• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

Hi All ,
I am struggling to find a sponsor so far. Is there someone who can help me with that?

Unfortunately, on this matter you would have to find someone to sponsor on your own.

You will need to look for a relative, a friend or a friend of a friend who has some form of a connection with you. You have to prove that connection to the CO at the interview. No one in the US would fill an I-134 with all their personal/financial information and social security details to a complete stranger.

Unfortunately, on this matter you would have to find someone to sponsor on your own.

You will need to look for a relative, a friend or a friend of a friend who has some form of a connection with you. You have to prove that connection to the CO at the interview. No one in the US would fill an I-134 with all their personal/financial information and social security details to a complete stranger.
It is unfair for us. why they asked for a sponsor after we won a lottery? Please tell me what can I do if I could not find any sponsor

It is unfair for us. why they asked for a sponsor after we won a lottery?
There are rules specific to some embassies and this rule was there during last few years too. It's there to make sure that the person(s) COs approve wouldn't become a public charge. Winning a DV lottery doesn't mean that every winner would be self sufficient in the US (at least during the initial few months).

Please tell me what can I do if I could not find any sponsor
You could contact the embassy for further instructions.

Last edited:
Hi Friends ...I recived documents submission email.but I didnt send documents .Because my wedding will be December .I send all documents after my marriage .I have a question .Plz give your ideas .My spause is Buddist ( her birth certificate is samething) but now she is Roman Catholic will it make us problem ? because we have to translate our marriage certificate .it might have catholic (both of us ).her birth certificate is Buddist , marriage certificate is catholic .what will I do ?

Hi Friends ...I recived documents submission email.but I didnt send documents .Because my wedding will be December .I send all documents after my marriage .I have a question .Plz give your ideas .My spause is Buddist ( her birth certificate is samething) but now she is Roman Catholic will it make us problem ? because we have to translate our marriage certificate .it might have catholic (both of us ).her birth certificate is Buddist , marriage certificate is catholic .what will I do ?

No it won’t be a problem. Have English translations of everything.

My passport is going to expire in 2021 Jan. Do I need to renew before my interview (I hope it will happen before May) ?

Your passport should be valid for 6 months after the intended date of entry to the US https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...iew/diversity-visa-prepare-for-interview.html
For some countries, renewing at home is much easier than doing so through a consulate abroad, so for practical reasons you may want to renew before even if you don’t technically “need” to.