• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Sorry for missing one question. Should I prepare a cover letter for my wife and I? Or, should I prepare two cover letters, one for me and one for my wife?

Thanks for taking your valuable time to reply.

Just one is fine since you’re mailing them together.

Hello mom. I have a problem. My story is this: I sent a DS-260 form, paid a fee ($ 330) and received a receipt of DV. I see that my CN number (EU4 ***) will be current in December and I need to send documents to Chicago, but I have a problem. I'm still waiting for my new passport. And I don't know how soon I will get it.
What can I do with this situation? Until which day do I need to send a package of documents (deadline)?
Thank you

Hi Mom,
I have an issue with A number.

I have EAD based F1 and therefore USCIS number, however, I recently have applied for asylum and also have an A number for that application.

Now, which number should I put as my A number:

My USCIS number in the EAD card that I am working with based on my F1 status, or my asylum A number?

I never used EAD asylum and I don't want to fall back on my status.

Thanks in advance for answering.

Hello mom. I have a problem. My story is this: I sent a DS-260 form, paid a fee ($ 330) and received a receipt of DV. I see that my CN number (EU4 ***) will be current in December and I need to send documents to Chicago, but I have a problem. I'm still waiting for my new passport. And I don't know how soon I will get it.
What can I do with this situation? Until which day do I need to send a package of documents (deadline)?
Thank you

There is technically speaking, no deadline for when to send in the AOS package. The approval just needs to happen on or before Sept. 30th, 2018.

In your particular case, since the new passport does not contain any evidence of past visas you’ve been issued with or evidence of when you were admitted into the US, there’s no point in waiting until it gets issued before sending in your AOS package (if your CN is already current). What matters is t have the new passport as it when you go in for your interview - the IO May ask to see a secondary form of it.

And I’m assuming you have some other form of government issued ID also - you wil need an ID for the bio appointment too. If you don’t have any other form of ID, then you might as well wait for the new passport before sending in your AOS package.

Hi Mom,
I have an issue with A number.

I have EAD based F1 and therefore USCIS number, however, I recently have applied for asylum and also have an A number for that application.

Now, which number should I put as my A number:

My USCIS number in the EAD card that I am working with based on my F1 status, or my asylum A number?

I never used EAD asylum and I don't want to fall back on my status.

Thanks in advance for answering.

You will need t use the A# from your pending asylum petition. It is more relevant in your case than the OPT based EAD USCIS number.

There is technically speaking, no deadline for when to send in the AOS package. The approval just needs to happen on or before Sept. 30th, 2018.

In your particular case, since the new passport does not contain any evidence of past visas you’ve been issued with or evidence of when you were admitted into the US, there’s no point in waiting until it gets issued before sending in your AOS package (if your CN is already current). What matters is t have the new passport as it when you go in for your interview - the IO May ask to see a secondary form of it.

And I’m assuming you have some other form of government issued ID also - you wil need an ID for the bio appointment too. If you don’t have any other form of ID, then you might as well wait for the new passport before sending in your AOS package.

I will not be scheduled for an interview until I send a package of documents to Chicago?

I will not be scheduled for an interview until I send a package of documents to Chicago?

That is correct. You will not be scheduled without submitting your AOS package. I strongly recommend you go through the AOS process spreadsheet (you’ll find the link to this on the first post on page one of this thread) as it doesn’t seem like you understand the process involved.

That is correct. You will not be scheduled without submitting your AOS package. I strongly recommend you go through the AOS process spreadsheet (you’ll find the link to this on the first post on page one of this thread) as it doesn’t seem like you understand the process involved.

Yes, I read it again and understood how it works. Thank you very much.

Weird question, but can we visit Peurto Rico while adjustment of status is underway? As far as I can see flights there from the US are treated as domestic but I'm not entirely sure.

Questions 3 - 9 in part 2 (page 4) of the I-485 are not applicable to DV based AOSers.

Hi Mom!

You said that questions 3-9 are not applicable for DV AOSers, but will it be a mistake if in my wife's and child's I-485 in points 5a, 5b and 7 there will be my name, last name and birthday and other fields will be left blank (as Im principal applicant and they are my derivatives)?

And the same question: on page 3 in Q. 24 I have put the same visa category as in Q. 23c on page 2, which obviously means that status hasn't changed. Should I remove it in Q.24 or it is not a big deal to set status there even if it hasn't changed since arrival.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Mom!

You said that questions 3-9 are not applicable for DV AOSers, but will it be a mistake if in my wife's and child's I-485 in points 5a, 5b and 7 there will be my name, last name and birthday and other fields will be left blank (as Im principal applicant and they are my derivatives)?

And the same question: on page 3 in Q. 24 I have put the same visa category as in Q. 23c on page 2, which obviously means that status hasn't changed. Should I remove it in Q.24 or it is not a big deal to set status there even if it hasn't changed since arrival.

Thank you!

1. You may do so if you like.

2. Follow the instructions on the form - it clearly says if status has changed.

Hello Mom,
I found a sponsor who is willing to sponsor me. He gave me last years tax return and form I134.

1. Is it enough or I should ask for some more documents?

Thanks

Hello Mom,
I found a sponsor who is willing to sponsor me. He gave me last years tax return and form I134.

1. Is it enough or I should ask for some more documents?

Thanks

You need a copy of the sponsor’s GC or passport. And you need to make sure the sponsor’s income meets the applicable level.

Dear Mom and other members,

Usually it takes one day for acceptance text/email to be received based on the timeline. Has anyone used G-1450 form for credit card authorization?
My credit card was charged today early morning, but I have not received any notification so far. I hope Chicago didn't charge the card without acceptance intention.

Dear Mom and other members,

Usually it takes one day for acceptance text/email to be received based on the timeline. Has anyone used G-1450 form for credit card authorization?
My credit card was charged today early morning, but I have not received any notification so far. I hope Chicago didn't charge the card without acceptance intention.

As far as I can see, only two profiles show acceptance notification one day after payment is cashed, I’m not sure what you mean by “usually”. Plus by your own account, your credit card was only charged this morning, not even up to the “usual one day” you claimed - so why are you freaking out at this point?

Do exercise some patience and allow the process to take its course!

As far as I can see, only two profiles show acceptance notification one day after payment is cashed, I’m not sure what you mean by “usually”. Plus by your own account, your credit card was only charged this morning, not even up to the “usual one day” you claimed - so why are you freaking out at this point?

Do exercise some patience and allow the process to take its course!
Thanks Mom, I am trying to keep calm and patient. But still can't help it not to freak out((

Hello,
I have a few questions that I need to ask our experts. So my husband won dv-2019 with EU9xxx. He’s currently on a TN visa (still have 2 years left on it) my kids and I have a TD visa and we were going to go the AOS route but I’ve been reading and I think that I might run into some issues with the 90 day rule. My husband and kids live in the US and I work ( I work for an airline) and spend over 2 weeks a month in Canada. I fly often to the US for work and to visit them. Even after getting the GC I would still continue working for my Canadian employer. Here are my questions:
Can they do AOS and I do CP?
Would that create an issue for me if we go the AOS route because of how often I travel to the US for work and to see them?
Is there any other option you would recommend for us?