• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

hello ayub senai how are you doing,its good to hear from you.what's your case number? and you are wright its look a bit sluggish but we need to see the previous historical VB for Ethiopia in specific to say so, don't you think?and that's why we need the sinors. Dear MOM, Brit,Susi,ZGREAT could you please say something about this thanks in advance for usuall cooperation!!
dear bros and sisters,
it is really sad the cut off for af region especially for ethiopia is so sluggish in this month while we are waiting eyes wide open for big jump.

britsimon and other senior members,

do you think the exception for ethiopia will be over in the march visa bulletin?

@ arsem-6-123 in this particular case yup you are correct.
But also if my number is lower and i had been delayed on filling the form due of any reasons, this is also not meaning i will get delay on the interview schedule.
so i only meant no relation on delaying the for filling and the interview, its depending on your case number only and their work.

OK now your number is current if you send your DS260 early you will have your 2NL within the next two weeks so get your self ready and make sure your Docs are ready except your police clearance and your medical which will be done after your 2NL

hello ayub senai how are you doing,its good to hear from you.what's your case number? and you are wright its look a bit sluggish but we need to see the previous historical VB for Ethiopia in specific to say so, don't you think?and that's why we need the sinors. Dear MOM, Brit,Susi,ZGREAT could you please say something about this thanks in advance for usuall cooperation!!

You can find all previous VBs on the USDOS's website:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

Click on each year to expand the selection and view the numbers specific to Ethiopia

You can find the historical numbers for all the 5 regions from the following link:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers-5-regions.324166/

However if you want an Ethiopian specific historical data, you'll have to create that from the link I provided in my previous response. Communal effort is mostly what has been keeping this forum running and making it supportive and helpful to those going through the DV process.

Hi arsem ,
My case no is 29*** I think we are on the same boat. U can see the historical VB on the site mom replied but analyizing that will only drive u crazy I think its better to exercise patience and hope for a better number for next month.

Am sorry but I was not foolwing VB this year, but sounds like it is a bit fast compared to 2015, one thing I learned from my DV lottery experience is "Patience" you are selected for a reason, try to exercise patience and enjoy your time back home :):)

the VB progress for AF and ethiopia doesn't go with the same pace and GAP.. you can refer back to the previous VB's .. last year's bullentin for eth., for example, was faster at this time..

it's just about time though.. . but this year's ds260 processing and VB is so slow for ethiopians unto this time.

you can take my case too, I have a fairly low CN(9***) which became current in Jan. , been more than 7 month since I submitted the form but guess what,? haven't received 2nl yet..

sorry i meant the above comment as a replay for

arsem -6- 123
I really needs help from sinors
I was looking Brit web and try
to understand reason for slow
VB at this time also I have
checked the historical VB for
Africa 2016,2015 its seems
the same i mean the
progration is even a little bit
batter this year and from
previous experience the real
pace starts from april ,may,
jun, because of several reason
which I understand and the
thing is I just can not get the
extracted historical VB

You guys are over complicating a simple thing.

The pace year to year will be different. The DS260 backlog causes an early fast pace and a slowdown in the middle months. But the overall plan is to stretch processing out over a full year. They don't want to have all the interviews completed in 6 months - that would be inefficient, and potentially unfair to a low case number later submission. So - they control the pace. Stop stressing about it. It doesn't matter if you have to wait an extra month or two.

message well acknoweleged.Thanks Brit OMG!I have never thought I will be tested on my patience at this level I guess its for good
You guys are over complicating a simple thing.

The pace year to year will be different. The DS260 backlog causes an early fast pace and a slowdown in the middle months. But the overall plan is to stretch processing out over a full year. They don't want to have all the interviews completed in 6 months - that would be inefficient, and potentially unfair to a low case number later submission. So - they control the pace. Stop stressing about it. It doesn't matter if you have to wait an extra month or two.

Mom thank you so much for the link and I have made a conclusion that my case will be come current on June o July we just have to wait and see
You can find the historical numbers for all the 5 regions from the following link:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/historical-visa-bulletin-numbers-5-regions.324166/

However if you want an Ethiopian specific historical data, you'll have to create that from the link I provided in my previous response. Communal effort is mostly what has been keeping this forum running and making it supportive and helpful to those going through the DV process.

Ohh really did you contact KCC why your case is still pending also try to contact US embassy ADDIS you may have a conclusive answer but hopefully you will have your 2NL after 1-2 weeks later,though are your documents ready please always remember over prepared is better than less prepay it worth it
the VB progress for AF and ethiopia doesn't go with the same pace and GAP.. you can refer back to the previous VB's .. last year's bullentin for eth., for example, was faster at this time..

it's just about time though.. . but this year's ds260 processing and VB is so slow for ethiopians unto this time.

you can take my case too, I have a fairly low CN(9***) which became current in Jan. , been more than 7 month since I submitted the form but guess what,? haven't received 2nl yet..

r: 406237"]the VB progress for AF and ethiopia doesn't go with the same pace and GAP.. you can refer back to the previous VB's .. last year's bullentin for eth., for example, was faster at this time..

you can take my case too, I have a fairly low CN(9***) which became current in Jan. , been more than 7 month since I submitted the form but guess what,? haven't received 2nl yet..[/QUOTE]
ohh really did you contact KCC why yoy

ZGREAT patience patience patience tell me about it ohh GOD you know I belive all things happen for areason but one thing for sure is it will affect your normal routine, just for the record do you remember your case number?
Am sorry but I was not foolwing VB this year, but sounds like it is a bit fast compared to 2015, one thing I learned from my DV lottery experience is "Patience" you are selected for a reason, try to exercise patience and enjoy your time back home :):)

ZGREAT patience patience patience tell me about it ohh GOD you know I belive all things happen for areason but one thing for sure is it will affect your normal routine, just for the record do you remember your case number?

Hi Arsem,

Take it easy and relax, keep in mind that just a few people get selected over millions that apply every year. This little wait is nothing compared to a not selected :)

I'm sure your case will get processed in the appropriated time and congrats again for your selection.

I suggest you do your medical as soon as possible, there are cases which got delayed because of medical clearance and missed out from the visa bucket.

Diagnosis of latent or active TB will delay your process until you got treated for it and get medically cleared, it is better to do it now and over come some anxiety which may arise..

Dear Zgreat do they insist on diagnosis for latent TB too?? that's harsh..

thank you sir are you from 2016 bach?:)
Hi Arsem,

Take it easy and relax, keep in mind that just a few people get selected over millions that apply every year. This little wait is nothing compared to a not selected :)

I'm sure your case will get processed in the appropriated time and congrats again for your selection.

thank you sir are you from 2016 bach?:)

This is my third time trying with the lottery and hoping to be lucky on this DV 2018. In my opinion getting selected is the hardest part of the process and you are part of that small % that gets the good news. Just relax now and feel good that you just have to wait now for interview and get prepared. Congrats and best of luck :)

Yes, I was 16*** very close to 17000.

Dear Zgreat do they insist on diagnosis for latent TB too?? that's harsh..
Yes, they want to make sure the person is not infectious anymore, they will have repeat x-ray, skin test, sputum exam.... If confirmed infective it must be treated before visa approval.