• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Hi everyone, new joiners - am a 2017OC000005XX, and am so so excited!!!

I have a couple of questions:
- I have submitted my D260, but upon reflection I put the high school I attended for my final 2 years where I received my high school certificate (I also included my university degree details), should I have also included the high school I attended for my first few years of high school?
- I have a single 23 year old, with no assets, by the time I plan to move I will have enough savings to set myself up, but overall have no major assets, is this going to be an issue during my interview. From reading past posts it is not the norm for the interviewer to ask too many questions on financial assets? By the time my interview should arrive, I would have been in my IT/business job for ~ 2 1/2 years.

Thank you in advance.

11 of us so far and counting :)

Name Case Number
MissM88 7xx
JessicaElle 7xx
san92 5xx
GreatestNameOfAll 6xx
AbunjaMak 7xx
Pog 1xx
Rejected Spark 7xx
llotic 8xx
jacinta 2xx
Chriso 4xx
chelsjo 5xx

Hi everyone, new joiners - am a 2017OC000005XX, and am so so excited!!!

- I have submitted my D260, but upon reflection I put the high school I attended for my final 2 years where I received my high school certificate (I also included my university degree details), should I have also included the high school I attended for my first few years of high school?
- I have a single 23 year old, with no assets, by the time I plan to move I will have enough savings to set myself up, but overall have no major assets, is this going to be an issue during my interview. From reading past posts it is not the norm for the interviewer to ask too many questions on financial assets? By the time my interview should arrive, I would have been in my IT/business job for ~ 2 1/2 years.

Thank you in advance.
congrats @jacinta @Chriso and @chelsjo welcome to the OCdv2017 club :p

chelsjo - I am not sure. This article (http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/) is really helpful. It's recommended if you don't have at least 10,000 USD saved to get an affidavit of support

Sydney is one of the embassies that is less likely to ask about finances. That is partly due top the strong economy in Aus that creates conditions that would ensure everyone has, or can get, a few thousand dollars behind them. However, there is always a chance they will ask, and if they do, it is best to be prepared.

11 of us so far and counting :)

Name Case Number
MissM88 7xx
JessicaElle 7xx
san92 5xx
GreatestNameOfAll 6xx
AbunjaMak 7xx
Pog 1xx
Rejected Spark 7xx
llotic 8xx
jacinta 2xx
Chriso 4xx
chelsjo 5xx

So far I have not seen any OC numbers higher than 8XX. I suspect the OC selectee count is about the same as last year.

So because of the low draw numbers does that mean the cutoff will be lower also.. like around 500 or 600?

Similar question to @chelsjo about the DS-260.

I have attended 2 different high schools but have only put down the one i graduated from.

I have also attempted 2 different university courses before tranferring to the course i finished and graduated from (at a different uni). I have only put down my last course & uni.

Would i have to include the high school and university/university courses i didn't graduate from?

Thanks!

Similar question to @chelsjo about the DS-260.

I have attended 2 different high schools but have only put down the one i graduated from.

I have also attempted 2 different university courses before tranferring to the course i finished and graduated from (at a different uni). I have only put down my last course & uni.

Would i have to include the high school and university/university courses i didn't graduate from?

Thanks!

Listing it is the safest decision....

It is advisable to list the school where you attended your earlier HS years also.

Hey guys useful forum - thank you!
My husband has received an email from the lottery with a low 500 number which is exciting. Do you know if they take your passport when you apply? Or do you only surrender your passport when you are called in for an interview? Thank you!
Also has anyone had experience where people were not married when they applied for the Green Card but have since been married? in our case, I would have to be added on to his application now, not sure if that will jeapordise his chances or not! thank you

My husband has received an email from the lottery with a low 500 number which is exciting. Do you know if they take your passport when you apply? Or do you only surrender your passport when you are called in for an interview? Thank you!
Also has anyone had experience where people were not married when they applied for the Green Card but have since been married? in our case, I would have to be added on to his application now, not sure if that will jeapordise his chances or not! thank you
Email? Looks like a spam. You can only check your status online and KCC does not send a email for 1NL as far as I know.

Sounds very suspicious! Selectees are not being sent email messages, and the selection notice will clearly provide instructions on what the next step will, it will also include links to relevant sites to guide through the process.