travel history was not present in our DS260 ? If so, will it delay the process (longer AP?)?

DS5535 is not mandatory for everyone but it is very likely if there are any security issues including your country of background or if you have traveled to countries deemed security risks to the US.

Personally for someone interviewing later I don’t see a risk in opening and filing in the new questions. At worst it means you waste some time, at best it may prevent a delay after interview.

When did you submit your DS 260? Those questions came in in a 2nd or 3rd batch of additional questions somewhere btn Sep and October I think. If you unlock your form, they will be there.

Hello
I have similar question like raduS89.
I have read many posts but still unsure what to do.
Date I filled DS260: May 17th 2019
Date of email from KCC requesting me to send documents: end of july 2019.
Date of email from KCC telling me Docs I sent are ok: august 15th 2019.
My CN is SA18XX

So I haven’t answered yet those “new” questions included in DS260 because they weren’t listed when I filled the DS260.

Should I write KCC explaining this situation so they let me answer those? What will happen if those questions are left blank?

Thank you

Hello
I have similar question like raduS89.
I have read many posts but still unsure what to do.
Date I filled DS260: May 17th 2019
Date of email from KCC requesting me to send documents: end of july 2019.
Date of email from KCC telling me Docs I sent are ok: august 15th 2019.
My CN is SA18XX

So I haven’t answered yet those “new” questions included in DS260 because they weren’t listed when I filled the DS260.

Should I write KCC explaining this situation so they let me answer those? What will happen if those questions are left blank?

Thank you
May 17th, those questions were not there by then. Looking at the current VB trend for your region, your CN may not be current for a couple VBs. So i'd say it's okay for you to unlock the DS 260 and answer those questions..

May 17th, those questions were not there by then. Looking at the current VB trend for your region, your CN may not be current for a couple VBs. So i'd say it's okay for you to unlock the DS 260 and answer those questions..

thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: YTM
Just like what @SusieQQQ said, there is no risk to unlock the DS260 now for such a CN as yours. The DS5535 has way more details to fill in than those few added questions.

Hello,
I was current since last VB, but this january i decided to re-open DS260,to fill out those added question about social media and all that my CN23xxx!! Should i expect 2NL after editing my ds260 this month.

Anyone to answer please from experience

yes, I believe it actually states you need to leave the zeroes out.
passport number should be the one you want the visa in. (Not everyone even has a passport from country of eligibility. ) If that’s the one you want to use, fine.
I want the visa to be on the Canadian passport, I assume I can mention that during the interview (if I get there)

New questions are about additional phone numbers and emails that you have used in past 5 years, social media profiles, the list of countries you've visited in 5 years and there is one in security questions, I don't remember what was it exactly, I think it was if you are related to anyone who is involved in terrorism.
list of countries visited for employment only??? That’s why mine says when I view my ds260