1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Historical Visa Bulletin Numbers - 5 regions

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Britsimon, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

2. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Is there a direct link to the spreadsheet? I can't scroll through it on my iPad in that format :(

MAKMAD likes this.
  3. Britsimon

vladek15425 and Idea Mani like this.
  4. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Thank you, that works! And thanks for getting AF 2008 right :)

5. Sloner

Sloner Active Member

6. Britsimon

7. Flori_ALB_NY

Flori_ALB_NY Active Member

Data shows that January 2015 is the 4th best of this month in 20 years for EU region. If things keep going at this pace it will be a great year.

8. Britsimon

Yes, DV2014 was a good year for EU, and I expect that to happen again. Just remember, years in a sense only compare to similar years. Exclusions of countries will change the numbers as we saw before with Bangladesh, and as Nigeria will change this year...

Farzadpar likes this.
  9. Pyryx

Pyryx New Member

Britsimon, just out of curiosity considering EU; which years would you consider similar? Do you base it on the intake, progress, both, or what?

10. Britsimon

For EU in DV2015 you can pretty much assume a replay of DV2014, with a slightly higher end CN.

Annanz and Pyryx like this.
  11. marysinco

marysinco New Member

12. Britsimon

Really what?

13. willz

willz New Member

Hey Simon, so how big was Bangladesh's effect on the following year's CNs? I have a very high AF CN (78xxx), just trying to factor in Nigeria's exclusion...

14. Britsimon

That is a sensible question - Bangladesh had many entrants and when it was excluded the CN ranges dropped significantly. That is evidence for why I think Nigeria is going to have a similar impact - and I have been saying that numbers are not comparable for AF region (high numbers). So - 2015AF78XXX is probably significantly higher than 2014AF78XXX.

You can see that AS region had a highest cutoff in the 40 - 50k range up to 2012 and then dropped dramatically in 2013. However, Bangladesh had CRAZY entry numbers (7.6M in 2012) which led to huge number of holes....

willz likes this.
  15. willz

willz New Member

Looking at 2013 cutoff for AS, the change is pretty significant.... I'll keep hoping for the best though, thanks for the insight @Simon.

Britsimon likes this.
  16. megoman

megoman Member

so does it mean that CNs are being created when the entry happens ? or after the selection ? and why some countries have lower CNs than the others ?
    I still do not understand the sequence of the CNs !!!

17. Britsimon

18. ABOKR

ABOKR New Member

MR Simon My Number is AF76XXX

Is this figure is expected to reach in 2015 :(

19. Britsimon

It's risky - but not high enough to say there is no chance. You just gave to wait and see.

ABOKR likes this.
  20. sadu

sadu New Member

what is d posibility of reaching 90 000 for AF