• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

britsimon thank you so much SIR, what you are doing is anobel worthy I swear to GOD I have never seen any thing like this on Internet.I have found out people like you existing on Internet not long ago but honestly speaking I have a filing that you SIR is from another planet you all did this for free?? Ohh come on for sure after i saw what you and your frainds MOM,susiQQQ,zgreat doing i have afiling our dreams will came true thank you very much.look our case number is AF201700033*** hopefully we will be current on JUN or July is that correct? and January VB 17500 is by how much lesser than las year?is the intrval increase by 2-3 thousands per month? patiency is the key but I don't know how to learn it. needs some advice:rolleyes::rolleyes:

britsimon thank you so much SIR, what you are doing is anobel worthy I swear to GOD I have never seen any thing like this on Internet.I have found out people like you existing on Internet not long ago but honestly speaking I have a filing that you SIR is from another planet you all did this for free?? Ohh come on for sure after i saw what you and your frainds MOM,susiQQQ,zgreat doing i have afiling our dreams will came true thank you very much.look our case number is AF201700033*** hopefully we will be current on JUN or July is that correct? and January VB 17500 is by how much lesser than las year?is the intrval increase by 2-3 thousands per month? patiency is the key but I don't know how to learn it. needs some advice:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Patience is the key - correct. Remember, the next batch of interviews scheduled will be for March - the 6th month of a 12 month year. So - we are not even halfway through the year yet. Generally KCC will try and schedule the majority of interviews over about 10 or 11 months, leaving the last 1 or 2 months for the last remaining cases.

So - I won't get into predictions this year - but yes, your estimates are about right. Now, relax, and be patient.

Patience is the key - correct. Remember, the next batch of interviews scheduled will be for March - the 6th month of a 12 month year. So - we are not even halfway through the year yet. Generally KCC will try and schedule the majority of interviews over about 10 or 11 months, leaving the last 1 or 2 months for the last remaining cases.

So - I won't get into predictions this year - but yes, your estimates are about right. Now, relax, and be patient.

absolutely you are correct. I think my problem is I am thinking about it over and over again and the best medicine for this is to relax as you said and me and my wife had a vacation plan on April to Thailand can we do that? does it have a problem on our interview? "Amesegenalehu" this means thank you in Amharic :)

Last edited by a moderator:
absolutely you are correct. I think my problem is I am thinking about it over and over again and the best medicine for this is to relax as you said and me and my wife had a vacation plan on April to Thailand can we do that? does it have a problem on our interview? "Amesegenalehu" this means thank you in Amharic :)

No problem with that trip.

Now step away from the keyboard and think about something else.

Merry Christmas to All!

I am one of DV2017 selectees from Ethiopia with case number 2017AF00027*** and I will be waiting for few months to be scheduled for interview.
I currently live abroad and I am planning to do the interview here.
1. I went to Ethiopia and got certified my documents; Birth Certificate,Police certificate, High School Diploma and University degree at the Ethiopian Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
Can I take the same Certified documents to American Embassy, or I need to get them first authenticated by the Ethiopian Embassy here?
2. My High School name is changed about 8 years ago. When I submitted the DS-260 form, I didn't consider the name change and I entered the Previous Name of the High school.
Do you think this will be a problem during interview and I need to unlock the form and correct it?
3. I unlocked DS-260 form two times and resubmitted. Is it a problem to unlock many times?

Thank you!

Merry Christmas to All!

I am one of DV2017 selectees from Ethiopia with case number 2017AF00027*** and I will be waiting for few months to be scheduled for interview.
1. I went to Ethiopia and got certified my documents; Birth Certificate,Police certificate, High School Diploma and University degree at the Ethiopian Ministry Of Foreign Affairs.
Can I take the same Certified documents to American Embassy, or I need to get them first authenticated by the Ethiopian Embassy here?
2. My High School name is changed about 8 years ago. When I submitted the DS-260 form, I didn't consider the name change and I entered the Previous Name of the High school.
Do you think this will be a problem during interview and I need to unlock the form and correct it?
3. I unlocked DS-260 form two times and resubmitted. Is it a problem to unlock many times?

Thank you!
Hi! Welcome @begizew

1.I believe the authentication from MOFA suffices the American embassy requirment, I am not pretty sure though, you can contact the USA embassy in your country of residence regarding there protocol.

2. All name changes are considered serious, please unlxok your form and Edit it.

3. Number of times people open there DS-260 doesn't affect there interview outcome,the information you are changing might affect it tho.

Good luck!

OK then are you making your self ready? police clearance,document authentication. when did you plan to have your medical?

Yup, (insha'allah) everything almost is ready, except the Medical exam, i'm planning to do it at 27 of Jan as the medical center say it will take only 3-5 days if no problems so i will take 10 days before the Interview to avoid any delay.
for the police clearance already did it and tomorrow should receive it.
also the certificate of birth are authorized from the MOF for me and my child's and wife also.
but i think also all of them need to be translated???
which kind of certificate should i translate? or all of them should be translated?

Merry Christmas to All!

Thank you!

Thank you ZGREAT!

Yup, (insha'allah) everything almost is ready, except the Medical exam, i'm planning to do it at 27 of Jan as the medical center say it will take only 3-5 days if no problems so i will take 10 days before the Interview to avoid any delay.
also the certificate of birth are authorized from the MOF for me and my child's and wife also.
which kind of certificate should i translate? or all of them should be translated?

I suggest you do your medical as soon as possible, there are cases which got delayed because of medical clearance and missed out from the visa bucket.

Diagnosis of latent or active TB will delay your process until you got treated for it and get medically cleared, it is better to do it now and over come some anxiety which may arise..

@arsem -6- 123

Please quote the reply you want to attach and Type below or above it,

1. Click "reply"
2. Go to the bottom or Top of your quated text and click once
3. Write your reply
4. Click "post reply".

what sort of documents do we need to translate
@arsem -6- 123

Please quote the reply you want to attach and Type below or above it,

1. Click "reply"
2. Go to the bottom or Top of your quated text and click once
3. Write your reply
4. Click "post reply".
I suggest you do your medical as soon as possible, there are cases which got delayed because of medical clearance and missed out from the visa bucket.

Diagnosis of latent or active TB will delay your process until you got treated for it and get medically cleared, it is better to do it now and over come some anxiety which may arise..