• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

wow....OC just jumped to 1400, anyone got any predictions if it is possible for OC to go current in the last visa bulletin??....or any prediction on what the cut-off no might be?..

my case no is 177#.....crossing my fingers....

Possibly more work because this is the one they’ll add in the DV2019 info.
What kind of 2019 info gets released with the July bulletin QQQ
The breakdown of how many selectees each country has. See the July 2017 bulletin for an example - (can’t post link as the forum thinks it’s spam. Go google it)

Or maybe not.... hmmm. Unusual not to be published and makes the later publication curious, though I’m watching a family based number for someone else and there was incredibly slow movement in her category so it might be something to do with calculations for other categories. Or maybe a bunch of people went on summer vacation early. Who knows!

The breakdown of how many selectees each country has. See the July 2017 bulletin for an example - (can’t post link as the forum thinks it’s spam. Go google it)
Ah ok so the 2017 I had a look I didn’t realise that they had the 2018 results in it too

Or maybe not.... hmmm. Unusual not to be published and makes the later publication curious, though I’m watching a family based number for someone else and there was incredibly slow movement in her category so it might be something to do with calculations for other categories. Or maybe a bunch of people went on summer vacation early. Who knows!
Do you think perhaps the 2019 info wasn’t released as the future of it is up in the air?

Do you think perhaps the 2019 info wasn’t released as the future of it is up in the air?

That thought did cross my mind, but it’s purely speculation. It could simply be because the draw was 2 weeks later this year so the detailed info missed the deadline to be in the July one and will be in next month.

wow....OC just jumped to 1400, anyone got any predictions if it is possible for OC to go current in the last visa bulletin??....or any prediction on what the cut-off no might be?..

my case no is 177#.....crossing my fingers....

Current is not possible. Your number is still very risky.

Trumps statement today seems to reaffirm his push to end the lottery with him saying that dreamers will only get a visa if they end the lottery along with some other programs. It’s easy at the moment to feel disheartened. I think the pressure to get the visas before they end it will be considerably higher than in past years.

Here’s hoping that it will take months if not years to end it. Hopefully we will see the start of the 2019 fiscal year visas at least start to get processed.

I wonder how long something like this usually takes to get passed by Congress.

DS260 revision questions:

I was grateful for the big jump in August numbers.

I'm hoping that OC gets to 1500 in September and I can get an interview scheduled.

Since I filed my DS260 a few things have changed and I am wondering if they should be updated now (ie unlock and update DS260) before the next visa bulletin, or if we should deal with these updates at interview:

1. I stopped working for my last employer on DS260 and I now have two jobs (professional consulting) in the same field. Should I update the employers in DS260?

2. Since the last date of declared entry to the US in the DS260 I have been to the US six times for work (so none of the last five trips on the DS260 should be there).

Is there any consequence for updating the DS260 in terms of order of interview date if my number becomes current in the September interview dates?

Many thanks in advance.

DS260 revision questions:

I was grateful for the big jump in August numbers.

I'm hoping that OC gets to 1500 in September and I can get an interview scheduled.

Since I filed my DS260 a few things have changed and I am wondering if they should be updated now (ie unlock and update DS260) before the next visa bulletin, or if we should deal with these updates at interview:

1. I stopped working for my last employer on DS260 and I now have two jobs (professional consulting) in the same field. Should I update the employers in DS260?

2. Since the last date of declared entry to the US in the DS260 I have been to the US six times for work (so none of the last five trips on the DS260 should be there).

Is there any consequence for updating the DS260 in terms of order of interview date if my number becomes current in the September interview dates?

Many thanks in advance.
I wouldn't update if I was you, they're not major changes.

Correct answer.

I don’t think anyone is able to tell you that. It’s a distinct possibility that 150X will become current. Best to wait and see, sorry.

Guys, just some food for your thoughts

2017 : April 850, May current
2016 : June 1100, July current
2015 : Aug 1350, Sept 1490
2014 : Aug 1450, Sept 1450

Forget about the theory, and just by looking at the above it seems that the Sept figure for 2018 is NOT likely to go current coz the years that went current had previous month case number around 1000 only. Secondly, when the cut-off number passed 1350, than there is a definite cut-off number for Sept also.

Also considering the figures for 2014, it is highly likely that we may have same fate this year because most of time when the cut-off strikes above 400, it hardly jumps again. 2015 was lucky because Aug was 1350 and then Sept had a big jump of of 140. This yr, we have already stroke 1400, so guess we may either have the fate of yr 2014 or just a slight increase.

Just a theory to advise people to keep calm and not to rely much on the predictions. But continue living your life as normal so you may not feel any difference if things do not go your way.

ALL THE BEST PEOPLE

Guys, just some food for your thoughts

2017 : April 850, May current
2016 : June 1100, July current
2015 : Aug 1350, Sept 1490
2014 : Aug 1450, Sept 1450

Forget about the theory, and just by looking at the above it seems that the Sept figure for 2018 is NOT likely to go current coz the years that went current had previous month case number around 1000 only. Secondly, when the cut-off number passed 1350, than there is a definite cut-off number for Sept also.

Also considering the figures for 2014, it is highly likely that we may have same fate this year because most of time when the cut-off strikes above 400, it hardly jumps again. 2015 was lucky because Aug was 1350 and then Sept had a big jump of of 140. This yr, we have already stroke 1400, so guess we may either have the fate of yr 2014 or just a slight increase.

Just a theory to advise people to keep calm and not to rely much on the predictions. But continue living your life as normal so you may not feel any difference if things do not go your way.

ALL THE BEST PEOPLE
The chances of OC going current are slim to none....well actually none I would say. Hopefully there will be a bigger increase for Sept but like everyone says it’s just a matter of wait and see.