• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

Hello
My interview is scheduled for July 10th. I changed employers after I submitted my DS260 and have not updated it with my current employer. It is in the same field (administration). Do I need to unlock my DS260 before my interview and update this information?

Appreciate any help! Thanks :)

Hello
My interview is scheduled for July 10th. I changed employers after I submitted my DS260 and have not updated it with my current employer. It is in the same field (administration). Do I need to unlock my DS260 before my interview and update this information?

No

Hi everyone! My number finally went current, Im 2018OC13xx. When should I expect a 2NL?
Been refreshing my email and even logged in to the ESC page but nothing yet. Excited things are falling together!

I haven’t received mine yet either, but no stress, it’ll come in the next week or two. The interviews not til August. My number is 2018OC12xx.

Police checks......

I have a sealed Police check from The Japanese National Police Agency that is dated 18 May 2017. Is that going to still be current for an interview in September or should I seek a more recent certificate of criminal record?

I lived in Japan in 1992, 1993 and 1996 and have spent a night there in 2007.

Also, does anyone know the process for requesting a police check for New Zealand to have the details sent to the Sydney consulate for interviews - I read conflicting steps on the NZ Police website and US State Dept website. I've sent the NZ Police an email to see what they say and will post the response later.

Hi rick, I’m in a similar situation. I also got the police certificate from Japan and NZ (and Canada and Australia... lots of police checks)

Your Japanese one should be fine, for countries of previous residence - it’s meant to cover your whole residence in the country and you should not have returned there after the police certificate date. The 12 month validity applies to country of current residence.

NZ, follow the instructions on the dvselectee and Nz police website. Email through to them the section 14 ‘overseas’ form to the vetting NZ police email address. Doesn’t even cost anything and took them about a week to process and email to the Auckland US Consulate. on the form (and email) just clearly write in your case number. Auckland consulate then forwards it where it needs to go based on your case number.

Thanks Joel,

You are correct. I emailed the NZ Police at 7pm NZST and they wrote back in 10 minutes - there is conflicting information on their website that they acknowledged and will update. So I will wait til I get my 2NL mid-late July and get the process going with the section 14 overseas form.

I am hoping my number OC149X comes up for a Sept interview but I must not leave anything to chance in terms of timing so I get approved on the day. ANy other great advice? Did you do anything pre-medical to check your immunization status?

Thanks Joel,

You are correct. I emailed the NZ Police at 7pm NZST and they wrote back in 10 minutes - there is conflicting information on their website that they acknowledged and will update. So I will wait til I get my 2NL mid-late July and get the process going with the section 14 overseas form.

I am hoping my number OC149X comes up for a Sept interview but I must not leave anything to chance in terms of timing so I get approved on the day. ANy other great advice? Did you do anything pre-medical to check your immunization status?
Get a blood test to screen for what injections you need.

Hello

See you there on the 10th!

Interviewed on Tuesday at the Sydney consulate, and pleased to report that my visa has been approved!!

MASSIVE thank you to everyone here. This forum has been a huge help, from the big stuff (what's a case number???) to the little stuff (what kind of envelope do I have to bring to the interview...?)

The interview was very straightforward, no curly questions. What do you do for a living? Do you have a licence to do that in the US? (I am a healthcare professional; US licensure is required). Where do you plan to move? What's your savings situation? What do your family think of the move? When are you planning to relocate? Have you ever been married? Do you have any children? Overall it took only a few minutes, and at the end he said those magic words "Well, everything seems to be in order....". He advised that my passport, with shiny new visa attached, will probably arrive in around 7-10 days. :)

I'm planning to activate in September - already had a trip booked to attend a conference. Then hopefully move to NYC in March/April 2019!

Thanks again to all the helpful folks on this forum. Legends, all!

Interviewed on Tuesday at the Sydney consulate, and pleased to report that my visa has been approved!!

MASSIVE thank you to everyone here. This forum has been a huge help, from the big stuff (what's a case number???) to the little stuff (what kind of envelope do I have to bring to the interview...?)

The interview was very straightforward, no curly questions. What do you do for a living? Do you have a licence to do that in the US? (I am a healthcare professional; US licensure is required). Where do you plan to move? What's your savings situation? What do your family think of the move? When are you planning to relocate? Have you ever been married? Do you have any children? Overall it took only a few minutes, and at the end he said those magic words "Well, everything seems to be in order....". He advised that my passport, with shiny new visa attached, will probably arrive in around 7-10 days. :)

I'm planning to activate in September - already had a trip booked to attend a conference. Then hopefully move to NYC in March/April 2019!

Thanks again to all the helpful folks on this forum. Legends, all!
Yay !!!! Congratulations you’re about to live your dream.

Hello, a few quick questions -
1. Is a platinum express envelope required at the interview?
2. How many passport photos are required? And in US or Aus size?
3. If I am going with education certificates just confirming I don't need to take O'net/ employment proof?
Thank you!!

Friends, what if we have used the same photo from last year (2017) in the 2018 DV lottery entry. But we are selected and have submitted the PR application. Do you reckon that we could be disqualified now due to the photo. Please advise. Thanks

Friends, what if we have used the same photo from last year (2017) in the 2018 DV lottery entry. But we are selected and have submitted the PR application. Do you reckon that we could be disqualified now due to the photo. Please advise. Thanks
Bula, it’s unlikely that you would be disqualified at this point. Not impossible but unlikely