• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

For starter let's see some of the terms
most often used in DV processing.
1) Visa Bulletin (VB)
Visa Bulletin is a publication
regardingimmigration to the United
States published by the United States
Department of State. The primary
purpose of this bulletin is to provide
an updated waiting list (also known
as Priority Date) for immigrants that
are subject to the quota system.The
content of the bulletin is available on
the web addresshttp://
travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/
law-and-policy/bulletin.html
2) Current
We say current when visa numbers
are available for a specific qualified
applicant. Visa numbers are
available only for applicants whose
priority date is earlier thanthe cut-
off date listed in the tables
3) 1st NL and 2nd NL
First NL (1st NL) is the First
Notification Letter that you received
explaining that you are a winner.
While the Second NL (2nd NL) is the
Second Notification Letter that the
Kentucky Consular Center send to
your email describing your date, time
and place of interview.
4) C.O
Is the Consular Officer who will
conduct your interview in the
embassy when you go for the
interview.
5) P.O.E
Is the Port of Entry. It is the first
entry point where you enter the
United States of America after your
entry is approved by the US
Immigration officers.
Source: Ormania ethiopian dv 2015 winner

Hi Every one, I have been randomly selected for the DV 2017 program and I am filling the form DS 260. I have got couple of questions here.

1) I have lost my 10th certificate and it will take me long to apply and get it from the National Organizations for Examinations. Does any one has information If I can fill the Ds 260 form and submit with out including my 10th certificate and make it available to the embassy later if I am selected for interview.
2) for the 12th certificate which one should be included in the field, "The institution attended", the Ministry of education (MOE) or the name of the preparatory school I attended?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Every one, I have been randomly selected for the DV 2017 program and I am filling the form DS 260. I have got couple of questions here.

1) I have lost my 10th certificate and it will take me long to apply and get it from the National Organizations for Examinations. Does any one has information If I can fill the Ds 260 form and submit with out including my 10th certificate and make it available to the embassy later if I am selected for interview.
2) for the 12th certificate which one should be included in the field, "The institution attended", the Ministry of education (MOE) or the name of the preparatory school I attended?

Thank you!

You are supposed to provide ALL information pertaining to HS, not just the last two years. You're not submitting any document with the DS-260 form, so there's no reason to not include information related to the 10th year certificate.

Thank you!
1. within half days you can get grade 10 replacement certificate from MOE 2.The name of the
preparatory school you attended

Thank you Dagi for your explanation! I currently live abroad for MSc study and I can't do it by now.
I am now thinking to delegate my brother and get the replacement of 10th grade certificate. My fear was it would take long time. Thank you again.

You are supposed to provide ALL information pertaining to HS, not just the last two years. You're not submitting any document with the DS-260 form, so there's no reason to not include information related to the 10th year certificate.

Dear Sm1smom, thank you for your explanation.

i am also one of z winner of DV 2017 and now am filling the DS-260 form. i have some question about z education certificate. i have both BA & Masters degree from two different institution. my question is that both my education certificates are "Temporary Degrees", which is given when u just graduate from university, not the original ones. so, is that enough? i.e "temporary Degree" or i have to bring the original one, it may take time,or is it possible to send by z institution themselves through post to USA embassy Addis Ababa.

Many tanks .

i am also one of z winner of DV 2017 and now am filling the DS-260 form. i have some question about z education certificate. i have both BA & Masters degree from two different institution. my question is that both my education certificates are "Temporary Degrees", which is given when u just graduate from university, not the original ones. so, is that enough? i.e "temporary Degree" or i have to bring the original one, it may take time,or is it possible to send by z institution themselves through post to USA embassy Addis Ababa.

Many tanks .
if possible try to take the original educational certificate b/c you may need them in latter time others ways donot worry it may not be an issue but needs authentication from the university as well as foreign affairs by the ways you may have time to change if your case number is may not be current in October ,November[

if possible try to take the original educational certificate b/c you may need them in latter time others ways donot worry it may not be an issue but needs authentication from the university as well as foreign affairs by the ways you may have time to change if your case number is may not be current in October ,November[
foreign affairs???... u mean i will have to go to foreign affairs to get authentication?....... my case no. 2017AF000335xx

Dear all,
I need some information about:
1.when will be my interview ? cn AF32*** ,I have submitted DS -260from
2.is it required to have high school transcript during interview time ? I think I lost it, but I have 12th grade ESLCE (old curriculum)certificate , university degrees certificates and transcripts . it is hard for me to get a replacement of the high school transcript because I am out of the country.

Dear all,
I need some information about:
1.when will be my interview ? cn AF32*** ,I have submitted DS -260from
2.is it required to have high school transcript during interview time ? I think I lost it, but I have 12th grade ESLCE (old curriculum)certificate , university degrees certificates and transcripts . it is hard for me to get a replacement of the high school transcript because I am out of the country.

Sounds like the education documents you have are fine.

Your number is current for June, you should have received an interview notification already. You left out when you submitted the DS260, was it late? This may have delayed it. Have you checked the website for an update?

Sounds like the education documents you have are fine.

Your number is current for June, you should have received an interview notification already. You left out when you submitted the DS260, was it late? This may have delayed it. Have you checked the website for an update?
Thank you for your response
i am 2017 winner

hello guys , I have been randomly selected for the DV 2017 program and I am starting to filling the form DS 260. and i need you to help for the following question.
1. I LOST access for the email that i used initially when entering the Dv form, can i use new email in my DS 260 FORM.
2.I AM first year HAWASSA university student & I am from ADDIS SO SHOULD I USE my Addis address as my present address or what
3.when my confirmation page come it display an address and p.o.box of Hawassa that i initially used (of the internet cafe there). can i use new in my Ds 260 form
4.in the question of highest education level i answered by saying some university level course should i have to bring letter from the university that i take some courses or just need my 12 grade national exam result during my interview later.
5.i am still learning in Hawssa which address should i use as present address my Addis or haswssa(don't have any private address here just the university address)

hello guys , I have been randomly selected for the DV 2017 program and I am starting to filling the form DS 260. and i need you to help for the following question.
1. I LOST access for the email that i used initially when entering the Dv form, can i use new email in my DS 260 FORM.
2.I AM first year HAWASSA university student & I am from ADDIS SO SHOULD I USE my Addis address as my present address or what
3.when my confirmation page come it display an address and p.o.box of Hawassa that i initially used (of the internet cafe there). can i use new in my Ds 260 form
4.in the question of highest education level i answered by saying some university level course should i have to bring letter from the university that i take some courses or just need my 12 grade national exam result during my interview later.
5.i am still learning in Hawssa which address should i use as present address my Addis or haswssa(don't have any private address here just the university address)

1. Yes you can use a new email address
2. Use your home address in Addis
3. Yes, same as 2 above
4. Your HS diploma should be fine, however it's not a bad idea to also bring evidence of your current schooling activity
5. Same as 2 above