• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

do I already find the questions without requesting unlocking? great! thank you. in your opinion, if I ask for unlock, will I slow down my interview? Thanks
Yes, you'll find the questions even without unlocking, but you have to unlock to answer them
I asked @Britsimon on his forum and he advised that you DON'T NEED TO UNLOCK if you're current (or low CN) but you can unlock if your CN is high and you're still months away from being current

New questions are about additional phone numbers and emails that you have used in past 5 years, social media profiles, the list of countries you've visited in 5 years and there is one in security questions, I don't remember what was it exactly, I think it was if you are related to anyone who is involved in terrorism.

New questions are about additional phone numbers and emails that you have used in past 5 years, social media profiles, the list of countries you've visited in 5 years and there is one in security questions, I don't remember what was it exactly, I think it was if you are related to anyone who is involved in terrorism.
Thanks!

Yes, you'll find the questions even without unlocking, but you have to unlock to answer them
I asked @Britsimon on his forum and he advised that you DON'T NEED TO UNLOCK if you're current (or low CN) but you can unlock if your CN is high and you're still months away from being current
Thanks, I asked to unlock, I'm not current, I will be in April or May (EU29xxx). In this way, I will have not problems after the interview, on possible AP

Oh wow, they’re asking about number as well? I lived abroad within the past 5 zests and had several mobile phone numbers. But I don’t remember each of it and there is no chance for me to look them up somewhere

Avion

I am not a competent person in this, but I think phone numbers that you have not been using on the regular basis, can't remember/recover, are not so important. But this is just my opinion.

Are you processing AOS or CP?
I'll be processing AOS. I've started to download forms and sort them out, a lots of papers and thank you for the Google Docs, really super helpful!
I know that $330 is for each member, but how about $1,225 filling fee and $1,140 for I-485, also for each member or only principle applicant?
Thank you.

Last edited:
I'll be processing AOS. I've started to download forms and sort them out, a lots of papers and thank you for the Google Docs, really super helpful!
I know that $330 is for each member, but how about $1,225 filling fee and $1,140 for I-485, also for each member or only principle applicant?
Thank you.

Okay. So you should be posting on the DV 2020 AOS Thread - posting AOS related questions on a none AOS thread creates confusion for those processing CP.

You are slightly misstating my response.

My logic is this.

For a low case number about to be interviewed, there is no risk in going to the interview and seeing if they ask for a DS5535 (because the questions are not answered in the DS260). They will in some cases, but an early interview means there is time to complete and return the DS5535.

On the other hand someone waiting for their case to become current in months may as well unlock and answer the new questions which then reduces the chance of being asked for the DS5535 at or after the interview. That delay, for a late interview could be catastrophic.

I sent a request to unlock DS-260 to KCC, they responded with an Auto Reply email which did't contain any confirmation that the DS-260 is now unlocked, it only contained general information such as "if you would like to check the status of your entry..etc".Do i expect to receive a confirmation from KCC that my DS-260 application is now unlocked?
When did you send the request?
I'm in the same situation, I sent the request by email Saturday and was expecting my DS260 to be unlocked by the end of Monday but it is not done yet

I'm in the same situation, I sent the request by email Saturday and was expecting my DS260 to be unlocked by the end of Monday but it is not done yet

Monday is MLK day, a federal holiday in the US. Sunday obviously isn’t a work day either.

I sent it on Saturday as well , so far i haven't heard back from KCC, i will update you once its unlocked.

I sent it on Saturday as well , so far i haven't heard back from KCC, i will update you once its unlocked.
Again, weekends are not working days and Monday was a holiday. It is still Monday night KCC time right now. Not surprising you haven’t heard back.

I saved the full content of my DS260, reviewed it and I didn't find any questions regarding visited countries in the past 5 years. There are some questions regarding past US travel history, but that's it. I was asked about social media accounts and such, but there are no general questions regarding visited countries in my DS260 (submitted mid July 2019).
*my CN is EU32XXX. I submitted all the requested documents to KCC on 12/16 2019; still waiting on a reply for confirmation that all is fine. Should I ask for DS260 to be reopened in order to answer these questions that were presumably added after I submitted it or would that unnecessary postpone my case ?

Hi all,

KCC unlocked my DS260 so I can answer the new questions, at the end it required a signature where I had to enter the canse number, my passport number and the captcha

The system did not accept the full CN so I entered my number without the zeros, is this normal?
For the passport, I have 2 so I provided the passport number of my country of eligibility, is this ok?

Thanks

Can I travel to DV ineligible countries? I want to travel to Vietnam and China.

CN - AS11xxx
waiting for 2NL

you can even live there if you want, why would that be a problem?
the only countries it might be a problem traveling to are those that are security risks to the US (Iran, Yemen etc).

Mom.. So waiting game is still going on. If I return to US and they decided to approve the case do I need to come back to home country to collect the visa or I can choose Canada to collect visa if that happens! If they refused that will be the end of my DV lottery story.

Mom.. So waiting game is still going on. If I return to US and they decided to approve the case do I need to come back to home country to collect the visa or I can choose Canada to collect visa if that happens! If they refused that will be the end of my DV lottery story.

you interview on Wednesday last week? There have been 2 US working days since then (Monday was mlk day)? How long does Nepal normally take to issue DVs?