• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

hello mates could you please help me with this.. I have a degree but since I didn't make the cost sharing payment, I only have the temporary degree and not the original one.. Is it necessary to pay the fee and get the original degree for the interview?? like, is it mandatory?? thanks a lot!!

I'm not Ethiopian so don't want to answer directly but there was someone else who had a similar question not long ago and the locals answered...suggest you scroll back through the forum to read the responses?

(If you get a visa and move of course you will need the original degree if you want to use it to get a job in the US.)

Dear Guys,
As I request KCC, DS-260 forms are reopened and I successfully completed and submitted it. I did complete it because of your ideas you gave it to me. I just update the form to include my baby. But my baby's separate DS-260 form is still incomplete. My baby do not have passport. Is it necessary to have passport for the baby and to complete the form for him?

Have a blessed Sunday!!!

Dear Guys,
As I request KCC, DS-260 forms are reopened and I successfully completed and submitted it. I did complete it because of your ideas you gave it to me. I just update the form to include my baby. But my baby's separate DS-260 form is still incomplete. My baby do not have passport. Is it necessary to have passport for the baby and to complete the form for him?

Have a blessed Sunday!!!

There are several options around that: you can select other travel documents for the baby. You can also use either yours, or the mother's passport number for the baby also. Either of these options will enable you to submit the form for now while you continue processing the baby's passport.

If you don't complete a separate DS-260 form for the baby, the baby will not be issued with a visa. Each petitioner and all their derivatives (that will be immigrating with them) must have a DS form filled out.

Hi, I am A DV Winner with a CN 18xxx.i currently reside outside of Ethiopia and i am going back to Ethiopia permanently on January. i am likely to be interviewed on march.my question is that "Is It Ok If I Get My Police Report From Here Now(like on Jan 3 or 4) For The Interview On March"????

Hi, I am A DV Winner with a CN 18xxx.i currently reside outside of Ethiopia and i am going back to Ethiopia permanently on January. i am likely to be interviewed on march.my question is that "Is It Ok If I Get My Police Report From Here Now(like on Jan 3 or 4) For The Interview On March"????

Yes.

There are several options around that: you can select other travel documents for the baby. You can also use either yours, or the mother's passport number for the baby also. Either of these options will enable you to submit the form for now while you continue processing the baby's passport.

If you don't complete a separate DS-260 form for the baby, the baby will not be issued with a visa. Each petitioner and all their derivatives (that will be immigrating with them) must have a DS form filled out.
Thank you dear,
r u saying that I can select other travel documents than DS 260 for z baby? If I'm not mistaken, only DS 260 form is necessary for DV processing. I am not clear to use mine or my wife's passport No. for the baby. I'm not sure whether it meanss giving false info for KCC or not.

Thank you dear,
r u saying that I can select other travel documents than DS 260 for z baby? If I'm not mistaken, only DS 260 form is necessary for DV processing. I am not clear to use mine or my wife's passport No. for the baby. I'm not sure whether it meanss giving false info for KCC or not.

No, she means when you fill in the DS260, there is an option to select "other travel documents" rather than passport in the relevant section, which you can use so that you can submit the DS260 as soon as possible rather than waiting for a passport number. As mom said, you absolutely must fill out a DS260 for the baby or it won't get a visa.

Thank you dear,

And why would I recommend you do that if it means providing false information?

In order to submit the baby's DS260 form while you're still processing the baby's passport, I provided you with 3 different options that you can use. You'll have the opportunity to add the baby's actual passport number after you get the passport (you can still request KCC to unlock the form later on if you're not yet scheduled for an interview; alternatively, you can also update that information when you go for your interview).

Of course you can also wait until you get the baby's passport before submitting the DS 260 form (wouldn't be a smart move IMI), but it's your call.

hello mates could you please help me with this.. I have a degree but since I didn't make the cost sharing payment, I only have the temporary degree and not the original one.. Is it necessary to pay the fee and get the original degree for the interview?? like, is it mandatory?? thanks a lot!!
No its not mandatory, as long as your high school diploma qualifies you for The visa.

No its not mandatory, as long as your high school diploma qualifies you for The visa.
thats just what I need to hear thanx a lot brother, its good to see you back by the way. and just to let you know im a big fan of your 2015 thread you people have a lot to be told! amazing experiences... thanks..

Hello Friends how have you been? my age is the same in all of my documents except in the high school transcript. so i requested to my previous high school for the correction & they asked me to bring the 8th grade transcript, cross check & issued me with the correct one. now i have the old & new one with only the difference of the age. my question is that is there any problem or does it create any doubt for the CO during the interview because of the current date? all of the other documents are issued at that time long times ago not current. So, is there any one who faced similar case? looking forward to ur positive response. thanks again.

Hello Friends how have you been? my age is the same in all of my documents except in the high school transcript. so i requested to my previous high school for the correction & they asked me to bring the 8th grade transcript, cross check & issued me with the correct one. now i have the old & new one with only the difference of the age. my question is that is there any problem or does it create any doubt for the CO during the interview because of the current date? all of the other documents are issued at that time long times ago not current. So, is there any one who faced similar case? looking forward to ur positive response. thanks again.
I think you it might be good if you get those documents authenticated starting from your highschool to foreign affairs

I am From Ethiopia My Case No.248**.And now I just checked the “Visa Status Check” website and my status is “AT NVC”. DS 260 submit on 1st May 27th and re-submitted on July 28th.
You think I will receive my 2 NL in Feb or March 2017?
Thank you

I am From Ethiopia My Case No.248**.And now I just checked the “Visa Status Check” website and my status is “AT NVC”. DS 260 submit on 1st May 27th and re-submitted on July 28th.
Thank you
Hi!

At NVC means national visa center, your case number is a bit high, expect 2nd nl between March and April.

Hello every one!!!! First of happy New Year and Merry x-mass to all of you look guys what you’re doing, helping people to faces their ultimate dream US!!!A is simply awesome great job!!! Tumbes up, and hates of to all of you specially the moderators SM1SMOM, SUSIEQQQ, Britsimon “kemekemechaya bedeg beya amesgenalehu” and 2015 batches...... Oromina,Z,Great,Rolex123, God- is –love, @MB1xxx, Lucky person,…… I have been addicted reading your experience and success over and over again and definitely we really need same to happen on this year too, 100% successes. for all Ethiopian fellows once again happy holiday!! :) i will came back with tunes of question of mine sooner than later hope we will do same like year 2015 with more than 190 pages and make it difficultand intersting for the next year. and with all my heart i respect all of you and and we have around 21 participant this year and need to keep in touch and exchange information and interview experience if any...salasebew, mesfin, dougkaich, begizew, dagimagna, tem-et, luel, don*mega, ciciro, luelmagna, yoman2017,set me free, Fikerwa, ayubsenai, selome, mimar, zeadrocket, malD2017, yohannes kifileendalew, markos, wadsitty please lets do this together with the help of GOD and this amazing people who really needs to be rewarded. thanks in advance!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you

How that o_O mine is 259xx and already got the interview date!?!
My interview scheduled at first of Feb, i hope success for all of us .

Hello every one!!!! First of happy New Year and Merry x-mass to all of you look guys what you’re doing, helping people to faces their ultimate dream US!!!A is simply awesome great job!!! Tumbes up, and hates of to all of you specially the moderators SM1SMOM, SUSIEQQQ, Britsimon “kemekemechaya bedeg beya amesgenalehu” and 2015 batches...... Oromina,Z,Great,Rolex123, God- is –love, @MB1xxx, Lucky person,…… I have been addicted reading your experience and success over and over again and definitely we really need same to happen on this year too, 100% successes. for all Ethiopian fellows once again happy holiday!! :) i will came back with tunes of question of mine sooner than later hope we will do same like year 2015 with more than 190 pages and make it difficultand intersting for the next year. and with all my heart i respect all of you and and we have around 21 participant this year and need to keep in touch and exchange information and interview experience if any...salasebew, mesfin, dougkaich, begizew, dagimagna, tem-et, luel, don*mega, ciciro, luelmagna, yoman2017,set me free, Fikerwa, ayubsenai, selome, mimar, zeadrocket, malD2017, yohannes kifileendalew, markos, wadsitty please lets do this together with the help of GOD and this amazing people who really needs to be rewarded. thanks in advance!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Welcome and congrats.

[QUOTE="ZGREAT, post: 2449810, member: 362]Welcome and congrats.[/QUOTE]
Thanks brother how is gena going on their ..here its great as usually you know begu doro,ketema fendishaw defo dabow endet des endemile.....just to make you crave ;) wishes you happy Holiday:)
Just to began my qustion 1) when obama admins leave the office for the new ones,did the COs also replaced by the new COs or are they gonna be staying? 2) what did you think about this year Vb it seems slower than previous year?