• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

Hello, a few quick questions -
1. Is a platinum express envelope required at the interview?
2. How many passport photos are required? And in US or Aus size?
3. If I am going with education certificates just confirming I don't need to take O'net/ employment proof?
Thank you!!

Yes, it’s the best way to keep your passport safe and secure

The info is on the dv page and on the us consulate page (Sydney)

If your education qualifies you then no need for o-net

When is your interview, don’t forget to get all your shots up to date.

Friends, what if we have used the same photo from last year (2017) in the 2018 DV lottery entry. But we are selected and have submitted the PR application. Do you reckon that we could be disqualified now due to the photo. Please advise. Thanks

Technically it’s disqualifying but we’ve had no reports of anyone being disqualified on it, including people who specifically mentioned reusing a previous photo. You should be ok.

Hi @Britsimon ot anyone else that might know this. If our number happens to come up in the next cycle, given our circumstances we will be adjusting status here (I-485) in the US with the USCIS from L1 (as opposed to those applying through overseas consulate). It seems that police documents are not required in this application for change of status - according to instructions and supporting docs requirements (we do need certified court transcripts if any arrests). I found this strange and given short timeframe at that point would be worried if we had to. We don’t even submit change of status application I-485 until visa is available. Is this your understanding? Ie police records not required for I-485? Thanks in advance. Pete

Hi @Britsimon ot anyone else that might know this. If our number happens to come up in the next cycle, given our circumstances we will be adjusting status here (I-485) in the US with the USCIS from L1 (as opposed to those applying through overseas consulate). It seems that police documents are not required in this application for change of status - according to instructions and supporting docs requirements (we do need certified court transcripts if any arrests). I found this strange and given short timeframe at that point would be worried if we had to. We don’t even submit change of status application I-485 until visa is available. Is this your understanding? Ie police records not required for I-485? Thanks in advance. Pete

PCC is not required to be submitted with an AOSackage.

I suggest you go through the below linked post and follow the link inside for the AOS process spreadsheet.

The US wants to know both spent and unspent convictions. Which is why, when you do the AFP clearance, you pick Code 33 during the process to include all offenses, spent or otherwise. That Australia considers the conviction spent, is irrelevant to US immigration.

As @SusieQQQ said, the older the conviction, the less likely they'll care - unless it's a crime of moral turpitude. Which speeding isn't. Unless there was an extenuating circumstance involving, for example, an arrest, drink driving, injury or death caused to another. That is, if the speeding was bundled up with a whole lot of other nasty charges.

I wonder if this is a WA thing because I (I'm a Victorian) had one speeding fine back in 1994 which didn't show on the police check at all. I know some other Victorians had speeding fines more recently which also didn't show.

TLDR: I don't think it matters. If you search the forum, there was another Aussie who got asked about her speeding fines and she had a great answer that it was just an infringement and she paid the fine. That seemed to satisfy the CO.

thank you for the replies, sorry bit late on this.

So the police clearance letter came back after we had our interview, so I could not explain the situations. I did not know that these "traffic convictions" even existed before they showed up on the police certificate. Should I write a letter or see a lawyer before sending my afp clearance into the consulate?

thanks

PCC is not required to be submitted with an AOSackage.

I suggest you go through the below linked post and follow the link inside for the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hi - thanks for the reply - I couldn’t see the link in your response, however I located the AoS 2018 only page and the link to the google doc... it said I needed to request access, which I did twice with my google account but still cannot access it - any suggestions?

I’m thinking I’m pretty much screwed anyway given what I’ve been reading. If our number gets selected for Sept then there is no chance that once we pay the DV fee and submit the I-485 that the USCIS will do change of status in such a short time frame. Current processing time for I-485 here in Tampa is 8 to 11 months. :(

I will still obviously go through the process anyway but suspect that I’ll be wasting money on the DV fee - I can live with that I guess.

Hi - thanks for the reply - I couldn’t see the link in your response, however I located the AoS 2018 only page and the link to the google doc... it said I needed to request access, which I did twice with my google account but still cannot access it - any suggestions?

I’m thinking I’m pretty much screwed anyway given what I’ve been reading. If our number gets selected for Sept then there is no chance that once we pay the DV fee and submit the I-485 that the USCIS will do change of status in such a short time frame. Current processing time for I-485 here in Tampa is 8 to 11 months. :(

I will still obviously go through the process anyway but suspect that I’ll be wasting money on the DV fee - I can live with that I guess.

My bad - forgot to include the link in my previous post:
http://goo.gl/0va2DU

The processing time on USCIS’s website is not applicable to DV based AOS petitions, those often get fast tracked. You should post subsequent AOS related questions on the DV 2018 AOS thread in the forum - and I recommend spending sometime reading previous posts there also about what others are doing.

My bad - forgot to include the link in my previous post:
http://goo.gl/0va2DU

The processing time on USCIS’s website is not applicable to DV based AOS petitions, those often get fast tracked. You should post subsequent AOS related questions on the DV 2018 AOS thread in the forum - and I recommend spending sometime reading previous posts there also about what others are doing.

This is really helpful - thank you!!

Hi All

Apologies if these questions are silly. I think its partly to do with nerves due to my impending interview. I am preparing all my documents for my July 10th interview and was after some clarification on a few things
1) I have my birth certificate and other original documents as well as their copies and I just wanted to know if the copies needed to be professionally certified as that is not specified on the cover sheet provided
2) I also have my medicals with me unopened (Was I meant to have these with me or should they have been sent to the consulate ahead of my interview?)
3) I have 4 US sized passport photos - I presume that is more than enough? I only see the requirement for 1 but as a stress-head I got 4 done.
4) I am originally from Zimbabwe so my high school record is my A level result certificate. Is that enough? If not are my University transcript/Bachelor certificate/graduation invitation certificate enough? (Overkill I know?

4) I am originally from Zimbabwe so my high school record is my A level result certificate. Is that enough? If not are my University transcript/Bachelor certificate/graduation invitation certificate enough? (Overkill I know?
Take a copy of your bachelors certificate too.

Where were you born? If you were born in Zim you should have an AF number.
Should I? Oh God!! Well there goes my visa chances then. I was very clear about where I was born and where I have citizenship. I no longer have citizenship in Zimbabwe and reside in Australia. I am gutted.

Should I? Oh God!! Well there goes my visa chances then. I was very clear about where I was born and where I have citizenship. I no longer have citizenship in Zimbabwe and reside in Australia. I am gutted.

Too bad, you didn’t read and follow the instructions before getting to this stage. Your past or current citizenship is irrelevant in terms of chargeability region, only your country of birth matters. I’m afraid, your case will be disqualified.

Too bad, you didn’t read and follow the instructions before getting to this stage. Your past or current citizenship is irrelevant in terms of chargeability region, only your country of birth matters. I’m afraid, your case will be disqualified.
Thanks for letting me know albeit in a harsh manner. No need to be abrasive I am already feeling depressed about my crushed dreams. I guess I confused KCC since I applied as a Zimbabwean. I put Zimbabwe as Country/region of birth as well as Region of Origin but I also put Australia both as Country/Region of Origin. Since I didn't have a passport # for my Zimbabwe entry and I needed to put one in so I entered Australia first.

Thanks for letting me know albeit in a harsh manner. No need to be abrasive I am already feeling depressed about my crushed dreams. I guess I confused KCC since I applied as a Zimbabwean. I put Zimbabwe as Country/region of birth as well as Region of Origin but I also put Australia both as Country/Region of Origin. Since I didn't have a passport # for my Zimbabwe entry and I needed to put one in so I entered Australia first.

NO one was harsh in their response.

Your OC number is a result of you selecting an OC country as a country of chargeability. You did that. Not KCC.

If you were married to a Australian at the time of entry, you would be able to continue. Other than that - refusal is certain.

NO one was harsh in their response.

Your OC number is a result of you selecting an OC country as a country of chargeability. You did that. Not KCC.

If you were married to a Australian at the time of entry, you would be able to continue. Other than that - refusal is certain.[/QUO
Thank you ALL. My apology I read the response wrong. You are correct it is my fault.

Abrasive? You think I derive some sort of perverse pleasure in other people’s pain or misfortune? Well I certainly don’t sugarcoat things, but maybe you equally need to not lash out in anger either as a result of your disappointment.

By the way, passport number was never required during the eDV registration, so that is not where your error in judgment came from. It came from your failure to read and follow the instructions like I pointed out before. And KCC wasn’t ‘confused’ by the way you entered your information. They basically went by your claim of OC as your chargeability region, which would have been acceptable if you were married to someone from the OC region for instance despite Zim being your country of birth.